What if the Korean Backdash was

…in place of the regular backdash? What would it mean for a Tekken game and its mechanics, aside from being a break from tradition and the optimal movement obviously taking less input skill?
There aren’t many command normals that utilise the b, B+[button(s)] input anyway, so in theory it wouldn’t require heavy reworking, right?

I mean, what’s the point of even having a regular backdash when the KBD seems superior in every way?
I’m not saying it absolutely should be done away with (after all, the reward for learning even an unintended technique should count for something, even if I do prefer the path of greater accessibility), I’m just saying that a glitch turned dominant strategy is so much more preferable that I’m struggling to understand whatever uses there might be for the standard backdash in and of itself.

If the KBD movement has been a part of the practical meta for so long, why not just reassign it to b, b?
What would the consequences be? Would it unbalance the game? Would its necessarily set-in-stone speed affect the gameplay significantly? Would it be like assigning motion specials to pure buttons (like with Ed and Falke in SFV)? Does the KBD input need to be executed at a certain limited top speed (i. e. the way that it’s always been) in order to be balanced?

An insight into this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I’d like to preface by saying I don’t know much about 3D fighters.

KBD is essentially using crouch to cancel part of an animation repeatedly isn’t it? Unless I simply don’t understand KBD this would mean to make a regular backdash a KBD it would have to have shorter animation or faster recovery. That would probably make the animations look worse, but I know about animating even less.

How do you propose a regular backdash it turned into a KDB? Just shorten the recovery? This would also make escaping moves using a single back dash and punish even easier. I don’t think I can fully speak to this topic, but I feel like making normal backdash work like KBD is going to change more than you are suggesting.

Yes, basically shorten the recovery… probably better than to assign [b * db] to the second b in every backdash. All in all, just have the regular backdash be as practically effective as a KBD, being that it doesn’t really have a place in the competitive meta as it is right now. The KBD could stay as a means of fine-tuning that movement, but it would only be necessary in certain specific punish situations, and you could regular [b, b] out of most of the other trouble.