Weekly Analysis

Thanks to Nu and his weekly analysis and tips, my Gen has gotten ALOT better. I want to say a big thank you to NU. I know I still have much to learn and as long as you are willing to teach I am your student. once again THANK YOU

was playing SFA3 with Gen and see what bison said lol!

You’re doing a little better from the first time I seen you play against Dudleys, couple important things to note:

• Overheads and low mixups were performed very well; this Dudley is defensive when you’re on the offensive, so mixing it up like that is good.
  • Most, if not all, of your walldives were unsafe; The only times I would do walldives would be going for crossup ones.
  • Stop putting yourself in the corner; if you have your opponent in the corner, keep them there.
  • You’re lucky this Dudley doesn’t know what he’s doing, there are some times where he had you in the corner, and he just let you out. But instead of leaving the corner, you stay there, and I don’t know why.
  • Try to avoid doing throws as punishes; there were some instances where you could’ve killed him if he just did a bnb.
  • Also, after you do a jump in attack with Crane, wait for a bit until you do a mantis attack, if you do the mantis attack too early, you’ll do a Crane move instead because you didn’t let the stance change yet.

You do so well when you’re keeping him out, the spacing is good.

Things you definitely need to work on;

• Please, I don’t know why, but stop doing the ceiling drop after forward throws. I don’t know what you’re trying to go for. Almost every time it’s unsafe.
  • I would highly suggest you stop doing those FADC combos. Why? Because it scales like crazy and is a waste of two bars. If you want to do the FADC combo, do not FADC a combo when you do c.lk > c.lp > TC2 > hands, instead, do it after a s.mp > TC2 > hands combo, the c.lk and c.lp makes it scale so much it’s not even worth FADC’ing.
  • The Super combo at 5:27, a huge waste of super, look at how much it scaled. I would’ve just saved it for a mk > hands super instead, or an AA super.
  • You’re lucky again in this match that this Cody doesn’t know how to AA properly.

Can you link me to the exact video? The links you gave me here send me to a channel with a couple videos, I looked through some of it and I still can’t find the video

Thanks Nu, much appreciated, I guess the throw is a habit I created for my brain freeze situation, there are sometimes I get confused on what punish to use that I go auto pilot and throw, as for the oga after throw lol! its actually safe(meaty) and some of my friends dont know how to punish it, but now I know some safe jump setups I will use it a whole lot less. I am now 5030BP online lol! if I had better internet I would have been higher and i dont play online much. Thanks for all the Advice. The bison pic make me lol! so hard.

I’m terribly sorry nubbb. It looks like all of them got deleted from the channel :frowning:

[media=youtube]PAl28PZ-Kmc[/media]
I usually don’t jump this much, or do unsafe ogas but I knew he wasn’t really punishing them so yeh.

[media=youtube]EQytomvf3rg[/media]
I derped and accidentally picked ultra 2 in this match. In the second round when I blocked his super, I tried doing mantis ultra 2 and thought cause it was hands that the movement would be qcfx2 ppp, then got the super.

[media=youtube]Z-qGhfjvrkc[/media]

[media=youtube]xZiOwnumfb4[/media]

[media=youtube]pAMLJttGowA[/media]
This match I wasn’t really playing smart, but I’m not used to using ultra 2 for the anti-fireball use, so I was trying to work on that.

Anyways, I know I haven’t done any fancy FADC combos yet, and I need to start putting in lots more pokes xx hands (like cr.mpxxhands etc.) but I was just trying to work on fundamentals with him. Let me know what you think please :wink:

About learning fadc hands besides using it to finish or stun ur oppoent its pretty waste of meter, bnb will do just fine

I agree. Gen’s supers and ex gekiro are too useful to spend bar in fadc (besides the fact that in my opinion, Gen’s fadc combos are more difficult than other characters -> more chances to miss)

[media=youtube]phAblceuibU[/media]
[media=youtube]ArjntU9qNhk[/media]

What do you do when you are having a bad day playing Gen, in this match I had no clue what I was doing llol! pls Nu help?!

Arigato, thank you.

hello Nu sensei.
[media=youtube]yRVS0fdlbdM[/media]
Did terribly at this set. usually I play better but since I did bad, I need help

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys good take a look at a FT5 I did with Viper player Iambboy.

I streamed it last night.

Thanks

ok, I have a few tips for ya, tho I am not as gud as Nu sensei here are a few things.

1. STOP backing out. Gen thrives more at the max sweep range vs viper, you can basically react to most things from there and push her to the corner
  2. Here are things you can do vs burn kick
    ** crane crMK**
    ** mantis crMK into hands**
    ** LEVEL 2 focus (if he lands in friday crumple, behind **
    ** EX gekiro**
  3. Never dash back when you have Viper covered, her only option is to burn kick her way out. and you can punish her for it
  4. STOP DOING RANDOM ULTRA AND SUPER FROM FULL SCREEEEEEEN!! AAARGGGGGHHHHH!
  5. Know what stance you are in at all times lest you make a fool of yourself.
  6. As your skills improve phase out crane jump mk, cr MK that is so not useful if you miss
  7. Stop panicking as much as possible. you had her in a round and you panicked yourself to death
  8. Practice your BnB combos, it will save your life in the game
  9. STOP THE RANDOM ULTRA. >:(

hehe, Cheers Ugo. I do need to work on a lot of things I admit. I find it annoying that I get ex hands instead of hp hands at times.

thats cool man. Gen develops with time. you will get better and better

1. As your skills improve phase out crane jump mk, cr MK that is so not useful if you miss
  • In regards to that I’m not 100% sure I follow.

I mean crane jump mk, crouch crane lk.