Vega's claw's health

Hey guys, so I’ve been getting some mixed information on how long our claw lasts, and was wondering if anyone figured out the real deal on it yet! So I know, claw gets knocked off when you get hit enough, can happen during blocking or chip, ect. Does anyone know how it’s calculated? Do we have like a compendium on claw health yet?

Furthermore, I heard a rumour on a tournament stream that the claw get health back when you switch to hands-on mode. Any truth to that?

Thanks for your time folks!

Bumping. I would like to know this as well.

I’ll put in the work on it tomorrow or the next day.

No way to look through engine files?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5YmaGqCjG0

Wow… The amount of effort and detail they put into nerfing Vega is kind of hilarious.

Right? I know a lot of character can feel cheap when getting hit out of something, but I swear Capcom hates Vega now.

Why is it so complicated? I wish we had a claw meter, but at least we have a vague idea of where the health is at depending on our healthy. Kind of. Unless we blocked a lot, then we don’t have a clue.

I don’t like this idea because if there’s a visual indicator it will change how people play. it will make them pressure vega a lot more. unless only the vega can see it?

Yeah it would suck but we also have to play the guessing game by not seeing it. I don’t think it’s such a big deal, after all we can see our opponent’s dizzy meter and their super and vskill meter as well. It would be better if we could see the claw health and adapt appropriately as our opponent adapts rather than play a guessing game of when we have it or not. With how complicated it is, there is no way for us to really guess since we’ll be blocking, taking hits from light, medium, and heavy attacks, and so on. Bad enough we have to think about frame traps on the fly but claw health too?

Or they could let us pick it up again, old school style.

I finally played offline with someone and they got all excited they knocked Vegas claw off. I heard “Yeah, you got no claw. Now what?”

To which I replied, you just unleashed a beast. Then bodied him. LOL.

Old post I did a long time ago.

Claw has apparently about 800 ish health and 520ish “grey” health. If you take half real damage half grey damage your claw falls off as in the last example. Chip damage counts as real damage, cause well, it is. Below are examples of what it took for claw to come off.

-9 ASE (900 damage)
-6 EX ASE (900 damage)
-9 CT (900 damage)
-9 j.rh (810 damage)
-14 s.mp (840 damage)
-27 c.lp (810 damage)
-3 Critical Arts (990 damage)
-s.fp xx EX FBA, Izuna drop x3, s.fp (claw comes off 812 damage)
-s.fp xx SC, s.fp xx SC x19 blocked (532 grey health damage)
-s.mp x 54 blocked (527 grey health damage)
-EX ASE blocked x22 (836 chip damage)

Hybrid damage example:

27 s.mp blocked (270 grey health) 4 ASE (400 damage)

The mask is slightly more durable.