What are your iron fist teams and why

As of a few day ago I started toying with iron fist and trying to make him a great point character, let me tell you this has been a mistake I have found that his rising fang assist makes him too valuable to be on point so I have been flirting with the team zero, fist ( rising fang), and raccoon ( spit fire twice ) with great success. Between the rising fang assist and spit fire twice it makes zero almost untouchable. However when iron fist is in play spit fire twice can help his rush down especially since they are slow moving multi hit projectiles that go under most opponents zoning options. Please feel free to post how you have gotten use out of fist thanks-

I play Iron Fist (Rising Fang)/Frank West (Shopping Cart)/Strider (Vajra). They all have great assists to play this team in any order, but IF on point and Strider on anchor is tried and true.
IF can full screen convert a Vajra hard knockdown to a heavy combo.
Frank’s cart keeps enemies standing on hit, so IF can convert it into a BnB, or crumple and hard tag, into a Frank combo to level 4. From there, either IF and Frank can play point really well.

I’m using IF/Chris/Trish because I can’t help but pick characters who I feel are underused (I get much more fulfilled winning with this team than I would using the exact same characters everyone else is using. To each their own though…). Chris provides the necessary lockdown assist (B). Without one of those, my IF would just be scrambling around the screen impotently. Trish provides a unique assist (Peekaboo). I decided that rather than an anti air assist like Doom Hidden Missiles or Strider Vajra, I would try something slightly different. Peekaboo will mess opponents up incoming in the air and often on the ground too for a free combo if your reaction time is fast enough. Be warned, I’ve recently found my opponents using moves like Jill’s knee drop that blow right through Peekaboo and right into my face.

Mrcody: If you had IF on point you could still use his assist often if you DHC into another character or TAC. In fact, you could slap some red chi onto him on point and find a way to get him out so you could now use his assist in an even more powerful form.

hawkus: You’re playing a super legit team for IF. The team seems specifically taylored to support Iron Fist’s needs. Have you found this team effective against some of the more ‘traditional’ teams?

I haven’t tried this team online, so I’m not sure how it would fair against other teams. I play regularly against a Cap. America/Akuma/Zero (we’re both same level, decent players). He plays good zoning pressure, so I have to play defensively and patiently, but when I get a hit confirm it is usually a dead character.

One of my teams is Iron fist/Spencer/Hawkeye. It’s inspired from Combofiend’s team. Hawkeye provides good lock down support and Spencer’s Slant Grapple assist helps in extending combos, bringing a character down to the ground, and setting up mixups. As far as damage and meter gain goes, I can muster just under a million damage with one bar and 2 bars can almost kill Thor. With the Yellow Chi activated my go-to combos can build almost 3 bars of meter and without it around 2. Fists of Fury can DHC into Bionic Maneuvers very easily and Bionic Maneuvers into Volcanic Roar does monster damage. Overall though this Iron Fist teams requires a lot of work to get things going. However, if you lose Iron Fist you can try to make a comeback with X-Factor lvl 3 Hawkeye.

^

I run Iron Fist (rising fang)/ frank (shopping cart)/ dante (jam session). the game plan is simple…win the point character war, land a solid hit, and level up frank. well, not soo easy in play lol. The pros of this team include the assists used. one of the most dominant ground assists, as well as one of the most effective anti air assists. With proper timing there are ways to convert from jam session. landing a solid hit on the ground, even with the help of shopping cart, allows me to raw tag frank for an extention leading to a guaranteed level 4 or depending on meters level 5. I feel mastering plink dashing is what will make the most of these assists against characters like zero and viper, who DESTROY iron fist. the quickest movement possible, covered by a well timed assist will definitely help in those matchups. Also, with frank locking down you can go for really good pressure here. Maintaining momentum is key. As far as combos are concerned, all that really matters is leveling up frank with a grounded hit, but if u really want to kill without leveling frank up, the assists definitely allow for otg extensions. Also, if you are in a situation where you have been blocking most of the match due to heavy zoning and really need a way in, 2 or 3 meters (3 preferably) will grant you a good team super option blow over everything in your path. I say preferably 3 meters because with dante’s million dollars remaining on the field you then have the chance to go for some high/lows and frame traps. Now the cons of this team are quite obvious, it just isn’t a very strong team on its own, but its a good frank team. Iron Fist must win the point character war and if you are familiar with frank teams this is nothing new, but the problem is doing it with Iron Fist. If you lose the point character war, you’re going from a bad character to another bad character coming in. In other words, where in some other frank teams you have a better chance at winning the point war, its very hard here. Also, in matchups where the opponent can lock you down from full screen, these assists cant reach full screen. You must be patient, where you would normally anyway, and take your time moving forward Therefore, mastering whiff punishing, hit confirming, assist call/counter assist calling, anti airing, chasing push block, and reactions will be very important. Dante anchor isn’t the best either but if you get your game started it doesn’t matter anymore. Well that’s all there really is to this team. I hope you very few IF players found this helpful.