Vega Beginners Thread

Go in training and do cr.mk cr.lp and see it combos. then do cr.lp xx ct and see if you are cancelling properly. then put them all together when you can do both parts seperate. The cr.lp cancel is quick. You can do the quartercircle motion and tap the lp during hte down parts of it and then quickly tap the kick as you finish up the quarter circle. Like one fluid motion with taps of 2 different buttons instead of doing cr.lp, watching it hit and then doing the quarter cirlce motion.

Or just use l, m, h for light, medium, or heavy. l.ASE, m.ASE, h.ASE, that’s how I’ve been notating it instead of lk.CT or lp.ASE, or LK.CT.

When you people said Vega has no reversals, I didn’t think super was included in that.

Is the best option against command grabs just to backdash?

Jump, back dash, backwards quick rise, e.ASE, CA.

You can’t wakeup critical art unless you really like gambling. Which move is ASE?

Backdash is a more offensive option against grabs, as it will give you more time to punish, but it’s also riskier since if they opt for a hit you eat a counter, so if they go for a sweep, they get a hard knockdown.

Everything on wake up against a command grab is a gamble. Choose your poison.

Aurora Spin Edge. qcb+punch with claw.

Never played the beta, just got it launch day and about his V-Skill and V-Trigger.
How invincible is his V-Skill, I see it goes through fireballs, anything else? Sweeps? Is it just mid-body invulnerable or what?
Does the V-Trigger have anything going for it? I noticed you can tag a super afterwards for like 50% damage and it seems relatively safe on block.

V-Skill is invincible above pretty much the waist during the spin, which means basically invincible to fireballs and high attacks. However, the invincibility doesn’t begin outright, it has some startup, and in the hit version (hold the buttons) it last very little, you have to time it pretty well. The non hit version (just tapping) has that upper body invulnerability for a longer time, but it still has some frames of vulnerability at the end. It’s a serviceable attack with some specific uses, and despite its long recovery it’s not terrible on block if spaced correctly.

The V-Trigger basically gives you a very fast fireball that you can launch from the air diagonally to punish fireballs and general dumbness (whiffed normals, dashes…) at a distance and does very good damage (200), an anti-air version that does a little less (170) or a straight one (170 damage too) that also serves as antiair but also can be comboed into for more damage and the possibility to tack a critical art at the end. It’s a very versatile tool, indeed.

@KirbyMorph yooooooo I did it!!! thanks a bunch man you the real MVP. Now I just have to practice it before i lose it

I’m still trying to overcome unwanted Claw Switches when my Crimson Terror buffer timing is off…which seems fairly often :confused: I also swear I’m getting claw switches when the key input clearly shows kick-button activation. Anyone have any insights on this problem?

" " Sorry…should have mentioned that this is happening during clawed cr.mk,lp,l.CT and also st.HP, CS, cr.mp, CT combos

in the footsies game what are some of vegas best attacks? im struggling against ken and ryu

st.mp (claw mode) is a good attack to use. On counter hit it can be linked into another st.mp (claw mode) for good poke damage.

You’re getting claw switch due to negative edge.

cr.MP, st.MP, st.LP, f.HP, cr.MK

Can see that Vega has been changed a lot and still wrapping my head around it. My go-to style is to be a wall of pokes with footsies, currently using Bison to do ths. Is Vega able to wall up, given he has better range than Bison? His pokes seem to have more recovery and and he lacks solid aair, so I’m pessimistic.

But I really want to try him! May just need to learn a new style.

Thanks! Is it likely that I’m inputting the qcf too quickly, then?

I’d love to know this as well

Vega walks almost twice as fast as Bison, this is super important in footsies.

He does have decent anti airs, but they’re all situational