"Watch Your Feet!" - The Labrys Thread

Her biggest weakness in my experience is her defensive game. Her reversal is a superarmored callout move that can punish something hard for a combo if you land it but people can seriously just jab at it to slow it down and then just block or reversal you themselves. It’s a big gamble to use, so if you’re locked down you better hope you can block what’s coming, maybe instant block to punish, roll, or find a gap somewhere because you might not ever get out without a burst. There are high level matchup videos up that still show the Labrys getting perfected in some rounds despite being a good player.

Her neutral mixup isn’t actually the best unless you have meter for a OMC for some shenanigans so it relies on you just putting in a lot of pressure and making them block your big normals and safe guillotines

Her neutral persona usage is mostly about controlling space in the ground or in the air. j.D and 5C are good ways to control space but they’re on the slow side

Her pokes are also slow without the best range in the world so you’re looking for some controlled aggression at basically all times

The point of the SB guillotine into trap combos is that they take you from neutral Green to Red axe for 25 meter
5AA SB Guillotine 22A 5A 2B j.B 5A 5B Sweep Oki

you can choose to switch sides if you jump over them with the j.B

Otherwise, some of you nailed it early in that strong Labrys pressure relies on a sweep knockdown into planting a sword somewhere and trying to lock down your opponent by making them block or get hit by it

You also have the option of locking them down with 5C and mixing them up with your set of followups

In general, my game plan is to get to red axe, keep momentum up with oki sweeps and red axe until they have 50% or below, and then kill them with the next combo before they hit awakening. Many Labrys players will choose to hold on to their red axe if they have a big lead or if they are in a matchup where getting to that red axe is kind of a nightmare (which is many of them). I personally tend to take the round first and foremost but I’m still learning the ropes. The reason is that it only takes a few seconds to go from Red to Yellow and from Yellow to Green and it only takes 25 meter to rebuild that, so I prefer to burn the red axe for the guaranteed round.

Danke very much.
Still looking for match vids that show off her oki and sweep shenanigans and the like. Most I find on youtube are just autocombo and continuous j.B.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

try taking a look at this, part 2, and part 3, i haven’t seen it myself but i hear there’s a lot of labrys
[media=youtube]P_kWDlaD7iA[/media]

edit: i’ve been watching a decent amount and it illustrates a lot of stuff you could be using

a common theme is conversion of any random hit into a combo for big damage, especially at the end of rounds

oki comes in during the akihiko matchup but you’ll see all of the defensive problems that she has against rushdown

I see many players use a delayed 5B often but I have never seen it convert succesfully into damage. Are they simply trying to bait a counterhit with it so they can follow up with 5C 2C etc? Might work it into my game if it is seen as useful.

What do most people do for oki after a ground or air guillotine?

Is Guillotine axe completely safe on block?

Pretty useful video regarding combo starters
[media=youtube]Tue8oCXW8KQ[/media]

Looking for skilled Labrys players to practice with. PSN in sig.

For ground oki Labrys can go 2A+B-> 22A or B, then rush up and grab them if they don’t jump, IAD Air Throw if they jump, or sweep them on wake-up if they’re holding up. She can also put them into a 50/50 by doing 2A+B-> 66xx 5B-> Guillotine Axe A of B or Sweep, if you do this right you’ll miss the first swing on the axe which will only leave the overhead portion of it. And Guillotine Axe is Completely Safe if Blocked All The Way through. And For Oki after Guillotine Axe A or B I go for 5C, for Oki after Aerial Guillotine I go for 5C or 5DD to approach for Guillotine or Sweep** 50/50 **listed above.

Looking for skilled Labrys players to practice with. PSN ID = Scrub Saibot

Got back into Labrys, started landing the 5AA 66 5AA 2C B+D combos consistently. Is there a reason I don’t see these on stream?

I guess it depends on the stream. I do not even see Labrys on the ones I frequent. They are considered pretty darn important for maximizing red axe, so I hope more people are using them.

Alright guys, dropping Lab, not because of tiers or anything like that, I’m just having more fun playing with Aigis these days.

I think it’s the red axe part that makes 5AA 66 5AA rare. I’m not in red axe often enough to land this more than once every few matches. At least, that’s been my experience as a[n admittedly crummy] Labrys player.

Green and yellow combos tend to carry my game, even though most combo videos–and Labrys talk in general–seem to focus on what can be done in red axe.

Hello guys. I’ve finally bought P4A and the first character I picked up was Labrys - She fits my play style pretty well.
She seems to hit like a truck… her normal moves cover a lot of distance and her damage output become outrageous when she has the Red Axe available. Labrys also appears to be combo friendly and she has really good resets from her moves so that she can continue her pressure. I
don’t really know that much about Labrys (or P4A in general) - But, there are a lot of good information here and I am more than willing contribute and conduct research…
My PSN is Dark_Ice_Saiko… I would like to practice with the other great Labrys players here.