Vandylizer's Guide to Goukizeme

I’ll have to reread what I wrote, because I am by no means an Ultra 2 expert and I may have been thinking of Super hitboxes when I put that part in. I never use it except in certain matchups, and never in combos tbh, so I’ll edit that section when I get a chance.

I appreciate this! As a Marvel player who is just getting into Street Fighter, I really need a comprehensive guide to help me come to grips with a lot of the basic things that happen in this game.

Alright, it’s only since 2012 and the change on Ultra 2 hitbox if canceled from TP that it reaches low. Like the tatsu FADC combo I wrote in the combo thread (nobody cares it seems), it’s not so useful but the “ho cool” effect is priceless ^^.

Edited the original post with a link to a Google Doc where we can hopefully can put together some good match up info. If it turns out well, then I’ll add it into the guide and give credit to the major contributors.

Two frames. 44 frames total duration, 14 frames startup => 30 recovery
Ryu has 45 frames duration, 13 frames startup => 32 recovery.

Dude I think you’re confusing something big time, there’s no way those are the recovery frames, those are Guile Sonic Boom like stats!

I’m pretty sure 44 frames and 45 frames numbers are purely recovery frames and not total.

Can someone please confirm this? I really don’t want to find out that I was on crack reading SF4 frame data in the past few years lol

Projectiles?

The duration is the same in terms of total frames so far as I understand it. Difference being Ryu releases his one frame faster, but uses that gained frame during his recovery. Akuma is one frame slower at hurling his fireball out, however his recovery is one frame less.

The actual projectile speed is identical.

This explains why Ryu has a more ‘immediate’ feel to his projectiles in comparison. Its incredible what one frame can do in this game. Consider also the difference between Evil Ryu and Akuma’s sweep.

The recovery column lists total framecounts for projectile moves, not pure recovery.

I use eventhubs frame data which doesn’t say that, I assume you’re talking about SRK wiki frame data, right?

Even then, I’m pretty sure they mean 44 total Recovery frames, not total frames for the entire move. There’s no way Akuma is only vulnerable for only 30 frames after shooting a fireball, the punish window must be larger than that.

If you considered those numbers as total move frames, the data for EX and jab Shakunetsu is 25f startup and 50f total, you really wanna tell me Akuma’s recovery frames is 25 only on those when he’s obviously more vulnerable after throwing it out compared to regular ground fireball?

SRK wiki should remove the “total” word from projectile recovery data because it’s confusing people.

jab shaku does recover faster than regular fireball. you can even just eyeball the recovery and tell.

It was one of the first things I noticed watching Infiltration play some Guile player somewhere when I was picking up the game. jab shaku to match sonic boom and then fierce regular fireball thrown immediately after the shaku meets the boom. the fierce FB will AA if guile tries to jump. No way you could do that if the numbers were 40+ recovery

I’ve always used jab shaku as a jump bait and it works great from certain distances because everyone assumes they can jump. you actually have a ton of time to AA.

EDIT: someone plz correct me if I’m wrong on this.

but I’m, like, 99% sure

I just checked the old leaked SSFIV 60FPS hitbox videos for Ryu’s and Akuma’s regular fireballs data, the recovery frames for both is more than 40 frames for sure when playing the video frame by frame.

For whatever reason, Shakunetsu hitbox data isn’t included, pretty much all other specials are there, but given that regular fireball is not even close to being 30 frames, I’d continue to believe the recovery numbers in the frame data are NOT total frames, so jab and EX Shakunetsu have 50 frames of recovery.

These are the videos I’m talking about btw: SSF4 Hitbox Data

No it doesn’t. Jab shaku has 50 recovery frames vs 44 for a normal fireball.

You don’t go into recovery frames until the move has executed, so the total frames would be startup+recovery.

Back to topic maybe ?
there’s a beta version of the guide : http://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2013/01/04/goukizeme/goukizeme.pdf

I post 7 pages out of 24 at the moment, all written by Vand, to show you we can make a nice guide for everyone. But we need you to write some parts of it :slight_smile:
It’s not that great for the moment, but I need content to build a solid graphic shape. Also I wont do this another time. I always wanted to see Akuma get his guide done. So I want this one to be the one we all want, approved by you all.
if you want to help writting something down, I think Vand will release the plan so people can step up and take care of some part. Even if it’s just to copy (and recheck) the info on the matchup thread or others).

I checked the hitbox videos and metallicaband is right. frame by frame the regular FB is 44, but there is something definitely wrong with the SRK wiki numbers for shaku recovery.

unless I have a different copy of the game than everyone else, you can spend just a few minutes in training mode and see that after the jab shaku becomes active, you regain control of akuma noticeably more quickly than regular fireball.

strong shaku recovers about the same as regular FB and fierce is slower.

I will see if I can produce a 60fps capture of shaku to check.

@shabrout looks sick

I understand what you are saying but I think shaku’s recovery frames are being calculated from a different point in the animation than a regular ball, giving the appearance of superior recovery.

In other words while a regular ball is 58 total frames the jab shaku would be 75 total frames.

That’d be pretty strange and an extremely misleading inconsistency, but it’s either that or somebody done fucked up putting the frame data together. I’m not sure about total frame counts, I’m just concerned with recovery (specifically how long after the move becomes active do I regain control)

[media=youtube]T9krEigFETg[/media]

@1:32 in this video, all of Akuma’s fireballs are lined up on the first active frame to show the different travel speeds. you can see in the slow mo that the recovery speed is jab/EX shaku > strong shaku > regular FB > fierce shaku

The recovery isn’t that relevant because of the immense startup. In any distance where the opponent can jump and punish shaku is worse than normal ball. However in long distance fireball games the faster recovery of the jab shaku can mislead the opponent into jumping forward into a punish because they expect the long recovery of the multi hit shaku’s…

Look, I’m not trying to discuss how to use shakus. At this point I’m only interested in numbers. There are 2 things I’m trying to get across:

1. confirming that the recovery of jab shaku IS IN FACT SHORTER than regular FB, which is demonstrated in the fireball comparison video

2. making sure everyone realizes that the SRK wiki’s frame data isn’t consistent. It has the “total frames” for regular FB as 44 in the “Recovery” column, which turns out that is the recovery time. For jab shaku the “total frames” is listed in the “Recovery” column as 50, which is clearly wrong if that is meant to be the recovery time

point #2 is important for the guide to have all correct info for the guide [back on topic]

Yeah and this will definitly be a subject of the guide, the fireball game. Maybe Shin can write it ? For the numbers it will be listed in the specials page.

Really nice guide! Congratz :wink: