v2013 changes

I’m surprised the Adon forum doesn’t have this thread going. He consistently makes top player’s top 5 lists…so does that mean everyone is happy with how he currently is?

I don’t really think there will be a v2013 but the changes i would like are :

3 frames cr lk
1000 health
rj lk hits everyone crouching , maybe the move will punish too much things then.
Faster overhead
Better hitbox for the close hk , currently this move is useless
cr mk with a better hitbox and a start-up of 5 frames , the cr mp is a counter poke it doesn’t hit too far to be a really good poke.

But honestly i think if there is a new version , Adon will have little nerfs like his roundhouse will hit only one but with a better startup and the jaguar kick will need to be well space to be safe.

I hope they just keep him the same. What I really want to see is some nerfs for Cammy and Seth, that’s pretty much it.

I say the game is perfectly fine. Only 2 things need to be done IMO

1. Get rid of unblockables.

2. Have Oni’s DP cancel on block.

Make Jaguar Tooth punishable :x

Jaguar Tooth is almost useless currently , make it unsafe will not change much , it doesn’t bother me anyway.

So what should be done to jaguar tooth in order to be more usefull ? a start up reduction ? <br>

The same start up for the hk version than the ex and the ex with 0 or +1 in guard to be usefull.<br><br>The others versions are just here to bait , it doesn’t really need to change.<br>

Instant air jaguar kick should not be massively +frames on block. There needs to be a height restriction or a frame nerf on that move. Everything else about adon is fine, and could even be buffed

Thats pretty much the only reason adon is top tier. A good adon who mixes instant air JK, regular JK, and st.hk will completely dominate footsies against 90% of the cast

Honestly, Adon is just about the perfect character. He’s really, really strong and has what is probably the most fully realized design of any character (Fei is up there, as well). I honestly think that *he’s *the top-tier character Capcom should be designing this theoretical 2013 patch around because Cammy and Akuma, in their current state, are on another plane of existence entirely compared to the rest of the cast. There’s no way that Capcom could bring, say, Dee Jay or Dhalsim up to their approximate power level without massively overhauling their overall design.

I know we’re not supposed to use the n-word around here because of the ugly, hateful history behind those six letters, but I’m just going to say it: Akuma and Cammy should probably be nerfed. Not hugely–just a couple frames here and there to mitigate the wealth of advantages they possess that none of the other characters even approach in terms of strength and efficacy. Small changes. The bare minimum necessary to bring them to a level on par with the next, say, five best characters and buff the rest of the cast up from there.

Adon is a great character. I love using him. But improving the 35-or-so characters beneath him on the tier list is a much higher priority than buffing Adon. That said, if they did elect to buff Adon, this is the ONLY suggestion I would have: do something about his f.mp. I wouldn’t suggest making it faster because he doesn’t need “dangerous overhead” added to his repertoire, but accidentally getting f.mp because the stick wasn’t perfectly in the neutral position is right up there with genocide and malaria on the short list of “things guaranteed to ruin your day.” Maybe switching it to b.mp? I don’t know.

Adon’s fantastic. I wouldn’t be expecting any positive changes for him.

<br><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/36866/Time%20pants">Time pants</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Honestly, Adon is just about the perfect character. He’s really, really strong and has what is probably the most fully realized design of any character (Fei is up there, as well). I honestly think that <i>he’s </i>the top-tier character Capcom should be designing this theoretical 2013 patch around because Cammy and Akuma, in their current state, are on another plane of existence entirely compared to the rest of the cast. There’s no way that Capcom could bring, say, Dee Jay or Dhalsim up to their approximate power level without massively overhauling their overall design.<br>
<br>
I know we’re not supposed to use the n-word around here because of the ugly, hateful history behind those six letters, but I’m just going to say it: Akuma and Cammy should probably be nerfed. Not hugely–just a couple frames here and there to mitigate the wealth of advantages they possess that none of the other characters even approach in terms of strength and efficacy. Small changes. The bare minimum necessary to bring them to a level on par with the next, say, five best characters and buff the rest of the cast up from there.<br>
<br>
Adon is a great character. I love using him. But improving the 35-or-so characters beneath him on the tier list is a much higher priority than buffing Adon. That said, if they did elect to buff Adon, this is the ONLY suggestion I would have: do something about his f.mp. I wouldn’t suggest making it faster because he doesn’t need “dangerous overhead” added to his repertoire, but accidentally getting f.mp because the stick wasn’t perfectly in the neutral position is right up there with genocide and malaria on the short list of “things guaranteed to ruin your day.” Maybe switching it to b.mp? I don’t know.</div>
</blockquote>

<br>I agree, I would also like the game balanced around Fei and Adon. But the problem with nerfs is - cammys already asked adon and Fei to be nerfed along cammy.<br>Anyway, for Adon:<br><br>- Jaguar Tooth: reduce the start up for H with 1 frame (6)<br>add +1 blockstun (-4) for Ex - -1 would be too safe, Adon has enough safe moves.  <br>- F+MP: reduce the start up with 1 frame (22)<br>-<span style=“font-size:12.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“MS Mincho”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
JA;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”> <u>H. Jaguar Kick</u>: +10 damage (140)<br><br>I think this would make Adon a little more interesting, without breaking him. <br></span><!–[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=“false” LatentStyleCount=“156”>
</w:LatentStyles>
</xml><![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>
<style>
/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:“Table Normal”;
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}
</style>
<![endif]–>

<span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-style: normal;”><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/50800/Emanuelb">Emanuelb</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><br><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/36866/Time%20pants">Time pants</a> said:</div><div class=“QuoteAuthor”><br></div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Honestly, Adon is just about the perfect character. He’s really, really strong and has what is probably the most fully realized design of any character (Fei is up there, as well). I honestly think that <i>he’s </i>the top-tier character Capcom should be designing this theoretical 2013 patch around because Cammy and Akuma, in their current state, are on another plane of existence entirely compared to the rest of the cast. There’s no way that Capcom could bring, say, Dee Jay or Dhalsim up to their approximate power level without massively overhauling their overall design.<br>
<br>
I know we’re not supposed to use the n-word around here because of the ugly, hateful history behind those six letters, but I’m just going to say it: Akuma and Cammy should probably be nerfed. Not hugely–just a couple frames here and there to mitigate the wealth of advantages they possess that none of the other characters even approach in terms of strength and efficacy. Small changes. The bare minimum necessary to bring them to a level on par with the next, say, five best characters and buff the rest of the cast up from there.<br>
<br>
Adon is a great character. I love using him. But improving the 35-or-so characters beneath him on the tier list is a much higher priority than buffing Adon. That said, if they did elect to buff Adon, this is the ONLY suggestion I would have: do something about his f.mp. I wouldn’t suggest making it faster because he doesn’t need “dangerous overhead” added to his repertoire, but accidentally getting f.mp because the stick wasn’t perfectly in the neutral position is right up there with genocide and malaria on the short list of “things guaranteed to ruin your day.” Maybe switching it to b.mp? I don’t know.</div>
</blockquote>

<br>I agree, I would also like the game balanced around Fei and Adon. But the problem with nerfs is - cammys already asked adon and Fei to be nerfed along cammy.<span style=“font-size:12.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“MS Mincho”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
JA;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”><br></span><!–[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<style>
/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
</style>
<![endif]–></div>
</blockquote>

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I understand it’s a difficult position, and nobody wants to have their main singled out for nerfs when the rest of the cast is being buffed (in some cases substantially so) or being left alone. Anyway, it’s just my opinion.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/50800/Emanuelb">Emanuelb</a> said:</div><div class=“QuoteAuthor”><br></div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>Anyway, for Adon:</span><br><br>- Jaguar Tooth: reduce the start up for H with 1 frame (6)<br>add +1 blockstun (-4) for Ex - -1 would be too safe, Adon has enough safe moves.  <br>- F+MP: reduce the start up with 1 frame (22)<br>-<span style=“font-size:12.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”;
JA;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”> <u>H. Jaguar Kick</u>: +10 damage (140)<br><br>I think this would make Adon a little more interesting, without breaking him. <br></span><!–[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<style>
/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
</style>
<![endif]–></div>
</blockquote>

It’s not a bad list. Like I said before, Adon definitely doesn’t need much (hell, like I said before, as someone who plays him quite a lot, I don’t really think he </span><i style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”>needs </i><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>anything) because he’s already very good, but the specifics of frame-counts elude me, so I defer to your expertise and that of the higher-level players on SRK.</span></font><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>One very small thing I’ve been meaning to mention for a while but haven’t because I don’t want to sound rude (especially since you’ve been awesome about maintaining and moderating both the tier list and 2013 patch suggestions topics), but the way you have written some of the buff proposals is a bit confusing. For example, you say “reduce the start up for H <i>with</i> 1 frame,” but it should actually be “reduce the start up for H <i>by</i> 1 frame.” Not a big issue, but it was somewhat difficult to understand the first time I saw it. Like I said, I’m not trying to be rude or “call you out” or anything–just a suggestion to help with the clarity of the list.</span></font></div>

(double post)

<br> :"> - The problem is - I’m not an english speaker, and I stopped practice english grammar since highschool. So, while my read and comprehensions skills are still very good, my grammar is kinda lacking. No offence taken, I’m glad you corrected me. I’ll try to be a little more carefull.  <br>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/50800/Emanuelb">Emanuelb</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><br> :"> - The problem is - I’m not an english speaker, and I stopped practice english grammar since highschool. So, while my read and comprehensions skills are still very good, my grammar is kinda lacking. No offence taken, I’m glad you corrected me. I’ll try to be a little more carefull.  <br></div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, no problem! I’m actually an ESL teacher (English as a Second Language) and I figured that was probably the case. Your English is actually very, very good!

What i think he needs is an fadc combo that is usefull. I think they should make it so that lk rj has a farther reaching hitbox and forces stand on hit instead of float (therefore the second hit still connects). Fadcing will give you +4 frames on hit, 0 on block. Also have the damage on the first hit set to 40 and the second hit do 90. Jaguar tooth shud be plus 3 on hit so that it could at least be usefull (hk). I only find myself using ex if i anticipate a fireball. Also give 2mk a longer hit box. And jaguar revolver should do 250 on float instead of 180

chainable c.LP or c.LK. That’s all I’d really like. 

Better block strings for the love of god

Fix light rising jaguar so that it can combo correctly and not cross up randomly

Faster overhead that can actually combo crouching opponents

More range on his back dash

Buffs
-Change lk rj so that it hits 2 times more consistently, trying to punish someone with cr.mk xx lk rj and only having one of the hits connect (which happens quite often) is too weak, also make it so that it can be fadced even from max range
-EX RJ needs more invincibility frames or whatever is required to make it so that it beats Zangief’s U2
-lk rj hits all opponents low, this will make his cr.mp a much better frame trap, giving him the option to do cr.mp, cr.mp xx lk rj

Nerfs
-make ex jk -3 on block that way there is more risk to it and Adon players just don’t throw it out
-make all jks -4 on block so Adon players will have to space their jks better and not randomly throw it out but this nerf should only be applied if they buff up normals to compensate

They should try to make specials more strict in general. Make them more unsafe and require stricter timing and distance to be used effectively. If they do this then obviously they should buff normals. I think this will make the game more fun, having the game be more footsie based rather than special based, just my opinion.