We already defeated Sheng-long! The Akuma Video Thread

I agree.

The constant fear of SGS is what makes playing as Akuma so great. Them knowing it could be unleashed upon a simple mistake makes for a more conservative battle.

Nothing you can do within the game is dishonorable.

I aim to be a complete player. That means I want my opponents to do everything within their power, and employ every conceivable strategy against me. If I become a strong player, but there is some specific strategy none of my past opponents have used against me out of some misguided sense of “honor” that means there’s a big fat fucking hole in my game because I have no experience with playing against that strategy. I would hate far more for my opponents to create that hole in me than anything else.

You want to know what is really dishonorable? Doing or saying things outside of the game to try to influence your opponent’s play. You wouldn’t consider it honorable to insult a guy’s mom before the match to distract him and lower his play level would you? No, that is very DIS-honorable. And what is even more dishonorable is trying to spread around this idea that people shouldn’t use a particular strategy just because you wouldn’t want to have to play against it.

Posting like that is the most dishonorable kind of thing you can do in the world of competition.

Enjoy

[media=youtube]UWtJpQs16pw&feature=related[/media]

Here are a couple videos I’ve seen.

[media=youtube]66eydgD8Wz8&fmt=18[/media]
One part will make you chuckle.

[media=youtube]grsEaWynui8&fmt=18[/media]
Includes a mirror match, so one’s BOUND to go offensive.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I bet that guy is still pissed. :rofl:

This is a badass thread…awesome akuma videos.

I was thinking of making akuma my main char (along with balrog). I was using him like in 3s and it seems to be paying off (as some people have said). Alot of these videos make me wanna use him ALOT more.

He looks cool with blonde hair aswell and the alt costume is crazy…looks like it could confuse your opponent abit aswell.

the fact that he turned a offensive character into that greatness is amazing. because as soon as they slip up you can fight tooth and nail with no problem.

There is plenty honor in mind games every game has it.
:clapdos: i applaud him .

In the capcom olympics video posted with momochi, at 4:40 and 4:55 what is the blue “flash” when he blocks. I’ve seen it before and thought it was a focus or a counter or something but nothing pops up on the screen as a message, and I dont see anything in the manual about what it is or how to do it. Also at 5:14 and 5:17

This guys a combo beast: [media=youtube]joaQ56l_5mQ&feature=channel_page[/media]

Check out at 3:30, holy shit…

damn sick video

Thats mustard. In general Akuma does seem better defensively though. I guess its where ive been going so wrong (that and being shite).

Seriously. I agree with Minora on this like no tomorrow. Momochi is by far the most exciting Akuma player to watch. Why? Because he mix-ups like a mad man. I want to get this combo down:

HK (2 hits) - cr.LP - cr.LK xx Light Tastu - Fierce SRK

OMG IS THAT BEASTLY AND HE MAKES IT LOOK SOOOOOO EASY!

mommochi ftw

[media=youtube]XCa1mF0gSh4&feature=channel[/media]
2:05?

Great stuff.

I dont know if this is the same player from the Magician Arcade videos, but this guys awesome: [media=youtube]8IG8NMACum8&feature=channel_page[/media]

That was great looking but he burned a whole super meter and didn’t do THAT much damage. Still,amazing execution.

Not sure if I can do this but… here’s a link to my youtube page. A bunch of Akuma videos I recorded there.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sprig

didnt do that much damage, but probably mindfucked that boxer player… and whoever watched it

yea i agree looks like even though it wasnt as much damage as it could of been it put him under loads of presher…did the akuma player force that guy to ultra out of desperation (who knows) but ither way the guy used it and was punished with the raging demon hump fest we all know and love :bgrin:

an yes i agree Momochi is an akuma beast! :badboy: