Vega frame data from the Prima SFV guide

Hope this proves useful, to be honest it’s probably partially incorrect at this point, but it seems on point… for now.

Struck data has been corrected by the community; The guide probably shipped before the final changes were made to the game.

Startup | Active | Recovery | On Hit | On Guard

Claw Stance
S.LP - 5 | 2 | 9 | 5 | 1
S.MP - 8 | 2 | 14 | 6 | 1
S.HP - 8 | 2 | 21 | 5 | -3 -2 * – (Follow up is -10)*
C.LP - 4 | 2 | 7 | 5 | 2
C.MP - 6 | 2 | 15 | 3 | 0
C.HP - 9 | 2 | 19 | -2 | -5
J.LP - 4 | 5 | - | - | -
J.MP - 5 | 5 | - | - | -
J.HP - 7 | 4 | - | - | -
F.HP - 13 | 4 | 2- | -3 | -14 – (+12 on Crush Counter)

Clawless Stance
S.LP - 3 | 2 | 6 | 5 | 3
S.MP - 6 | 3 | 13 | 3 | 1 – (Follow up is -3)
S.HP - 9 | 2 | 21 | 4 | -1
C.LP - 4 | 2 | 7 | 4 | 2
C.MP - 5 | 3 | 12 | 4 | 2
C.HP - 9 | 4 | 15 | 0 | -2
J.LP - 3 | 5 | - | - | -
J.MP - 4 | 5 | - | - | -
J.HP - 7 | 4 | - | - | -

Kicks
S.LK - 3 | 2 | 9 | 4 | 2
S.MK - 7 | 3 | 12 | 4 | 2
S.HK - 11 | 3 | 17 | 4 | -1 – (+18 on Crush Counter)
C.LK - 4 | 2 | 9 | 4 | 0
C.MK - 7 | 2 | 16 | 6 | 2
C.HK - 9 | 9 | 15 | KD | -13 – (-5 when spaced at the very tip.)
J.LK - 4 | 6 | - | - | -
J.MK - 5 | 7 | - | - | -
J.HK - 9 | 5 | - | - | -
F.MK - 22 | 3 | 13 | 0 | -4

Matador Turn - - | - | 36| - | - – (Frames 7-32 upper body strike invincible; frames 7-36 projectile invincible)
Matador Turn Attack - 22 | 2 | 31 | KD | -13 – (Frames 6-19 upper body and projectile invincible)
Bloody Kiss - 10 | - | - | KD | -2/-2/-23 – (Simplified this data. The rose throw is 10 frames, the on block data is for standing/air/anti-air)

Crimson Terror
LK - 8 | 2/5 | 10 | 0 | -6
MK - 17 | 2/2/5 | 12 | 2 | -7
HK - 19 | 4/3/3/5 | 14 | KD | -8
EX - 16 | 5/3/3/3/5 | 10 | KD | -2 – (Frames 1-84 are projectile invincible)

Aurora Spin Edge
LP - 12 | 6 | 20 | KD | -7
MP - 15 | 6 | 18 | KD | -6
HP - 12 | 7 | 15 | KD | -4
EX - 12 | 7/4 | 21 | KD | -3 – (Entire duration is throw invincible; first hit counts as a projectile)

Other data of note:

• All versions of Grand Izuna Drop start in 6 frames and take 44 frames to recover.
  • EX Flying Barcelona Attack and Bloody Rain both start in 9 frames.
  • Non EX FBA swipes start up in 3 frames; EX FBA Swipes start up in 9 frames; Izuna Drop always starts up in 4 frames.
  • FBA swipes are active for 6 frames; EX FBA swipes are active “until landing.”
  • Backflips last either 31 or 41 frames depending on version. Each one only has ONE frame of vulnerability at the very end.
  • Vega walks forward at 5.5 pixels per frame; walks backwards at 4.5 pixels per frame. Vega has the fastest walk speed in the game.
  • His forward dash lasts 17 frames, his back dash lasts 21 frames.
  • Vega’s jump lasts 39 frames.

[Vega hit boxes courtesy of SRK user Overheat76:](Vega Hit Box Video

Hmmm. I thought c.MP was +2 on block, not -2. Shame. Looks like ASE is much worse than I thought too, but it pushes you out far enough to be safe.

I’m wondering, at -2, do you think you could still mash c.LP or c.MP and get away with it?

Actually, you’re right. I was looking at the number just below it in the guide. Editing now! Thanks!

As for ASE, yeah it pushes you far enough out to not really worry about being punished by a lot of things. Beware of fast CAs, though.

is there like a frame data for dummies course or something? I understand what it means but what do I do with this data? Like how to I apply this to opponents? will it change depending on who I play? somebody show me how to use this please thanks

@aizen5 you use it to know the properties of your moves. For example, if you hit them with a move that is -3 on block, that means they are able to punish you with a jab. If you hit them with a move that is 3 on block, that means you can link into a 3 frame move and it will combo, if they block a move and it is plus on block, you are in the advantage and if you both press a button at the same time, if they both have the same startup yours will hit before theirs.
It is used to know what situation you are in after a button is hit so you can better decide on what to do after.

[Frame Data for Dummies](Basic frame data guide for newbies

What’s the frame data on S.HP to Stance change? We plus or negative after?

^^ I’d like to know this too

Thanks stevans and mr gizmo

Looks like we’re negative, 2 or 3 frames.

Yeah, it’s -2 from claw s.hp. Clawless s.hp xx stance change appears to be +1.

Anybody know what ex flying barcelona attack is on guard?

I really dislike how light roll is 0 on hit. I was playing againt a Necalli last night and kept getting counter hit by his cr.MP after ending my combo with light CT.

Yeah you have to jab pretty much after light roll or s.lk. Sucks. The mp verison is great because most people will block after and you can get a command grab, but vs people who mash it’s luck of the draw with lk roll.

I don’t think it’s listed anywhere, but I’m pretty sure its safe. Clawless version is +3/+4 on block.

Always a Vega staple to link c.MP or c.LP after :frowning:

I didn’t realize until now that EX ASE was throw-invincible. I don’t know how many frames it takes for FBA or EX FBA to leave the ground but this might be worth experimenting with depending on range.

It’s good for escaping command grabs and tic setups. Risky if they don’t go for that and they simply block. BR is also throw invincible.

EX FBA is way too slow to leave the ground, it appears. I knew about BR but it’s rare to have that opportunity and it’s not invincible at all except to fireballs.

As it turns out, jumping LK comes out REALLY fast and can beat out a lot of crush counter attacks due to speed and range, such as Gief’s HK. However this is rather risky to perform with your back to the wall, so in that instance an EX ASE might be the better option, at the risk of a crush.

Throws, too.