Vemon combos...

I’ve been playing for fun again, and I want to know if anybody knows any useful combos or setups with vemon. I’m using a venom/doom/other team, and it seems to be a thorn in the metallic foot of sent. I’m looking for more than launch magic series venom dive or whatever it’s called. Perhaps something to set up a super. Without the super i’m just building meter.

eh posting your ‘other’ might help since Venom relies on assists for combos, he doesn’t have much of his own …

so anyway i’ve been experimenting with Venom-exp/Dhalsim-ground/Sent-ground or proj, this is what i have -

anywhere -

j.hk, land, s.lp, s.mk XX Death Bite

j.hk, land, s.lp, s.mp, sj., sj.[lp, lk, mp, pause, lk, mk, hk]

j.hk, land, s.lp + Dhalsim-ground, Sent-ground or proj, s.mk XX Death Bite

j.hk + Sent-ground, land, s.lp, s.mk XX Venom Web

j.hk, land, s.lp + Dhalsim-ground or Sent-proj, s.mk XX Venom Web

corner -

j.hk, land, s.lp, s.mp, sj., sj.[lp, lk, mp, mk, hk], land, j.[lk, pause, hk], land, walk-up, hk throw, oc.hp, sj., sj.[lp, lk, mp, mk, hk], land, j.[lk, pause, hk], land, walk-up, hp throw, s.lp + Dhalsim-ground or Sent-proj, s.mk XX Venom Web

should do 100%, but the throws are escapable and techable of course …

um … lk Venom Rush XX Venom Web connects if you cancel really really fast, not that it’s useful … corner hk throw gives you a free launch using oc.hp (you can’t OTG into launch for some reason)

eh that’s about it … it’s hard to find combos for anyone using Doom-AAA

Venom w/Doom is rather combo-unfriendly. Of course, that’s OK when you’re doing ~10-20% chip damage every time the opponent blockes a couple blocked C.Jabs combined with a Doom call.

I like to use Ruby Heart in my third slot- her assist is perfect for zoning with Venom and gives him a number of combos, both off of it, and for extending current ones. A favorite is a meager C.Jab, S.Rounhouse, Sublimination hits, Fierce Web Throw (Ruby’s assist has some starting lag, so call her early) Does some heafty damage. Also easy to mix into Venom’s pressure/chupping game, since Ruby Heart is a good lock-down assist in her own right.

But basically, most of your damage will be coming off chip. Although, I’ll give a little secret- Venom’s awesome at stalling assists. He’s one of the best characters to keep the opponent busy while still slapping around their assist for a while to keep them from resolving- the Venom Fang and jumping Rh both knock upwards a good amount, and when combined with a good assist, will keep the opponent locked down- it takes a lot of work at mid-screen, but in the corner, it’s not hard to keep the opponent’s assist juggling around, and slow down, cripple, and possibly remove the AAA threat that can give Venom pause. (It’s also another reason I like Ruby for Venom.)

Combined with Venom’s godly snapback, Venom is one of the best character for dealing with assists… even if the guys on point can cause him more then a little trouble.

newbie trick.

FP throw (where he webs em up). RKxxDeath Bite. MASH. Hella good damage.

My team is Commando, Ironman, and Venom.
Does any one know some good traps or combos? Some I have already discovered are: Commando (as main character) does a light kick, fierce captain corridor,venom assist(venom fang) xx Captain Sword. This combo does even more damage if you corner yourself and it’s great if you for getting the opposing assist off your back.
Another one:Venom (main fighter)
lk,call Commado (anti-air),Venom Web. You have to do the web quickly since Commando might laucnh them away from your reach. Does about 25% damage
Also: Commado (main fighter)
lk, lp,(call Ironman-projectile) fierce corridor xx Captain Storm, otg, lk,lp, fierce cap. corridor xx captain sword (let go till it almost tpuches the ground) xx Venom Web (12 hits) xx Proton Cannon. Does a sh**load of damage & hits.
My other team is Doom, Venom, Ironman.
I usually get this combo in on all my opponents:
(Ironman) lk, Doom anti-air, lk again, the rocks launches them upward so you can make them crash into your proton cannon. The second kick usually gets them since they don’t expect it and they can not roll if they rocks hit them since they are about a millimeter off the ground. Does about 45-50 hits if timed correctly

Vemon sucks in MvC2.

Venom, however, is another story…

Venoms standing and crouching MK’s are super jump cancelable(really hard to do though). this gives him some mixup patterns. In the corner,if you manage to launch them, I like to do this: SJ lk, hk, on the way down lp them right before they hit the ground so they land on their feet, land and do one of the following
1.- hk throw into down forward hp(launcher), follow up and repeat the setup.
2.- cr. lk, s. mp. follow up and repeat the setup if it connects, if not cancel into Venom fang.
3.- sj airdash lk, mk, land cr. lk, s. mp or land cr. lk, cr. mk sj cancel airdash lk, mk, land cr. lk, s. mp follow up and repeat the setup.

This is somewhat similar to what wassup mentioned.

Also I to like play Venom/Doom/Psylocke. Use doom for pressure and chipping, use Psy for combos and for getting out of tight spots. Psy into death bite is good damage and gets your opponent closer to the corner.

Nice avatar, man. :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed the medium kicks can only be canceled if they aren’t blocked.

Venom vs Sentinel lockdown!

jumping lk, pause, jumping lk, Doom rocks, jumping lk and repeat.

The double action glitch really helps here. If the Sentinel push blocks it,just do a Venom Fang to get closer. :wink:

What’s up everyone, first off, Happy New Year. Does anyone by chance know the exact way to do the Venom on Sentinel infinite that starts off with Venom doing a standing combo, sjc-ing it, air dashing and comming down with some moves? I have been playing around with it, but I can’t seem to make any 2 hit combo connect that ends in s.hk, but even with sjc-ing the s.hk, I can’t seem to ever time the dash correctly…I have even tried pushing back after dashing cutting off the frames of the dash, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated…thanks for the help and much luv!

M N N