WD - WaveDash or WeaponDash :Topic Split:

ffff

Just call it a weapon dash…that way everybody’s happy and it really does help describe what’s happening better. Also i’m honored to have my same post quoted 3x in your OP lol.

You’re a pretty cool guy eh who likes to be a voice of reason and doesn’t afraid of anything.

EDIT: Plus I think WeaponDashing would be better. I just wanted to split this from the other topic and keep THAT on track.

I’m such a wannabe mod.

is there talk about weapon dash combos anywhere?

was playing around in training last night and did an interesting combo, but I dunno if it’s been posted yet.

After a midscreen launcher -> sj. A, 5A, 5B, 5B, j.B, 5B, 6B (shield) cancel into 236B -> 236B (chase after the wall bounce - still in the air), 5B, 6B (shield again) XX machine gun super

I can put up a vid if you want. It’s actually not that hard to do. I’m wondering if someone does stuff like this and can expand on some possibilities with weapon dash combos.

this does 16,000 damage

if you don’t do the weapon dash link after the first shield and just land then dash and juggle them as they’re falling after the wall bounce with 5B, 3C, sj 5B, j. 5B, 5B, 6B XX machine gun super; it does around 18,000 damage.

Also, a technique I use with karas assist to set up a shield air combo is the following:

Assume I’m using another gun arm other than shield. Usually have machine gun on for spamming.

Say I do a jump-in combo with B or 2C (down shot), then I’ll do:

2A, (2)P, 2A

this does 2 low kicks and karas jumps out for the 3rd hit and stuns them. Then I’ll do:

236B, 5B, 3C

this will combo after karas’ stun assist. 5B will come out if you mash B after 236B and the opponent will always be standing so it will connect 2 hits. After this you have a launcher and you can set up a nice wall-bounce air combo into machine gun super and have full gun charge after.

Doesn’t relaunch after aerial shield work anywhere on screen? I actually don’t remember right now, but if it does, then there’s really no reason to do the combo you just listed. If relaunch only works near the corner, then yeah the combo you mentioned sounds like a decent alternative.
It can actually be improved, even; after the first shield hit, do 236B 236C so that you end up with drill arm. Substitute the second shield in that air combo with an aerial drill arm, then machine gun sweep. Drill arm in the air does more damage than any other single arm attack, but it’s sensitive to the character’s height, so you’d have to test and see if this works. If it doesn’t, normal machine gun probably still does more damage than a second shield hit.

yea it works anywhere, if you read below, I said that you don’t have to do the air weapon dash link.

It seems like there is some potential but I can’t think of anything.

oh, if you hold C during the whole thing, you’ll get a 2/3 charge on your gun, but the juggle is a little weird in that it doesn’t get all the hits in and your opponent just bounces off the shot taking 1-2 hits, if you shoot the charge shot instead of do machine gun super

hmm… that got me thinking.

if you charge C on the launcher and do the wall bounce combo and switch to machinegun after a shield. if you juggle the opponent with 5B then do machinegun will you get full C charge?

even if you don’t, a dash 5B, 6B, release C should do some good damage… I guess if you don’t have bar or you don’t want to do machinegun super.

Not sure. Which combo are you talking about?

3C (charge), sj, 5A, 5A, 5B, 5B, j, 5B, 5B, 6B (shield), 236A, land, 5B juggle, 6B, release C