What would you like to see changed in UMvC3?

ammy is a solid character who probably won’t see many changes. but what do you want changed?

i think for okami shuffle, the first hit should guarantee the entire super (i.e., infinity hit stun on the first hit so they don’t pop out of it). but at the same time, delay the amount of time until the ice comes down so it’s easier to punish.

i haven’t really seen any ammy play on the streams i’ve watched so if you have any updates, feel free to post them here (or make a new thread?). i can update with the latest stuff in the first post if provided.

Amaterasu is perfect the way she is. I don’t want to see any changes at all.

^ Same. Ammy is already a top tier character and takes a good amount of skill to play.

-fix the wonkiness on sword switch combos. They either don’t connect or the opponent air/ground techs out of them.
-make it so that ammy doesn’t cross through crouching characters during her f+HHHHH(i.e. storm, chun-li).

Other than that, she’s fine the way she is.

I agree, but I think some of the overall changes in UMvC3 will make her a bit too powerful. Because you can X-Factor in the air Okami Shuffle will become a much much more powerful punish and I guess that means you can also do it and rushdown your opponent while Okami Shuffle rains hell on them. Admittedly Ammy’s mixups aren’t good enough to make it as scary as Storm doing it with Hailstorm, but it’s going to be pretty powerful nonetheless. Also, now that X-Factor is the same across the board, this is going to help her tremendously. Ammy had no speed buff because Slow super plus X-Factor speed would be pretty darn powerful, and now Ammy’s going to really benefit from the fact that her X-Factor damage bonus isn’t crap.

she already got buffed. okami shuffle, xfc, okami shuffle FTW XD

She does get nerfed with the exchange glitch gone. Meaning no more okami shuffle in the corner, df+H with glaive, exchange glitch into divine instruments. I’ve been practicing that a lot lately.

xfactoring in the air means that you don’t have to commit to some moves like j.H in glaive stance, or wiffed air qcf+H.

Did you see someone do that? I’m sure it’s free to do before the final hit of Okami shuffle. There would likely be a small window to do it in between the last few lighting attacks and the last one to get the most out of it.

For the most part, I’d like to see her remain mostly the same. I don’t think anyone could really complain about Ammy. Her bead stance could use a buff like allowing her to cancel bead attacks into cold star attacks or something. Or maybe giving her a command grab with the bead stance that wall bounces (since Ammy doesn’t have a wall bounce attack).

buff f+H

Ammy is good the way she is. Only thing I would change on her is her bead combos. They need to add a few more mix-up combos for the beads.

Ammy doesn’t have a wall bounce, but she has a ground bounce so its basically the same thing.

I want the ability to choose which weapon I start with at the beginning of the match if she’s on point. There are times I want to start off in bead or sword off the bat rather than switch.

But that’s me. She doesn’t really need actual buffs. Maybe the first hit of Okami Shuffle being full screen when from max distance. Or a bit more hitstun on A and B dog rush specials.

This. In Virtua Fighter, Jacky and Vanessa can switch stances during the pre-fight. You can already move around in this game, letting Ammy switch stances would be great for her since it drastically changes her playstyle.

I completely forgot about VF doing that with stance switching. But yea exactly like that.

So, Ammy can stance switch in the air. discuss.

Nitsuma gave a small list of changes at the umvc3 panel at evo. It was posted in another thread.

Now thinking about it, it might make some air to ground combos easier depending how well air stance changes turns out.

Stance switching during flying screen will definitely make combos easier.

Preferably I don’t want them to change a thing about her, but weapon change in air is awesome. Now give us the option to weapon change before the fight or at the character select screen and that would be enough.

Just give her beads stance come buffs and I think we all good, as it is its by far the weakest of her 3 stances. Or maybe I just don’t know how to use it, but it seems like the weakest of her 3 stances. Other than that I am actually expecting nerfs to come her way since she was(imo at least) one of the better characters in mvc3.

Beads are fine. You don’t really use beads unless you’re zoning anyway.

• Cold Star hitconfirm> super is enough and does good damage.
  • J.c has good range and is special/super cancelable unlike 5C.
  • 5C>2C is good and does good pushback regardless if they pushblock or not.
  • 6C combo is another good one for both pushback if blocked/pushblocked
  • Power slash helps with the zoning game. Good durability and a really big hitbox.

Basically you’re trading damage to keep them out your face and either switch characters or just straight up lose.

I was happy to hear Weapon Change in the air. Cant anyone say Instant Overheads from Disc to Glaive =D

Overall Ammy does seem balanced to me. Bleeds like crazy but also has good pressure and damage ability. Seems fair to me

During pools, I heard chris g say ammy got a nerf to her super. Does anyone know what hes talking about?