Venom Evolved Tutorial (Venom Tutorial for Casual and Competitive Play)

Foreword

First off, this tutorial was supposed to be completely in Video format, but all of the clips I had recorded were lost when I got some retarded virus. So I will use the clips I have salvaged from my thumb drive and you tube and I will finish writing the tutorial. It won?t be as good as I wanted it to be, but I still feel that I need to complete this, with that being said I will start covering how to play Venom, both casually, and somewhat competitively.

I will continue to edit this post even after it is done, so if you have any combos or suggestions let me know and I will add it to the tutorial.

I have also included my salvaged video clips to show you a visualization of what I am talking about. Please watch the videos then read the text for best results. Enjoy.

Venom Evolved Tutorial

Index:

**The Basics **- Combos and Other Helpful Information.
**Teams **-Teams That Help Venom Out in Different Matches
Throws - How to Use Venom?s Throws effectively
**Traps **? Mini Traps that Venom can use to Build Meter and Keep Pressure
DHC Combos ? Combos that Involve DHC?ing
**Assist Killing **? Various ways to kill an assist with Venom
Guard Breaks ? How to do Guard Breaks with Venom (Solo and With an Assist)
**Traps into Guard Breaks **? Going from Traps, Into Throws, Into Guard Breaks
Infinite ? Venom?s Infinite against Sentinel
**Matches **? Here I will continue to post matches with Venom

New
Combo Video? New Combo Video Showing Some Flashy Combos and Mixups.
New Venom Clip?New Video That has A clip of how to combine all of The Techniques in This Tutorial.

Part 1: The Basics
[media=youtube]qeMOzQ9_QAw"[/media]

Watch this video to learn all of the basics of Venom.

Basic Combo:

1. S. Light Punch, S. Medium Punch S. Light Punch, S. Medium Punch, [Launch], Sj. Light Punch, Sj. Light Kick, Sj. Medium Punch, Sj. Medium Kick., Then end with (Venom Fang, or Heavy Kick, or Heavy Punch)

Corner Combos:

1. J. Heavy Punch, S. Light Punch, S. Medium Punch,[ Launch] ], Sj. Light Punch, Sj. Light Kick, Sj. Medium Punch, Sj. Medium Kick., (Pause) Sj. Heavy Kick, Wait for them to fall and catch them with, (J. Light kick, J. Heavy Kick)

2. Throw (Heavy Punch), S. Light Punch, S. Medium Punch, [Launch], Sj. Light Punch, Sj. Light Kick, Sj. Medium Punch, Sj. Medium Kick., (Pause) Sj. Heavy Kick, OTG, J. Light Kick, S. Heavy Kick

Combos Into Hyper Combos (Solo):

1. S. Light Kick, S. Medium Kick, xxx Death Bite
    (Make sure you don’t cancel the Medium kick too soon)

Combos Into Hyper Combos (With Assist):

1. S. Light Kick + IronMan Projectile Assist, S. Medium Kick, xxx Venom Web
  2. S. Light Kick + WarMachine Anti-Air Assist, S. Medium Kick, xxx Death Bite
  3. Sentinel Ground Assist, Throw (Heavy Kick), xxx Venom Web
  4. S. Light Kick + WarMachine Anti-Air Assist, S. Medium Kick, xxx Venom Web

Part 2: Teams

Good teams that involve Venom include??.

Venom, Ironman Doom
Venom, Storm, Sentinel
Venom, Storm, Doom
Cable, Venom, Sentinel
Venom, Sentinel, Blackheart
Spiral, Sentinel Venom,
Venom, Cable, Juggernaut
Rogue, Venom, Tron
Venom, Ryu, Hayato
Spiderman, Venom, Warmachine

Venom greatly benefits from Doom?s Rocks and Sentinel?s Drones.
With these assist he can rush down the opponent and do decent chip.

Venom works well with expansion assists to keep his combos going, and also goes well with Warmachine?s anti-air assist.

Venom?s best assist is his Expansion assist. This can be used to put pressure on an opponent or to keep them from getting in.

Part 3: Throws
[media=youtube]rz_7qXI68m0"[/media]

Watch this video to learn about how to use Venoms throws to your advantage.

Combos off of Throws:

1. Throw (Heavy Punch), S. Light Kick, S. Medium Kick, xxx Venom Fang

2. Throw (Heavy Punch), S. Light Punch, S. Medium Punch, [Launch], Sj. Light Punch, Sj. Light Kick, Sj. Medium Punch, Sj. Medium Kick., Then end with (Venom Fang, or Heavy Kick, or Heavy Punch)

3. Throw (Heavy Punch), S. Light kick + Assist, S. Medium Kick, xxx (Venom Web or Death Bite)

4. Throw (Heavy Punch), S. Light kick, S. Medium Kick, xxx Death Bite
    (Make sure you don’t cancel too soon)

5. Throw (Heavy Punch), S. Heavy Kick, xxx Web Swing

6.Throw (Heavy Kick), Launch (Down Forward Heavy Punch, Sj. Light Punch, Sj. Light Kick, Sj. Medium Punch, Sj. Medium Kick., Venom Fang

1. Sentinel Ground Assist, Throw (Heavy Kick), xxx Venom Web

8.Throw (Heavy Kick), Launch (Down Forward Heavy Punch), Sj. Light Punch, Sj. Light Kick, Sj. Medium Punch, Sj. Medium Kick., (Pause) Sj. Heavy Kick, Wait for them to fall and catch them with, (J. Light kick, J. Heavy Kick)
Part 4: Traps**
[media=youtube]awzh92rnshI"[/media]

Watch this video to learn about how to use Venoms traps.

Corner Traps:

1. S. Light Kick + Doom Anti-Air Assist, S. Medium Kick, Venom Fang (Light Punch), J. Light Kick, J. Light Punch, S. Light Punch, Venom Fang (Light Punch)

2. S. Light Kick + Sentinel Ground Assist, S. Medium Kick, S. Light Kick, S.
    Medium Kick

3. S. Light Kick + Spiral Assist, S. Medium Kick, Venom Fang, Throw

4. S. Light Kick + Black Heart Anti-Air Assist, S. Medium Kick, Venom Fang, Throw

5. S. Light Kick + Doom Anti-Air Assist, S. Medium Kick, Venom Fang (Light Punch) S. Light Kick, S. Medium Kick, Venom Fang (Heavy Punch) Throw (Heavy Punch), (Pause), [Repeat Trap]

Part 5: DHC Combos

Venom, IronMan, Doom:

S. Light Kick + IronMan Projectile Assist, S. Medium Kick, xxx Venom Web xxx Proton Cannon xxx Photon Array, OTG, c. Light Kick, c. Heavy Punch, [Launch] SJ. Light Kick, SJ. Medium Kick, xxx Photon Array

Part 6: Assist Killing
[media=youtube]XBcxo8LKSFQ"[/media]

Watch this video to learn about how to kill assists with Venom.

The Point of your assist is to catch the opponent?s assist so Venom has time to juggle

1. S. Light Kick + Doom Anti-Air Assist, S. Medium Kick, Snap Back,
    Juggle with Launcher (Down Forward Heavy Punch)

2. S. Light Kick + Sentinel Ground Assist Assist, S. Medium Kick, Snap Back,
    Juggle with Launcher (Down Forward Heavy Punch)

Part 7: Guard Breaks**
[media=youtube]rDd8MuC1c54"[/media]

Watch this video to learn about how to do Guard Breaks with Venom.

Corner Guard Breaks:

1. Call Doom Anti-Air Assist, J. Heavy Kick, [Land] Venom Web

2. J. Heavy Kick, [Land], Launch (Down Forward Heavy Punch), Sj. Light Punch, Sj. Light Kick, Sj. Medium Punch, Sj. Medium Kick., Then end with (Venom Fang, or Heavy Kick, or Heavy Punch)

3. J. Heavy Kick + Spiral Assist, [Land] Venom

Any Position Guard Breaks:

1. J. Heavy Kick + Ironman Projectile Assist, [Land] Venom Web

2. J. Light Punch, [Land], Launch (Down Forward Heavy Punch), Sj. Light Punch, Sj. Light Kick, Sj. Medium Punch, Sj. Medium Kick., Venom Fang

Part 8: Traps into Guard Breaks/Combos

Intro:
S. Light Kick + Doom Anti-Air Assist, S. Medium Kick, Venom Fang (Light Punch) S. Light Kick, S. Medium Kick, Venom Fang (Heavy Punch) Throw (Heavy Punch),

After you Use Venom?s throw you can pause and restart The Trap or you can snap them back into a Guard Break. If you think they will Tech Hit the second Throw, then just skip the middle step.

Middle:
If you want to trap them a second time, Pause after you Grab them with the throw and then start the Trap??..

S. Light Kick + Doom Anti-Air Assist, S. Medium Kick, Venom Fang (Light Punch) S. Light Kick, S. Medium Kick, Venom Fang (Heavy Punch) Throw (Heavy Punch

End:
Then you can Snap back into a Guard Break or Corner Combo Then…

Guard Break - J. Heavy Kick + Ironman Projectile Assist, [Land] Venom Web
Or
Corner Combo - S. Light Punch, S. Medium Punch, [Launch], Sj. Light Punch, Sj. Light Kick, Sj. Medium Punch, Sj. Medium Kick., Then end with (Venom Fang, or Heavy Kick, or Heavy Punch)

Part 9: Infinite**
[media=youtube]dqxTVpX_Zm8"[/media]

Venom infinite starts at 5:00

Infinite works on a standing Sentinel Only

Intro:
-Dash Hk.(2 Hits)XX by sj. / \ AD foward…
Ender:
-Lp., Lk., Mk. \ / landed REPEAT

Credit for the Infinite goes to Joo and the rest of the amazing players who made the Meikyousisui Videos

Part 10: Matches

[media=youtube]EnBXGmETyOA"[/media]
Here’s another example video, Not alot of Venom, but there is a lot Good stuff in it and it’s a pretty damaging team.

[media=youtube]aaKMgm83iNY"[/media]
Some really good Venom footage.

Part 11: Combo Video

[media=youtube]rzGDqNzoEKs"[/media]
New Combo Video Showing Some Flashy Combos and Mixups.

Part 12: Clips

[media=youtube]9_0MS5Tw2_M"[/media]
In The Middle Of This Video Is A clip Showing How You can combine all of the techniques Ived been talking about.
Venom Starts By Rushingdown by superjumpcanceling his webswing and then he goes into a corner combo.
He then Whiffs His Second Heavy Kick to reset the combo by grabbing the opponent and then snap him back. When the new charcter comes in
Venom Guardbreaks into “VenomWeb” and Then DHC’s into Proton Cannon, and Then Into Doom’s
Pink Shit. Doom Then Dashes In and Off The Grounds The Opponent into an air combo followed by
some more of Doom’s Pink Shit. Enjoy.

If you see any errors please let me know so I can fix it,
also please let me know if you have anything I should add to the Tutorial.
:woot:

God shit i just randomly saw it on youtube

Same here. Nice guide. Will look at the videos when I have more time. I like the corner air combos and Sentinal Assist/Throw combos a lot though.

omg imma have to get somebody to sticky this shit man…

God like shit. I guess Im hitting the lab for some low-tier work.

Thx Dude, glad you like it.

thanks for the guides. Love to use Venom as lead, Cpt America and Cable

Venom leads my squad as well…good tips and vids.

same here. AntiJosh nice Venom I team him Doom (AA) and Sabertooth (EXP) assist. When Saber assists comes out and someone jumps over I usually catch them with the fierce web throw.

That’s Sick I like doing that with Anti-Air assists cause they launch the character perfectly in the air for venom to catch him.

my problems are with MSP teams. Should I use Doom assist as a counter to Magneto?

awesome man, i love venom. everybody laughs when i pick him, but he’s the character i stuck w/ the longest. he’s no MSS but he has PLENTY of potential, good stuff bro.

That’s What I do, Just use Doom’s rocks every chance you have an opening. It covers Venom From most of his normal punishable moves.

Ya had some good matches on PSN as of late and learned some good stuff. Been trying Doom and Cyke as assists and do quit well against MSP. Jumping jab is also a viable too against those that air dash as well when Doom’s Rocks are out. Tiger knee venom fang is good as well against those that have Sent Drones as an assist.

Good stuff, man. Here are a few venom tricks that I found a while back. Some may be stuff you’ve posted already.

Venom exansion-Sentinel ground-Tron projectile

Venom Corner Mix-Up Setup:

FK throw, walk forward, s.lk (juggle), hold forward.

-Venom switches sides with the opponent and is now in the corner.

Corner Mix-Up with Assist:

1. FK throw, walk forward, call tron proj + s.lk(juggle), hold forward (cross-up) xx venom web.

note: The cross-up sandwhiches the opponent between venom and tron. Its a nice mix-up because there are two ways to get your opponent to block the wrong way. (a) the cross-up itself (b) when you do the venom web, venom jumps out of the corner, forcing the opponent to turn around and possibly block the wrong way. They?ll eat tron’s rings and the venom web will link. And finally, if its blocked, its safe.

1. FK throw, walk forward, s.lk(juggle), hold forward (cross-up), call tron proj xx venom web.

note: Its very similar to the combo above, except the opponent isnt sandwiched. The venom web still forces the opponent to turn around and potentially block the wrong way. Also, its a nice mix-up between the two combos. Again, its safe if it is blocked.

1. FK throw, walk forward, call sentinel ground, s.lk(juggle), hold forward (cross-up), s.lk [hit confirm], s.lk xx Death bite.

Possible for drones to interrupt the super

note: I like tron mix-ups a bit more, but this is ok. If you see the crossed-up s.lks hit, do the super. If not, then let the drones hit from behind-usually blocked-and go from there. If the super is interrupted, I like to go for a tick FK throw back into the corner.

1. FK throw, walk forward, s.lk(juggle), hold forward (cross-up), s.lk [hit confirm], s.lp + sent ground xx FP venom fang, sents drones hit from behind > follow up of your choice.

note: So, its a pretty weak crossup and can be seen coming a mile away, but it works sometimes. The good news is that if its blocked, its safe. Also, if the crossed-up s.lks are blocked, call in sent and do a FP venom fang. This is another chance at a cross-up and again, its safe if it is blocked. The launch/blocked FP venom fang cross-up also works mid-screen.

Corner follow-ups after a FK throw

oc.FP, sj.fk, delay sj.fk, land, j.lk, j.fk.
oc.FP, sj.fk, delay sj.fk, land, j.lk, j.fk, land, j. FP throw
oc.FP, sj.fk, delay sj.fk, land, j.lk, j.fk, land, call in sent ground, j. FP throw into assist, dash, oc.FP > whatever
oc.FP, sj.fk, delay sj.fp (1 hit), land, j. FP throw
oc.FP, sj.fk, delay sj.fp (1 hit), land, call in sent ground, j. FP throw into assist, dash, oc.FP > whatever
oc.FP, sj.fk, delay sj.fp (1 hit), land, slight pause, FK throw, oc.FP > whatever
oc.FP, sj.fk, delay sj.fp (1 hit), land, slight pause, call tron proj, FP throw into rings, oc.FP > whatever
oc.FP, sj.fk, delay sj.fp (1 hit), land, slight pause, FK throw > corner mix-up
oc.FP, call in sent ground, sj.lp, pause, sj.fp into assist, hold forward, FP throw before you land
oc.FP, call in sent ground, sj.(forward) lp, pause, sj.fp into assist, land opposite side of opponent, oc.FP, sj.lp, lk, lp, lk, fp.
oc.FP, sj.fk, delay sj.fp (1 hit), land, pause, call sent ground, FP throw, assist hits, venom web, c.lk(otg), s.lp, pause, call in sent ground, j.FP throw into assist, oc.FP > whatever.
Note: With the sj.FP. If it does 1 hit, it acts like a light attack during an active flying screen. 2 hits will cause the flying screen/keep it active.

Interesting mid-screen mix-up and other stuff

[Sentinel] s.lk, s.lk xx lp RP xx HSF, fp RP xx HSF, DHC venom web (before the drones hits), Drones interrupt super [venom stops attack and drops, while opponent stays in mid air for a split second] land, call tron proj, walk under opponent (cross-up) > whatever.
FP throw, DHC (opponent blocks)?This is TK HVB safe!

End all midscreen are combos with sj.FP…
-Launch, sj.lp, lk, lp, lk, FP-

Venom will land next to the opponent and this opens up a lot of nice mix up options such as:

-land, jump u/b xx dash xx FP = this is a nice, quick overhead.
-land, call in tron, jump xx dash over the opponent
-land, call in tron, jump xx dash over the opponent, as soon as you see the opponent face the other way XX into a lp vemom fang.

note: what happens is venom will do the venom fang in the opposite direction, so if they anticipate the jump xx dash cross, do this to keep them guessing even more.

Great stuff, Thanks for the additions. Alot of Mixups in there that Ived never even thought about.

Great thread.

link to video?