Vice's Drag Throw

Hi all,

I’ve got a few questions for all y’alls since I’m having trouble landing the follow up air throw in general. My apologies for bugging you with what should be basic stuff that can be easily verified on the console, but since I don’t have a console… well, you get the picture.

So yeah, my first question: each version of the drag throw drags a certain distance horizontally and causes Vice to toss the opponent up in the air a preset distance vertically. Do I have to do the dp+p follow up using the same button that I used to throw the guy in the first place? (i.e., follow up jab throw with dp+jab, fierce with dp+fierce, etc).

And what sort of timing should I be aiming for? Should her arm be vertical and the person already flying? How long should I be seeing her end pose (back turned, one arm up in the air) before I cancel into the dp follow up throw?

Also, I can never land the follow up when I’m in the corner, something about throwing vertically into the wall is messing up the timing since you’re supposed to fly in at an angle and then slam them to the ground. I’m beginning to think this a lost cause, so I’ve started to only do RC Nail Bombs in the corner, and only doing the drag throw when I’m midscreen.

Thanks for your help.

Isn’t the follow-up dp+K?

You mean the long arm air snatch? I’ve never tried that one personally when I’m going for the HCB, F+punch throw. I always go for the other one, where she jumps up in the air at a 45 degree angle, grabs you out of the air and slams you to the ground, a la Zangief’s qcfx2 + kick super. More damage.

That follow up air throw can only be done after the first throw. I can’t get it to connect for the life of me. She goes up, and she misses.

try doing the throw from further away from the corner.

Vice is hard to fight if she corners you, that is the main reason for that throw IMO. It instantly puts your opponent in the corner.

Yea, rc roundhouse kicks! Those things do more chip damage than hit damage :wtf:

Ok, the drag throw.

Once she grabs, what I like to do in order to get 100% timing is immediatly upon grab…start doint the motion along with the same button. So while she is draggin him…just keep doing QCF + any punch that you used. I like this method so I cant blame timing…:wink:

Next up…shoulder rush:

The higher up then are the longer you have to snatch…so thing of this, if you do a shoulder rush with FP you can follow up with any kick button snatch…typically I like using FK instead of RH because it make her look like she is timing your fall [crowd pleaser] :lol: Other rushes I uses are the RC MP as an anti air then LK as the snatch. Just get your timing together and you have it

Vice being cornered is scary…LK flash kicks…cr FP…any air snatch are an oppenents nightmare…specifically those blankas [mu hahahahahahaha :evil: ] but if you have a combonation stratagy its gonna be fun being in the corner regardless…**

for the drag throw, u can only follow up with the towards dp + any punch.
when to start inputting?
the best time is about just b4 she’s about the lift the poor fella from the ground… your punch input should be right when she extends her arm. works everywhere and everytime for me =)