[VIDEO] USF4 Guide to Adon

I made a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og_OW29gKUo

I’m not great at the game, or even have a lot of experience playing it (less than 500hrs since 2008), but I enjoy games a lot and like to think I have theoretical knowledge that exceeds my playing ability.
Clearly, making a video-guide was the next step, and so I’d like to hereby present it to you.

Would you like some fun trivia facts? I always enjoy reading those. Finishing this guide took: 249GB of recorded video, 7.89GB of recorded audio, 9505 characters making up 1649 words (~4 pages) in the script, ~55-60 man-hours (not counting labwork), 1hour45mins of rendering, 43mins of compressing, 20 minutes of cursing Sony Vegas.
That’s roughly 6.5mins per second of video! Numbers brought to you by my snail-like upload-speed.

I tried covering some stuff that isn’t easily google-able and found out in 2 minutes, while still keeping it basic and hopefully not making (m)any mistakes. Hope you enjoy, all 3 of you here.

P.S.: I didn’t post in the video-thread because this section could use some more activity, and this way I might get some more direct feedback on possible mistakes, pls no moderino.

hi fluffy, this looks pretty solid … not able to hear the audio part at the moment.

But will give some feedback in the next days (moving at the moment and don’t have much time).

Good to see some Adon love … this character does deserve more attention.

You can also hit an ex dp on vega as well. I’d like to add that if you can get an ex dp on cammy you can probably hit decapre with it too.

You’re right about Vega, I’ll put up an annotation, thanks- it’s pretty tight, so I missed it in testing.
Regarding Decapre, the problem is that to make lk.RJ only hit with the second hit, you’d have to add a third c.lp before the c.mp, and then you’re spaced too far for the ex.RJ from my (limited) testing. It’s weird that it’s different from Cammy, but I guess they may have done that on purpose.

I’m pretty sure you can hit the ex.rj midscreen on more chars under very specific circumstances (I’m quite certain I’ve seen someone hit Viper with it once, for example), but I limited the list to the chars that get hit by it from the BnBs shown in the start of the video for simplicity. Thank you for the input, Jon.

Thanks for the Adon guide. What are the two input methods of IAJK mentioned in your video?