Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Remastering a gameboy game lol. Damn that has me sold.

1 Like

Has there been any other Summer this stacked? Nintendo got the summer on a vice grip.

Astral Chain, MM2 and Links Awakening has me sold.

Astral Chain looked fucking awesome. Then I saw P* was making it and all my hype died.

Then they made up for it by announcing a remake of my favorite Zelda title ever.

We get it. You donā€™t like P* games. Anyway, my wallet just filed a lawsuit against Nintendo for taking all my money.

4 Likes

Trailers! (mainly posting these so I can for once beat @sonichuman to the punch. Lol.)

4 Likes

Cap Marvel is in MUA3

Yeah Astral Chain is bought day one. That shit looked smooth. By P* too, lmao rip Stu.

4 Likes

As soon as Mario was on the screen at the beginning of the direct I knew it was Maker 2 and I could picture @chadouken doing this:

Which I donā€™t blame him for. As soon as I realized the last trailer was for LINKS MOTHER FUCKING AWAKENING I was the same way.

4 Likes

Astral Chain lookin RAD, like some kind of alternate universe Tiger and Bunny

2 Likes

Everything new I noticed in Super Mario Maker 2:

-Item wheels in the creator menu
-10 coins
-Slopes(!) ā€¦two degrees of incline
-On/Off switches
-Red/Blue blocks to go with the On/Off switches
-Tornado from Mario 3
-Angry Sun
-Tracked block paths (a la some SMW castles)
-Seesaw platforms on tracks
-Red pipes?
-Vertical scroll control on airship levels
-Desert Theme
-Forest Theme
-Snow Theme
-Starlit Night Theme
-Sky Theme? (Could be Airship level with only tracks)
-Rising water(!!!)
-Vertical Levels? (Near the end of the trailer- not enpugh shown to be conclusive)
-SM3DW!!!
-3D level design characteristics with 2D platforming
-Clear pipes
-Big Puff Fish
-Ant Trooper
-Bee
-3D Bell Tree (you can climb up and behind it to get theā€¦
-Cat Suit!
-Climb up vertical walls with cat suit
-Tracked Piranha Plants
-Hat-less Mario (nice!)
-Mega Blocks hit to expand
-3D Chain Chomps

Canā€™t fucking wait!

6 Likes

I love your enthusiasm.

Also, I mentioned this in the Switch thread (more people should go there Btw.) but FE: Three Houses looks really good. Like I usually just buy them out of being a fan of the series and gameplay but Three Houses looks like a brand new approach to Fire Emblem. Itā€™s cinematic, itā€™s epic feeling, the art style is fucking gorgeous. There is so much to like about it.

Iā€™m genuinely excited for this instead of it just being ā€œoh, Fire emblem. I can sink some hours into this, I guessā€

Itā€™d be really cool if we could import our levels from SMM. Donā€™t know if thatā€™s even possible.

Weā€™re gonna need a new thread for this in June.

3 Likes

Manā€¦there was a lot of good shit in that direct. Didnā€™t think weā€™d reach a point of having a tetris battle royale game but here we are. FE 3 houses is looking to be the most complicated game in the series yet. SMM2 looks like they went all in on and then that Linkā€™s Awakening remakeā€¦yeeeeeeesssssss /BW Megatron.

And about 20 seconds into Astral Chains I was like ā€™ Xenoblade? SIN AND PUNISHMENT?! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?ā€™ fuckin caught all of my attention. SURPRISEā€¦Platinum game from out of nowhere with Kamiya working on it. Yes pleaseā€¦Iā€™ll take 2!

And Nintendo needs to stop beating around the bush and just announce that MPT port. Everything that guy predicted came out save for thatā€¦at this point I know theyā€™re just sitting on it.

Edit: also Oninaki looks interesting an Nintendo prob just needs to give the guys making star atlas the reins of starfox

It looks so fucking sick though. I seriously want to play it but I will probably just end up looking at a ā€œmovieā€ cut of the game on YouTube once itā€™s been out a few weeks.

Iā€™m happy people are so enthusiastic about it though. I really am.

Astral Chain, FF IX, Super Mario Maker 2, Links Awakening, DQ 9, All already bought if you ask me.
Bloodstained is a already got as I already contribute on Kickstarter

2 Likes

MARIO FKINā€™ MARKER 2 and MAHVEL-UA3!!!

4 Likes

Here i am like ā€œRemaster Links Awakening? Fucking why?ā€ Then i watch the trailer and its bot a fucking remaster its a god damn remake. Fuckin hate you all lmao.

There wasnā€™t much in the direct that were ā€œmust havesā€ but still a lot of stuff shown Iā€™m super stoked about.

SMM2 is going to be awesome. Iā€™d spend hours watching people play through levels from the first one along with watching videos about peopleā€™s thought process when making levels. I wish I was even remotely as talented or creative to make some of the levels I saw. Alas, Iā€™ll just admire from afar.

Although Iā€™m still disappointed with the shallow pool of playable characters in MUA3 I still plan on getting it.

DLC for Captain Toad is super nice.

New boxboy game is fun. I have the first 3 on 3ds and loved them. This is a welcomed edition.

Yoshiā€™s Crafted world Iā€™ve had preordered since it was announced.

FE: Three Houses Iā€™ve alresdy gushed about.

New amiibo always makes my heart flutter.

Release dates for all the ff titles was cool.

I love all the Switch exclusive stuff they added to DQXI. I donā€™t think itā€™ll make me double dip though.

And of course, Links mother fucking awakening for the switch.

I was about use the Target B2G1 to pick up the PS4 version, glad I didnā€™t. Switch Version looks boss.