USFIV Rufus Safe Jumps/Option Select?

Hi,

i’m looking for some SJ/OP for Rufs in USFIV (videos would be great)

moving to the rufus section

i dont remember now but he hadnt really a lot of safe jumps, is not like rufus is good in that part of the game, u can find mostly dive setups for OS.
i remember 5f safe jump wich is fthrow dash into stlp then jump hp, work for ibuki, honda etc, u can OS ibuki with sweep/ultra, u can OS honda with ex messiah (now i guess it really worth).
u prolly find a safe jump for cammy (HK whiff) and a safe jump for adon (some weird lk whiff) but just so u know it doesnt work anymore.
also there was one specific for ryu (sthp after f throw) wich i tried time ago but the timing was hard, so i think it doesnt worth at all.
anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, why would u care for safe jumps in ultra sf, is really pointless with new delayed system, if oponent have a bad wu just jump in his face and if u dont see delayed just put ur OS.
sorry for my english.

Thanks!

As far as option selects are concerned: I never really learned any option selects but, being quite simple-minded, the two that I would learn if I was less lazy are both anti-backdash: either doing an instant divekick and inputting at sweep or an EX GT at the moment it should connect so if they backdash you’ll catch it, or inputting an ultra motion during your cr.LP for the same reason (justin wong seems to do this a lot now, e.g. against Zangief when he thinks the Zangief is going to try bachdash SPD to escape wakeup pressure - if the backdash doesn’t happen I guess you carry on with the usual cr.lp chain while you decide what to do next).

The timing is obviously harder on the ultra one because it’s a longer motion to input. Oh, and I don’t think either of those work on the best backdashes (e.g. Rose).

The other one that’s pretty easy with a bit of practice is inputting a diagonal jump at the moment your deep divekick would hit on their wakeup, so you can chase things like Akuma’s teleport (you still have to guess which way he’s going to teleport, though).

There’s also this old thread which has a lot of interesting discussion: Announcement: Rufus Option Select Thread COMING SOON!