What if Smash...

…Was released as an Arcade game? I had this idea of what would happen if it was one. After all, Punch-out, Mario Bros. and even Mario Kart were released as arcade games.

how would items be arranged?

how many buttons would it use?

would it still be 4 player?

will it have classic or a story mode?

what are your thoughts?

1. There would be ALL items on medium

2. 4 Buttons (Z button is basically a macro for grab)

3. Probably would be 4 players. Might build ports like Tekken machines did to support that.

4. Classic.

There would also be time matches only (Probably the regular 2 minutes) and all stages.

What he said, except that you only need two attacks & block. So, 3 buttons.

how would items be arranged?
Probably off and none imo.

how many buttons would it use?
One button for A.
One button for B.
One button for Z.
One button for R/L.
One button for X/Y maybe.

would it still be 4 player?
Hard to say because Arcade is really meant for sideways fighting 1v1 but Smash is largely about 4 player fun. Maybe 2 player though so no.

will it have classic or a story mode?
Definitely classic.

what are your thoughts?
Its a unique idea but I don’t think it will be very successful. Smash is really meant to be played with a controller imo, and the true arcade fighters will always be VS and such. Maybe if it were launched as an arcade (which I feel is unlikely because the main reason people buy Nintendo consoles is for Smash and it only comes out once a VG generation) there would be 1 Smash to 4 “pro” arcade fighters or maybe just one or two in the whole arcade.

Smash would be kind of awkward as an arcade game because it’s one of the only fighters that requires an analog stick to play properly.

Would be intersting but Idk bout playing it with a fightstick.

1)All items on, on Medium (or high, which is default in Brawl).
2)3 buttons most likely. There could be 5 for macros.
3)Probably be 4 players. Machines may be made for 4 players to play on on or they would have a lot of small ones set up and multiplayer would be where you just hop into other people’s games
4)Classic mode

Thoughts: It’s nice, but it wouldn’t be that great. Arcades are not a very strong part of these companies’ business. Why waste the energy to make an arcade Smash when you could make one on the console or handheld and make more money.

Novel, but not the best idea.