Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

I really really don’t believe you.

4 Likes

Cool.

You overestimate how much I pay attention to stuff like gaming studios, who has made what programs/engines, whatever you want to call them like Unreal and things of their ilk. I simply don’t care about that stuff. I had no fucking clue who made fortnite until I googled epic games.

You’d have to be willfully ignorant. They’ve been around for 25+ years.

2 Likes

True but to be fair if you weren’t into PC games or Gears of War it is easy until recently to not know who Epic Games are.

The average console gamer is not likely to have heard of Unreal unless they stumbled across one of the few console ports. The Unreal engine which was born of that franchise until recent years was more of a PC thing . And if you weren’t paying attention to Gears of War you wouldn’t know them either. Fortnite is truly the biggest crossover game that has just their title on it.

Unreal engine was in so, SO many fucking games on console starting from the previous generation

1 Like

That doesn’t mean I know who made it. Because until last night I honestly couldn’t have told you.

If you want to call it that, sure? something that may be obvious to you may not be obvious to others.

If you played games that weren’t Jap shit last gen…nearly every game had an “Unreal Engine” splash screen.

2 Likes

Oddly racist way of putting your argument but okay. Also just because a game says it’s made in unreal engine I’m automatically supposed to know who made unreal engine? Word? I get that it was probably said it was made by Epic in the small print but who the fuck pays attention to that?

I’m with @Stuart_Hayden on this because I’m the same. I don’t read splash screens and shit, I mash buttons to pass them. Sure I’ve heard of Unreal Engine and know who Epic Games are, but a lot of that has to do with Gears of War (as was mentioned). I don’t think I knew who they were before.

I can’t even comprehend how many hours I probably put into SF4 and how many times I loaded that game up, and I know they had some engine splash screen, but I couldn’t even tell you what the engine is at this point. I probably saw that screen thousands of times too.

And I just assume that the Unreal engine was developed by the same people who made Unreal Tournament back in the day. I always just assumed the engine evolved from that game. Whether that is true or not, I have no clue.

This whole argument reminds me a bit of people who know movie directors. My brother will ask me if I’ve seen a new trailer for some movie and then be like ‘its directed by Blah Blah’ as if that means anything to me. I know some names of directors but I can’t tell you many movies they have directed. I don’t really care either, even though the directors name is in big letters during the opening credits. I watch movies to be entertained regardless who directed them.

Although, funnily enough, Uwe Bowle is probably one of the directors I know the best, and it’s not for a good reason. It’s to stay far away. Now that I’m thinking about it, I also know M. Knight Shamalayadingdong for the same reason - to stay clear from anything he touches. So maybe I do know some directors, but only the bad ones.

1 Like

No seriously fuck them.
They knew what they were getting into.
They want beth to change, stop buying their shit.

People want to complaint hat beth made 2 million different renditions of Skyrim, then stop buying skyrim.
Tod Howard himself said they only keep on making Skyrim as people keep on buying it.
And Fallout Fans keep on wanting to bitch how Fallout 1,2 and NV was the best and Beth had no idea what they are doing, yet they bought right into the hype of Fallout 76, which is not as say bad as Brotherhood or tactics.

So seriously fuck the people who complain about a cheap bag and then got so offended they wanted to Sue.

1 Like

I just hope I don’t have to open up 2 clients in the future. Just want to keep my games under one.

Well you are wrong and that isn’t an opinion. Legally I can’t offer you something, take your money, and then send you something else. That’s bait and switch. Not sure how you are not getting that but whatever. I don’t even like Bugthesda. I do like people getting they agree to pay for though. That has nothing to do with the fact that I wouldn’t take Fallout 76 if it were given to me for free.

2 Likes

NieR: Automata has surpassed 3.5 million total shipments and digital sales since its release in early 2017.

4 Likes

As I said again they can get fucked.
I am not disputing the legality of the issue, I know bait and switch is illegal.
I saying they can get fucked as they created their own scenario.
The people who got the special edition made their own bed, let them lie in it.

:coffee:

I’ll just agree to disagree. Bugthesda isn’t worth the time.

In other news, Samurai Shodown will hit Switch and PC (PS4 and XBOne as well) in 2019 and King of Fighters XV is slated for a 2020 release.

P.S. Hopefully their base rosters and mechanics won’t suck…

1 Like

you will think that anyway so no need to wait to brag about it… :coffee:

5 Likes

The fact you go to event hubs explains a lot about you. I’ve learned something today.

1 Like

What in the hell is going on with Starbreeze?