Video Game General v8.01D : PC Gaming Golden Age, Big Box (Part 1)

But you know they are going to happen so why not just wait for the update?

I just skip the update lol.

For P3 I straight up didnā€™t realize it worked like that though. For P4G I thought I could deal but I never even got very far into it, so obviously I canā€™t lol

Or skip the update, yea.

And yea makes sense with 3 as thatā€™s when they started their directors cut style content.

LOL okay I think I was completely wrong about being close to the end of TLOU2. And my time was exactly 15:45 cause it shows if you look at the save file.

Then like an hour into tonightā€™s session I think I realized that Iā€™m probably about 1/2 done or a bit more.

So yeah, still got a long ways to go thankfully!

The story telling in this game is unreal.

3 Likes

I finally just read what happened in VGD 7.0 before the auto lock

Volt pulled a Po when he realized no one was going to put up with his dumb ass hot takes about games heā€™s never played or ever will play.

Bye Felicia.

Man, I so need it to be next Wednesday so I can get my copy.

3 Likes

I just hope at this point I can finish the game before I go out of town Sunday. I would hate to not have it wrapped up and think about it while Iā€™m at the beach lol. And no chance Iā€™d bring my PS4 with me because there is just no way I would play this game outside of my current setup.

1 Like

Yea, it was a little weird because no one attacked him or anything. He said a game sucked basically, I said it was a good game, he brought up graphical quality and a couple gameplay elements, I remember something about the gym leaders and I simply countered with I had fun with it and graphics donā€™t mean much to me in the long run and used God Hand, a game with objectively dog shit graphics as an example of a fun game with shitty graphics and he accused me of shutting conversation down. Was so random. Iā€™m literally talking to you lol. Im likeā€¦responding to you how is that shutting convo down?

Funniest part tho was when he said all Pokemon games are fun because the base system is so goodā€¦meaning the game is good lol. Not the best Pokemon sure, but not good? Come on son.

Only thing I said anyway that could be considered an attack was me saying he sounded like a snob. Not that he was a snobā€¦but that he sounded like one.

1 Like

Oh right. You have that beastly projector/theater screen, yeah? godā€¦the environments and all the intricacies of noises must be captivating and fucking nerve wracking

2 Likes

Yes and it is FUCKING FANTASTIC!

The sound in general in this game is incredible. From the creepy ambient noises to the punch that the guns pack. Hell I even love the sound of the glass breaking so I will break any windows or vending machines that are within reach just to hear the glass sound.

Sometimes hearing the clickers from the rear speakers has me spinning like shit in the game to check wtf is behind me.

3 Likes

Nah man. I spend a lot of time fusing personas in my game. I want my Beelzebub and Satan.

Yea I get that.

Iā€™m saying it doesnā€™t carry over. The best you get is all the DLC Persona for free and can summon them at any level. So you can summon a lol 80 something persona for 0 cost you to at the beginning of the game so itā€™s basically like NG+ without being one. Thatā€™s all.

I thought the original was boring too, I dropped it after a few hours because I couldnā€™t get into it. I did the same with Uncharted 4. Pacing doesnā€™t exist in those titles.

In 2 weeks no one will talk about TLOU2 just like with FF7R. The Ghosts of T game will release soon and the AAA hype cycle will begin anew, and two weeks after that no one will talk about that game. No ones replaying most of these titles either, because they usually dont have any replay value or are bloated releases that have too much fluff content and or are longer games than they should be for the experience they offer.

Wtf are you even saying dude? Hype dies down to a certain level around ANY game that isnā€™t designed to be played endlessly. The only people that keep talking about them are hardcore fans. Literally ALL GAMES are like that.

9 Likes

So we should only like, buy, and talk about games people will be talking about for multiple months at a time?

2 Likes

Iā€™m saying there should be value after the initial playthrough. No oneā€™s looking to run through these ā€œmodern classicsā€ againā€¦ever.

That one guy whoā€™s been queefing himself over TLOU2 said itā€™s the best game heā€™s played this generation. He also said he wants to lend the game to Chadouken. Thatā€™s his Game of the Generationā€¦a game he wants to lend out after his first playthrough instead of playing it again, because it has zero value outside of that initial playthrough, just like with a good chunk of bloated AAA releases these days.

That one dude bought Persona 5: Retards again and he said he was puking in his mouth for 75 hours until he got to the point where there was new content. Why? Because thatā€™s 75 hours of bloated bullshit he already went through. Kudos to that guy for going through that pain again.

FF7R has a post game hard mode to play through so already has value past the initial play through. So much for FF7R being on that list.

Iā€™m not sure why Saitsu bought P5R if he didnā€™t think the game was very replayable. I have P5R and have been working through over the last two months and am having a great time with all the new shit big and small. I put 130 hours into the vanilla version and look to be blowing past that by the time Iā€™m done Royal.

Like one guy didnā€™t like him time going through it again so that means its trash for everyone? Really?

And lots of people only play through a game once despite the replay value I have friends who only beat DMC games on normal cuz ā€œWhatā€™s the point?ā€ With the other difficulties. I think thats nuts but its not my game time either.

5 Likes

There IS value after the initial playthrough. Thereā€™s a hard mode in FF7R and thereā€™s a fucking ton of potential for challenge runs. I got 110 hrs out of that game easily. A bunch of other players more hardcore than me have far more time than that.

This isnā€™t a AAA issue, itā€™s a content issue. All games run out of content at some point. Whether thatā€™s the first or second playthrough or whatever. For example, when someone finishes Curse of the Moon, you have like 2 more different ways to experience the same content but it still runs out, and way sooner than 110 hrs. After that itā€™s just challenge stuff. Shit just runs out. Like, it sounds like you simply have an arbitrary amount of time that a game has to meet to be ā€œworth it.ā€

Edit: Hell even TLoU1 had extra hard difficulties for extra challenge that had itā€™s own hardcore fans because of how difficult it was. Youā€™re saying shit that doesnā€™t have any meaning or basis in reality.

4 Likes

That doesnā€™t seem to be the case either because he keeps talking about replay value. Persona 5 has over 100 hours of content but he called it garbage because Saitsu didnā€™t have the best time replaying it. That doesnā€™t mean the game is bad it means the second time through Saitsu had less fun then the first time.

He also keeps saying 7R has no replay value exclusivly meaning heā€™s not counting the first run as value. Strange to me, the hard mode literally changes the way you have to play the game and build teams but I guess thatā€™s not replay value for some reason?

4 Likes

I think he just doesnā€™t like AAA games and wants to complain about them

3 Likes

Just because people arenā€™t talking about them doesnā€™t mean they arenā€™t replaying them.

I play through the original Dragon Quest, the Original Links Awakening and several others games at least once a year. I just replayed the entire uncharted series again earlier this year.

Iā€™ve been playing a lot of indies Iā€™ve bought on my switch too.

Iā€™ve been playing a lot of games lately but I donā€™t talk about them because everyone has been saying what Iā€™ve been feeling. No need to add context that isnā€™t needed.

Before I play TLOU2 Iā€™m going to do another run of Part 1.

1 Like