What are your best Bison Combos/setups?

Just wondering what setups people are using with Bison out there…when posting be groove and even if so ratio specific…This fool has so many good moves…combos…supers…and basic traps it’s crazy…So post your strats so we all can be better Bison players…

-B.:cool:

all your characters are silver except sagat?
remember McDonalds Sagat in alpha 2 with orange and yellow shorts on.

I connect standing shorts a lot. sShort to sJ to sStrong to any combo. Its a very easy link to special or super. i also teleport with him while charging, this works on people more than one might think. In alpha 2 you could combo off any jab or short into his head stomp, now you can’t, but it does catch off guard and good for stuns. head stomp after combos to supers.

One thing about Bison. If he stands still, his hand looks like he jacking off. Or maybe it resembles the motions i use when i am?Go look.

ok. :o

does n e one know how to stop rushdown people when u r using bison?

(corner) j.HK, c.MK, c.MK, MK Scissor Kick, Activate CC, s.HP, HP Psycho Banish*15, Knee Press Nightmare

Almost 14000 damage, without a dizzy…sick.

Sup Bokchoy…im glad to see u posting in my thread and no harsh feelings either…

One of my favorite combos is HK or MK cross-up…jab,jab,crouching mk into level 3 torpedo or kick super…damn it’s simple and does the damage…

-B.:cool:

I rate the double air strong probably as one of his best moves, the priority is decent and it leads to CCs when done air to air (which is most of the time when it gets used)…

• C-Groover air blocks the first hit, goes back to ground, time the second one to fall on him and resume pressure tactics through poke into short scissors (since most people STILL don’t know how to punish this move)

• K and P have a tough time with this as well, because the second hit can be timed whenever, they either risk the hit and being overprioritised (which happens often) or they wait and attempt to parry/jd which you can screw with them big time.

• Also good as AA as the last second, just before they land on you, jump up with the first strong, time the second as you need it, then activate into free cc.

Like I said, most of the time it’s used as AA, but it’s good vs opp waking up, or sometimes when you are simply jumping in, I find it to be quite useful as part of a pressure game because of the varied timing (although simply jumping opens you up to opp AA so use it as you see fit).

Some pointless tips there, maybe they help you.

cya
D.S

here’s my favorite j. mk crossup, cr. lp, cr. lp, st. mp xx lk knee press. it’s 99% safe. the mp pushes you far enough so that the lk knee press is unpunishable.

As simple as this may sound, I like to use the teleport when I get cornered. Especially when someone tries to jump in on me or low jump when I’m cornered. I try to keep bison at the range when I can standing fierce my opponents (and NOT get the gut punch) if they jump, and the short scissor kick only hits once for a safe poke. Another option if your an a-groover is to activate your custom thru rush down patterns. Keep your opponent honest, don’t give anything away. I counter pokes with this cc:

activate cc, low foward, low fierce x 2, standing roundhouse, low roundhouse, low fierce, roundhouse scissor kick, low fierce, roundhouse scissor kick, dp x n, super scissor kick.

My favorite combo to do with bison is:

cross-up forward/roundhouse, low jab x 2, standing short xx forward scissor kick, activate cc, standing jab, roundhouse scissor kick, low fierce, roundhouse scissor kick, dp x n, super scissor kick.

Full screen cross-up customs rule.

-wes

Bison only has one BB
and thats the d.jab x2, d.mk xx kicky thing.

Just master that BB and your fine.
add super when u have super, other then that… its simple.

Good rushdown wit this fool.
small jump into quick m.p then second m.p as u land.
Big characters like sagat get hit by both which can be put into the BB (excluding one jab).

His poke used is standing m.k beats most other pokes (excluding slides… fucking blanka)
Dont use super as anti air… waste. U must parry first then super.

(Don’t mind if the names of the moves I list are incorrect)

Personally, I like to start off with a Devil Reverse (Charge Down > Up + punch), then when Vega lands, excecute his Slide, trip your opponent, then cancel into his Head Stomp. The Slide will connect most of the time because no one blocks low when they get up after the Devil Reverse.

It’s easy and short, but you’d be amazed how quickly it’ll run down your opponents life. :smiley:

Actually, vs. an opponent who can quick rise on getup, there is no good reason NOT to slide after a knockdown. If they quick rise, they get hit (and if they quick rise AGAIN, they get comboed). If they don’t, you get closer and can continue pressure.

My bad. Disregard my last comment then. It threw me off when the other guy said most people don’t block low etc… You can’t block at all when you tech roll. Honda slappy slappy… :smiley:

[As simple as this may sound, I like to use the teleport when I get cornered. Especially when someone tries to jump in on me or low jump when I’m cornered. I try to keep bison at the range when I can standing fierce my opponents (and NOT get the gut punch) if they jump, and the short scissor kick only hits once for a safe poke. Another option if your an a-groover is to activate your custom thru rush down patterns. Keep your opponent honest, don’t give anything away. I counter pokes with this cc:

activate cc, low foward, low fierce x 2, standing roundhouse, low roundhouse, low fierce, roundhouse scissor kick, low fierce, roundhouse scissor kick, dp x n, super scissor kick.

My favorite combo to do with bison is:

cross-up forward/roundhouse, low jab x 2, standing short xx forward scissor kick, activate cc, standing jab, roundhouse scissor kick, low fierce, roundhouse scissor kick, dp x n, super scissor kick.

Full screen cross-up customs rule.]

Wes your Bison is too sick! Anyway, most of the time the CC I use when not in the corner is:

activate cc, S. Fierce, S. Fierce, C. Roundhouse, S. Medium Punch, SJ. Fierce, (SJ. Jab till corner), S. Fierce, DPxN, Super Scissor Kick

It works. Only odd thing is how you time the S. MP. Depending when you hit it you’ll knock the opponent in one direction or the other which can mess up your jump. Just gotta get used to the time.

Most of the time it works as a pretty decent blow through something. If you like you can start it with C. Forward Kick.

man the main thing i use is standing short!!..its the best thing it has huge priorty…it stop rollers!!..its the main thing i do especially after a croos-up after the cross-up RH do standing short into the scissor kick u can mash about 5 or maybe 6 shorts into the scissor kick for a 7-hit combo…the object is to mash it fast plus it chips hella good for guard damage…but its weird outta all the bison players i see never do that …the move is pretty effective some ppl get stuck after getting rushed by it…but maybe its jus my style…thas good then:cool:

What’s safe to RC wit bison.

Cuz i know at the end of the move, the frames are bad and I can get punished.

What are you talking about? His specials have awesome recovery IMO. He’s like Dan in that matter. I would RC fierce PCs most of the time. I’m actually suprised at how useful his RC Devil Reverse and Head stomp are, or at least for getting out of the corner and inducing…

P|-|33R.

orochi_shoto:

I dunno, I guess it’s just me then. :lol:

so it’s even safe at even if they block right? they can’t punish me.

well thanx for info becuz it might be just me with my attempts to rc.

thanx for info :cool:

That’s Bullshit. RC Psycho Crushers are DEFINITELY punishable when blocked. They basically be used like DPs.

I never said anything about punishment… I said it has good recovery, and it does (as in when it’s finished). It’s not worth it to RC without purpose anyways, use it like you’d use a super and fuck up their attacks. Why would you RC anything that you know will get blocked?