Weaponlord Thread

Yeah, i liked the fatality system they had. They weren’t over complicated motions, just use your specials. I used to love cutting off someones head, and just juggle it around

:rofl: , i used to do that with every release of MK. Go to walmart, and rip out the page with the fatalities. I remember in one issue of gamepro i think, they had all of the fatalities listed on page. I took that shit quick.

They aren’t that bad, but there are better ones. The only thing the game needs is to be cleaned up a little. Like EC for genesis. I’d love to see some of these old fighting games redone.

Been looking up more and more into this game. It’s a real shame it didn’t get more attention due to it’s steep curve and proximity to the ps1 release =/. Wonder if there was a chance they might re-release it as a port in some classic collection or something, I’d love to play this over DS wi-fi. guess that’s a real slime chance of it happening though

EDIT: If anyone here is aware of the Universal Fighting System card game(a card game based on fighting game licenses, with a standalone penny arcade set) there’s a thread stickied over there about licenses players would like to see, I just went over there and gave Weaponlord a plug, who knows, maybe they might release a standalone set like penny arcade.

Ninja Edit: Hmm, having some problems with it on zsnes, sometimes the sound drops, and everytime I play, when I lose(and I always lose, the cpu tears me a new asshole) the game won’t come back up, but the music will still play, any help?

I would love to see quite a few old fighters redone as well, just as long as they keep the game 2D, and not do what Sega did with the PS2 collection they released last year! :annoy:

It also feels like the designers put more time into polishing the SNES version then the Genesis. I mean if you look at games like Alien Soldier, Vector Man (and quite a few others) they could have polished up the graphics and sound a little more then what they did?

And for those wondering. DJames posts on Gamesfaqs (look on the SNES WL section), and he’s trying to get/buy the rights for WL. He would like to do a sequel, but I think Namco might be like SOJ with Eternal Champions? So I don’t know if we’ll ever see one. :sad:

Yeah i just played the SNES version also to really see how different it was, and the coloring is a lot better. But i also have a problem with it on ZSNES, sound drops, or after a round the game blacks out. Kinda sucks since i don’t have my original copy for my genesis anymore (lost it while moving:sad: ). I’m gonna try to see how it runs on Gens.

bah:sad: . I don’t know if it’s the file we’re using or what, so looking for or what, so just gonna try the gen version.

Aight, i just played it on gens and it works perfectly. Brings back mems of me and my bro playing this till late at night. Also, has anyone tried EC on gens? I’ve ran into some input problems that i never experienced on console. Maybe it’s an emulator glitch? anyone know?

James has made lots of posts about WL on the gamespot forums.

One of the things him and his team are looking at, is seeing if there’s enough interested in WeaponLord to re-do the entire game, with high-res art, more animation, and all the features and characters they had to cut for time constraints, and release the game on Xbox Live Arcade.

James does not hold the rights to WeaponLord, and actually needs to buy them back from Namco.

Is there any place I can get screens/info on endings? As there’s no way in hell I’m gonna be able to beat the comp at the rate I’ve been going. Seeing poor Zarak tossed up in the air like salad is really disheartening, and I’m not doing any better with Bane, though I’m still trying to get TB down.

I’ve tried looking for endings too…nothing.

BANE

^That fanart is fucking badass o_o, Bane ftmfw

Also added Zarak’s ending(the full one) to his section on the Weaponlord wiki, just used the password for his full ending boss battle on warlord, and spammed Korr to death with Warp Spiders <_</

Has anyone played this game? I swear it’s one of the deepest combat systems ever and the animation and characters were very good.

It seemed a little too difficult and technical for most, but a very rewarding game.

Just wondering if anyone else enjoyed it like me and hopes for a new version.

that game was dope, the first game I actually found an infinite myself. For Bane I believe…shit its been so long

True! So much at your disposal, yet being able to use what you have effectively, is another story.

Yes, when you 1st play WL, the cpu just slaughters you, making it very frustrating for some players. And then some of the moves were ala Primal Rage Hold-Down, but after getting used to the mechanics, they became second nature.
I started playing with Korr 1st, and used the same 2 moves over and over again on the cpu: The Double Flame Strike and his 360 Flame Strike (which when done from a far, can start combos).

The only thing I hated about WeaponLord was:

1. They released it when the 32 bit systems were being pushed.
  2. Nobody I knew wanted to play the game?

I was too lazy to get the X-Band. But than again, I don’t think many people played the Genesis version? I know DJames played the Snes version, from when he posted on Gamefaqs a while back.

While the Snes had the more polished graphics and sound, the Genesis version was more user friendly. This is what I’ve noticed after playing both version’s. Plus the 6 button pad was awesome. :smokin:

I actually have it on SNES and play it like once in 2 months or so just for keeping it alive and it doesnt rust.

Hey NEB wpn lord combovid in the making? What do you say? I recently got Zero Divide for PS one and after 4 mins playing it found a semi inf with one character lol.

I was also wondering about Kasumi Ninja for the Jag… what can be done on that game? PM me anything man!

Watched Cigarbob and James Goddard play this at a stupidly high level for a few hours back in 2005, it was amazing to say the least.

hehe i actually sent Goddard an Email last month asking about rereleasing weaponlord on XBLM. He said there’s a chance we can see a port OR something related to the game sometime in the next 2yrs.

Here’s an excerpt from the email:
Yes, I do have long-term plans to do something in that genre again, hopefully I will be able to secure WL to do whatever I want with it. My timeline is shot right now though, we are busy with our 1st original (unannounced) that we 100% own and will launch in September. Based on how that goes, we hope to get ready for the WL (or alt) game for a 2009 launch. That is a long way out, but to do what myself and Dave Winstead have wanted to do since 1995 with WL, it will take good money & time to pull it off.***

Let me know when you read my PM I sent you Hanzo?

-I’ve never played Zero Divide, so I can’t comment on it.

-As for Kasumi Ninja? I don’t know about the game that much, and aside from Primal Rage, the control on most Jag fighters was not the greatest.
I did have Ultra Vortek, and Double Dragon, but as I said, if you could get past the poor control, there might be something there for a combo vid?..:sweat:

Great news guys. Three fighting games I dream of on next-gen systems are:

-Weaponlord
-Eternal Champions CD
-Bushido Blade

You know since you made this post mepaphoros, I just had to watch Conan! :tup:

About EC? Sega is too damn paranoid to put either of the EC’s on any kind of a collection pack? As they most likely think it might rekindle some old interest that the game had?

I’m not sure why Namco has not put that on any of their collection’s? Maybe they think like Sega does with the EC series, and it might hurt their precious SC series? Which it wouldn’t (that I know of at least). I would like to see WL2. Or a HD remake with the character/s they left out…And a few hidden ones.

They left out character in WL?

If I read anything about WL2, I would buy whatever system it came out for if I didn’t have it.