Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

one prob i have with dead cells is that the devs put the true final boss and true ending only if you beat the game on 5 boss cell mode. which 99% of people will never do.
i beat the game on 4 boss cell and that shit was one of THE hardest things ive done in life.
i dont wanna go through the immense stress of that experience ever again tbh.
they need to rethink that idea of putting true final boss+true ending as a reward for beating 5 boss cell mode.
fuck all that.
hope that gets changed after the alpha.
p.s.
and the true final boss is harrrrrrrrrrrrd cuz he keeps healing himself.

2 Likes

Ha, sheeeeeeit and Iā€™m over here just now getting to Hard mode with the 1 ā€œboss cellā€ thingā€¦ itā€™s hard as hell, man. Iā€™ve been at it for quite some time now and Iā€™ve only survived long enough to get to Time-keeper ONCE! It seems like enemies are more likely to set up combos on you in Hard modeā€¦like one simple green zombie does the jump attack which is fineā€¦but that could be the end of things if you realize too late itā€™s coordinated with the attack of 2 exploding green bugs and a bomb all hitting you at the same time, before you have time to recover from the zombieā€™s hitā€¦itā€™s like this becomes a ā€œdonā€™t get hit at allā€¦ā€ kind of thingā€¦because that 1 hit WILL be the first part of a combo with 2 or 3 other things, and of course the character simply canā€™t take all that damage.

Iā€™m trying to stick with ranged options for all this to keep my distance from enemies in this mode, since everything is like 10x more dangerous nowā€¦it seems a bit easier to handle if my setup now is something like 2 bows, or 1 bow + that fireball skill and 2 turrets.

Dead Cells, folks. Itā€™s serious businessā€¦and absolutely worth all the hype. :ok_hand:

editā€”haha that one green slimy ā€œturretā€ that goes on the ceilingā€¦I love that simply because it looks like youā€™re tossing a giant snot clump up on the ceiling that somehow is able to shoot projectilesā€¦gets a cheap laugh out of me every time.

Finished Old Manā€™s Story on Switch last night, and that game is a big fat ā€œmehā€. Itā€™s a bit touching towards the end but I mean you can pretty much see it coming. The art style is pretty cool but there is like no variation in gameplay or I donā€™t even know if I would call it ā€œgameplayā€ at all. You literally just adjust the height of different planes to solve ā€œpuzzlesā€ which are paths you walk along, and then after you do this a couple times, a new memory shows up, and then you do the next set of puzzles. There are 2 ā€œdifferentā€ ones where you are on a train or truck and you have to raise/lower the ground as you are rolling.

I only paid $5 for this and it lasted like 2 hours or so, but had I never grabbed it and spent 2 hours on it, I think Iā€™d be just fine.

Well nowā€¦guess that rumor I saw yesterday panned out

only 7 minutes huh? :thinking:

Nier GOTY seems pretty disappointing to me. The DLC is small and I could careless about the skins. Did they even improve the framerate and stuff for Steam version? Even if they did, fuck having to buy it again for a better version.

They actually DID do stand alone zombie modes for mobile, two of them actually.

Steam version never got patched. You need to turn to fan mods to fix any problems with the game

Yeah I know. Iā€™m asking if they fixed the issues for the GOTY edition. Sorry it wasnā€™t clear.

There is a report out that Activisionā€™s and EAā€™s CEOs are the highest overpaid in the gaming industryā€¦which isnā€™t surprising.

Clearly there wasnā€™t enough room financially for those people that got laid off /sarcasm

6 Likes

told ya

Yeah the only good thing was how short it was. The lack in variety was irritating. I almost just stopped playing but I wanted to see the rest of the story and knew i only had like 30 minutes left so I just kept going.

1 Like

Did you really just toss mobile at me? Lol

3 Likes

Fuck Mobile, how bout standalone zombie mode for Console or PC?

2 Likes

Extra

4 Likes

Iā€™m just saying they did it.

When they can sell you a whole game you donā€™t want instead? Why would they?

Okay we need more Morrowind in here

The nightmare of having 2 smash games in the main EVO roster is OVAHHHHHā€¦

11 Likes