Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown console thread

Manly tears of Joy

Oh yes! Finally. God yes finally. I didnt grow up on Tekken cause I didn’t have a Playstation. I grew up Virtua Fighter cause I had/have a Sega 32X and then had Dreamcast and then PS2. Now I have a PS3.

They better have that tutorial mode From Evo. That was missing from 5 and that Mode was beyond Godlike. Mode taught you basic combos, attack strings, guaranteed throw situations and option selects for throw evading while evading. Very important to have that in this game.

This series (and Tekken) knows how to do costume editing. Unlike Street Fighter 4 you can customize the character yourself instead of buying premade DLC costumes that you might not even like. Fucking Ono made some bullshit ass excuse for not putting it in SF4 so Capcom could try to rip people off by getting people to buy packs for characters they probably don’t even play.

Easy buy for me. I love Virtua Fighter.

Its a great day for VF fans today. VF5 and GGAC were the fighters I played locally. Can’t wait to mess up people with Vanessa.

October is going to start the greatest year in fighting game history, and the year not a penny of mine is going to Capcom*.

• Unless SF vs Tekken turns out much better then what I expect.

Will be updating second post with Youtube channels and links! Please make sure to keep an eye out for updates.

1 year. an entire year.

[media=youtube]lA__kgoiwhs[/media]

AWESOME news! Can’t wait. Hopefully there’s more online modes. I felt VF5 was kind of lacking there…also…I get to hear this music from my TV speakers finally!

Finally!

We shouldn’t worry too much about the netcode since the netcode for VF5 for 360 was really good!

I am so happy ;_;

If I hear about GGAC Online or a new Streets of Rage w/ music by Yuzo, I might die from joy at this point.

The greatest fighting game of all time is back!

TRUST L_A!

TRUST RENO!

VF! VF! VF! VF!

Empty ones. To me, evade motion was like “8-way Run” in Soul Calibur. It may have been slower, but it’s another dimension to move around on. I guess it’s considered more a “move” like an attack is considered a move, instead of a motion like dashing is.

And IS this the last VF ever? No more sequels? New fighting game series? That interview made me more confused.

Well, what do you know. Today is Tuesday.

HAPPY DAYS AHEAD

8WR in SC is basically sidewalking in VF. Step in SC is like Evade in VF. Except in SC3 (or was it 4?) Step>Guard was pretty much impenetrable as there were practically no frames at the end of Step if you cancelled into guard, thus meaning a free step. Not so if VF since they give you recovery frames off the very end of your evade if you do an empty one.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

The last VF? Well yeah… for America if we don’t buy the damn thing and stick with it.

"GS: Since online is going to be incorporated, is there going to be spectator or tournament functionality?

Sega: Those modes will not be included."

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6330619/virtua-fighter-5-set-for-final-showdown

Can’t believe we are going back to that.

I’m still in disbelief this is actually happening. So excited to dive back into VF for the first time since 3.

Can’t for for Virtua Fighter 6. :lol:

For cereal though. I am hype for this.

Sega, while you’re at it, could you re-release VSHG?

i can’t believe this is happening oh my god oh my god

This is great news, thanks for info and OP Reno!