What is Alisa's purpose?

So i’m new to Alisa. I’m liking her style and her stance changes are pretty damn cool. My question now is…what should her gameplan be? I haven’t quite figured it out yet spending a good few hours in the lab and taking her to about 30+ matches online. Is she footsie heavy with her destroy mode and buzzaws? Is she more of a mixup character? I’m not sure because sometimes playing her one way or the other works and other times it doesn’t. I’m still learning whats safe for her but I really like her dash in attacks. She also does really good damage but I’m still working on maximizing her damage on incoming tags (When she’s not on point).

Alisa is a keep away/zoning character that uses space control with a combination of her fireballs and defensive normals as well as her speed. Also she creates space control with her chainsaws as well as creating pressure situations with them as well. What she lacks now is the ability to keep up in the meter race with other characters, making her a difficult point character to use but, a good anchor. Also, her health is very mediocre at best so taking any kind of hit can be sort of a liability,

She does not have a strong oki game but she as a strong throw and pressure game up close making her fairly difficult to counter if you do it properly

She can’t really rush the opponent down conventionally via jump ins but she can get the job done on offense if she needs to but she has to be smart about it.

Her combos allow you to either stay defensive oriented or pressure oriented with chainsaws but it really depends on the situation. This allows her to control the momentum of the match very well.

She’s a good fit for defensive players who like to control the pace of the match.

She is one of the best characters in the game, but takes a lot of time and understanding of the game to be fully effective.

Good luck, I hope this was helpful!

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

I’m struggling with AA for her though

It was very helpful. I’ll try and look more at playing her in a defensive manner. Interestingly enough I play a lot of Abel Lilli Juri and Asuka who usually try to get in and do damage, so I can zone with Alisa and play offensive with my other mains I’m working on. I had a feeling she was more defensive when I realized she had no kicks and barely any reliable combos in Destructive mode. Still I like her style, quite fun. Any gem recommendations for when I take her online? Since shes’ defensive with low HP i’d assume armor gems?

a little over an hour and half of jwong playing alisa, doubt hes playing her at peak efficiency but it should give you an idea as to how her des form can be an effective rushdown tool.

Try using her LP in destructive form to hit confirm into MP, cr.HP, EX clock setting, cr.HP, thruster right, cr.MP, thruster left (376 damage if you confirm the LP directly into the cr.HP it does 385) or hit confirm cr.HP, thruster right into cr.HP, EX clock setting, same combo (446 damage). I use life regeneration gems mixed with speed gems.

Her best AA by far is her HP in destructive form out of it I usually use her far HP against long range jump ins (Its quite unreliable tho) and the air throw against cross-ups or close range jump ins.

<blockquote class=“Quote” rel=“Axion”>Try using her LP in destructive form to hit confirm into MP, cr.HP, EX clock setting, cr.HP, thruster right, cr.MP, thruster left (376 damage if you confirm the LP directly into the cr.HP it does 385) or hit confirm cr.HP, thruster right into cr.HP, EX clock setting, same combo (446 damage). I use life regeneration gems mixed with speed gems.

Her best AA by far is her HP in destructive form out of it I usually use her far HP against long range jump ins (Its quite unreliable tho) and the air throw against cross-ups or close range jump ins.</blockquote>

I can’t get Thruster Right to cancel from cr. HP. Any tips?

<blockquote class=“Quote” rel=“SynikaL”>I can’t get Thruster Right to cancel from cr. HP. Any tips?</blockquote>

Hmm, that’s just a cancel, no real trick(you can do it grounded if you need to practice). The inconsistent part of that combo is linking cr.hp from ex Clock Setting, not to mention it’s a really unreliable link after a certain number of hits. I’d recommend canceling into ex Eject Slider instead, much easier juggle potential and leaves you in non-destro.

<blockquote class=“Quote” rel=“SynikaL”>I can’t get Thruster Right to cancel from cr. HP. Any tips?</blockquote>

You have to do it before the 2nd hit from the cr.HP.

<blockquote class=“Quote” rel=“Mr.Martinez”>Hmm, that’s just a cancel, no real trick(you can do it grounded if you need to practice). The inconsistent part of that combo is linking cr.hp from ex Clock Setting, not to mention it’s a really unreliable link after a certain number of hits. I’d recommend canceling into ex Eject Slider instead, much easier juggle potential and leaves you in non-destro.
</blockquote>

The link after the EX clock setting isn’t unreliable actually it just have a weird timing with a small frame window (prolly 2-3 frames) you just have to get used to timing it after the end of the animation (Plinking also helps), the part that seems unreliable is the link after the thruster right (juggle one) into cr.MP since you can’t keep the combo if the last hit of thruster right hits but to fix that you just have to do it as fast as you can after the cr.HP so the last hit of the thruster right whiffs.

I’m pretty sure you can’t combo after EX eject slider lol, you are probably talking about EX hard reset which is quite good too imo but the only problem I have is using it midscreen since the combos that I know are:
LP, MP, cr.HP, EX hard reset, far HP, CADC, cr.MP, cr.MP, thruster left - 352 damage (Which seems to be the most reliable imo and you just lose 24 damage but you have to CADC unless you are in the corner)
LP, MP, cr.HP, EX hard reset, walk forward, far HP, thruster right, cr.MP (3), thruster left - 362 damage (But I have a really hard time doing the walk forward, far HP to juggle the character at the right height to make the last hit of the thruster right to whiff)

Yeh, Hard Reset. I haven’t used this in a long time but I think I just used to do my tag combo: st.HP xx CADC, Quick Access , Thruster Left

Besides that, Alisa isn’t meant to be spending meter on EX anything.

<br><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/60638/Mr.Martinez">Mr.Martinez</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Yeh, Hard Reset. I haven’t used this in a long time but I think I just used to do my tag combo: st.HP xx CADC, Quick Access , Thruster Left

Besides that, Alisa isn’t meant to be spending meter on EX anything.</div>
</blockquote>

I’m noticing this. Her EX Happy propeller is awful. Barely moves forward and sometimes misses crouching characters. I only use this if i’m seriously in a tight jam and have no other option. <br>