What made brawl bad?

Ok let me rephrase my example as I barely see any bitching about marvel 3 from marvel2 players but whatever
You dont see tekken players bitching about the changes in recemt tekken games, you dont see soulcalibur IV players bitching about Soulcalibur V(at least in terms of gameplay) you dont see KOF players bitching about The changes in KOFXIII
what do they all do? They all deal with the changes, they learn to use these changes, etc.
Now you people seriously need to get grip to changes, if you dont like them, then dont play brawl, go back to melee, amd stop whining your asses off, it can REALLY get annoying at times…

While I agree with the complaining part, I do think that the players need to tell the developers how they felt about the changes. Not mindlessly complain about it for no reason, but actually offer up solutions to the things that they find stupid in the game. (And don’t say make Melee 2.0.)

Like for example, we want more hitstun. Well, how much more? Enough to allow elaborate combos like in Melee, or just enough so we don’t have people getting punished for hitting their opponent? (I say Melee hitstun. I feel that combos help balance certain characters; powerhouse characters won’t have many combos, but they hit hard. Faster characters have combos so they can rack up the damage and can then try for the kill. N64 hitstun is a bit too much; there were too many TOD combos in N64.)

We want more shield-stun. How much more? Or perhaps simply make it so grabbing out of shield isn’t so godly? Or maybe make it harder to perfect shield? A combination of the three? (I say a combination of the three…though the strength of grabbing out of shield is probably automatically nerfed by increasing shield-stun and making it harder to perfect shield).

We don’t want chain grabs. How do we go about this? Do we make it so the opponent can’t be grabbed while in hitstun? Make it so grabs can’t connect on airborne opponents? (This one’s a tough one…might just be a simple act of character balancing. E.g. on Dedede’s down throw, reduce the amount of hitstun it causes so you can actually get away from it.)

We want the game to be less floaty. Do we simply want the characters to fall faster? Give characters more varying fall speeds? Maybe just make the game less aireal based like Sakurai wanted Brawl to be? (Increasing fall-speed and the max speed that characters fall is probably the best way to go here).

Thinking about exactly what kind of changes, and telling Sakurai about it (rather than just saying “give us Melee 2.0!”) is the way to get changes made, rather than mindlessly complaining. At least that’s how I view it.

SCIV players would not complain about changes in V because V is a better game. Same for the move from KOFXII to XIII. This is a completely different story.

And you’re still totally missing the point. The point is, Melee players are not complaining. If asked why they don’t play Brawl, sure they’ll put in their two cents. That’s what this whole thread is about. Outside of that, they’re content to go on playing Melee, just like you’re saying they should. And not only that, but they do it better than any other community that is playing an old game, with more and larger tournaments than MvC2, or 3S, or GG. So stop whining about whining that isn’t even happening. That’s what I’m trying to get across to you.

project m, ya’ll. project m

brawl’s not bad, it’s just completely different from melee. at the highest level, brawl is played brilliantly by top players. it’s less fun to watch than Melee, but it’s still a very deep game.

to me the attacks are unbalanced or are just particle affects the animations silent and look horrible and if you say that its supposed to build tension it looks like shit and Nintendo is a multi million dollar company the story is dumb its really easy even on extreme difficulty unless you are doing that Yoshi an link vs. Mario and Icarus is fucking impossible and I just had to have a bottle of painkillers in one had and a controller in another I will admit the controls ore nice if you want to win though step 1 press x step 2 hold down x step 3 win plus if you are going to defend Nintendo it makes more money than you do plus it doesn’t need defending its a company