Warzard/Red Earth

What’s the deal with this game?

It looks very pretty but I never see it played, or even mentioned, ANYWHERE. Is there even the slightest chance I would ever get any comp on this game if I picked it up?

Any info whatsoever would be very much appreciated.

Thanks…

The main reasons for there not being much info on this game are:

Its on the CPS 3 board, so its not emulated (plus there are no console versions of it).

It had a very limited release.

Its really a 1p game. There are many characters but only three are playable. It features a password system to save your position thu the game, and I think some rpg character power stats. Not really a versus fighter.

I have always wanted to play this game ever since it came out cause I love the look of the character designs, and backgrounds. Tho in some ways its nice in the MAME age to still have a game I drooled over when I was young still to look forward to playing.

BTW Im pretty sure there was a gamest mook for this game, does anyone know anything. I would give my right arm for that mook, that and the Fatal Fury Special one:(

Oh yeah, there are some vids of this game over at snkvscapcom.com :wink:

Cool, thanks mein.

That kinda sucks, I thought it was some kinda tweeked out VS. That would’ve been very entertaining.

I actually saw the Gamest Mook for Warzard in a japanese bookstore here in the LA/downtown area; it was called Asahia Bookstore. I even flipped the pages but I didn’t pick up. :frowning:

Instead I got the MSH gamest mook, but I should have got Warzard also…

Now the bookstore closed around the end of January, and there is no way I can find again.

You can play it versus but only with the three player characters. Also they are pretty boring designs compared with the wild CPU characters, like the Eygptian Chimera and the Maso American Stone Idol!
One of the playable characters, Tabasa the wizard (or is a female wizard called a witch?) is playable in SNK vs Capcom chaos.

ARHHHHGGGGG, damn.
Anyone can post to UK who owns this book want to sell?

PLEASE…

BTW, I know its gamest mook vol: 65 if thats any help.

Jiorn

If you want more info about the game just go to this website:

http://www.angelfire.com/on3/cammy/RE.html

Actually, I’d like to know what the hell a “Gamest Mook” is.

I’m assuming it’s an art book. Am I correct?

Gamest Mooks are strategy guides made by a japanese magazine called “Gamest” (now Arcadia). So you could say that Mook is a mix between magazine/book (I know it sounds dumb). Gamest also produced a bunch of combo/strategy videos that explain each techniqual section of the game.

Although I never saw those videos in any stores, I think they are pretty rare now since Gamest doesn’t exist anymore (maybe Arcadia is still releasing them?).

Anyway, you can still find the videos rips around the net.

This game has been emulated for a bit and is now available by default on Fightcade, so the poverty clans have taken some interest. While I wouldn’t call it a good, balanced fighter, people are trying to figure it out for shits and giggles.

Some older notes from Xenozip: http://xenozipnotes.blogspot.com/2009/02/warzard.html
Some Kenji combos vs playable characters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX9bMQeAtOI
All character combo video vs playables:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2FYRfmW36k

A few things not mentioned in the GameFaqs movelists:

• Cycle through elemental orbs with start.
  • After a throw you can follow up with certain orb supers before they land. Poison is good for this.
  • There’s an invisible guard crush meter (mentioned in Xeno’s notes), Leo seems to do the most guard damage and can crush in the middle of his super if most of the hits get blocked.
  • Some orb supers can be mashed. If someone superjumps, you can meter super and mash it until they are guard crushed, unless they jumped near the corner opposite of you.
  • Orb super startup is like MSH, hit regions and invulnerability. Not sure if you can guard cancel in to it though.

So far no one has gotten in to the habit of using Ultimate Guard, so it’s really hard to say who is better than who or what the game will look like when people have mastered it. It does seem essential in order to avoid chip and getting guard crushed on the ground.

It also works with the CPS3 hitbox script