USFIV Training room combos

Far Hp have a cancel window… huge (yes Shirley, bigger than that). The possibilities it gives in followup frame advantage open up some extended meterless combos because of meaty fireball or meaty normals afterward (and this because of reel animation of the char, coming back after the hit).
I haven’t tested much, I just took a session against Ryu. I think there’s a lot more to figure out. So go back to training room guyz and make it happen :slight_smile:

Using Hp ball after a far HP is mostly a waste, it will cancel the hitstun of the far HP sooner (and the reel animation of the char) and will reach the opponent sooner too.
Best positioning and frame advantage is achieved with Lp and Mp ball.
With very far HP, Lp ball wont connect, or only if canceled asap. Mp Ball will always connect even if you delay it by half an hour.
Exceptions with Helena for example, the Hp ball seems the better one as others wont reach in time, but you’ll see yourself.

1) CORNER

Ryu (standing) :
far HP, delayed Lp ball, sweep
New meterless KD for these we can’t tatsu sweep :
c.lk, cr.lp, st.lp, far.HP, delayed Ball, sweep. (should work on a lot of char standing).
I think we can find more, like cr.mp, st.lp, far hp, delayed ball, sweep (1 framer inside but hey ^.^).

2) MID SCREEN

Ryu (standing) :
far HP, delay Mp ball, FADC, walk forward, far HK, cl.HP, …
far HP, delayed Lp ball, FADC, far HK, hold forward, far lp, far HK, cr.mk hk tatsu work on standing Ryu mid screen.
I never ever landed a HK loop on Ryu before Ultra. This one is a piece of cake now in this situation. So if you’re a Hk loop fan, you’ll like it.

I’m trying to find a combo that beats our max one 2 bars (without ultra, without crumple) at 453.
So we had jump HK, cr.mp, cl.hp xx Ball, FADC, cl.Hp xx tatsu, hp.DP
Now there’s very far Jump HK, far HP, delayed mp Ball, FADC, far HK, cl.HP xx tatsu, hp.DP at 449. I think from the range we start, that’s a new record. No more far HK, cr.lk tatsu ender for those far away punishes.

USFIV new hight damage fireball punish

from far way jump over fireball and high HK far (hit the head, not less or you’ll have the wrong hitstun animation), wait, far hp, wait xx lp Ball, FADC, walk 1fr, far HK, cl.HP xx tatsu, DP
449 damages, 2 meters. Half screen pushback.

from far way jump over fireball and hight HK far
wait, far hp, wait xx lp Ball, FADC, walk 1fr, far HK, hold frorward far lp (meaty), far HK, cr.lk xx tatsu DP
411 damages, 2 meters. 3/4 screen pushback.

Wasn’t easy to stay focus and do it clean so here is a stream I did earlier when you can see our new jump ins punishes. In situations when before we couldn’t do much because… too far. Now it’s show time.

Holy shit, Capcom gave us a combo into crumple !
Tested on Oni in corner, standing.
Very far jump in HK, as always in this thread, you have to hit the head, not below to trigger the right reel back animation of the opponent, then wait a frame, far HP delayed lp Ball, FA2 crumple dash forward … enjoy

Note : The combo into sweep meterless works on everyone but Blanka in corner for the moment. Haven’t tested them all. Need that far jump in Hk as always, but works very well.
And that mid screen 449 damage 2 meter punish works on everyone (j.hk, far hp xx(delayed ball) FADC, walk far HK cl.Hp … Timing specific, but easy enough. And on the char it didn’t work is only because of range issues that make far Hk into cl.HK but you can still switch the far HK into anything else for a nasty damage.

Interestingly enough all this isn’t working on Sagat. He’s too tall to be hit high enough from a range. You always end up too close. No real options to trigger the reel back hitstun animation on him.

Posted a better video for Ryu loop above.

Just wondering, why lp ball?

if it’s fast enough to connect, it’s the best one for any chance or frame advantage.
Depends on chars, so you have to test yourself on other chars. Sometimes the best one is MP ball, sometimes HP ball. Sometimes you have to delay the far HP after landing, sometimes you need to even walk forward a bit after landing, sometimes you need to delay the cancel into ball, sometimes not :slight_smile:

On shotos (minus Akuma) it’s not that complicated though, as far as you get the jump in attack right, you can go yolo on the rest with different timings.

I got 3 HK on Cody today and found out that quite some chars get hit by cr.lk, cr.lp, cl.HP xx ball FA2 crumple while crouching in corner.

Found another starter for HK loop against Ryu.
sweep, walk point blank, back up to block any reversal shit, cr.MP (CH, the goal), far HK, depending on the range you are now it’s either :

• close -> cl.HP and damage stuff…
  • far LP range -> hold forward + LP, HK, from here up to you.

Go back to the corner please !

nice ! is ruy the only character this loop works on ?

It’s range specific, there’s some adaptation on other characters but you can do Hk loops on a lot of chars if you get in the right situations.
This one is the easiest for me and should work on Ryu and Ken (need to try on Ken to be sure…).
I haven’t found a way to get a loop from a confirm on Ryu though. I got some on Helena and Dudley and Sagat (in corner).
The follow up is also char specific.
I could do 3 HK straight on Honda. Takes a lot of time to find those frame perfect stuff though.

This one on Ryu is interesting because you often get such opening on him reading a fireball from far away.