USFIV Omega Mode Makoto!

Yes, easier to link. Tested that online, and I have a terrible connection. Still felt good.

As for s.HP>U2…I cannot do it consistently. Also can’t tell if screen positioning has an effect due to this inconsistency.

The link for St hp u2 is really tight have only gotten it to work just outside of the corner

Also… Yea this is a real thing ha! Makoto can cancel into ultras: http://youtu.be/wRnQLGQYlYQ

Your video is still set as private

Actually, after testing more it seems that they’ve made ALL links for every character easier. Startup and frame advantage is the same, but you can press the button earlier. Kind of like the system in Blazblue I think?

E: Haven’t followed Omega mode at all so these are probably known changes, but you can’t fadc reversals on block and 232323232323 shortcut for dps has been removed.

Oops I changed it, sorry guys

Figured out how to hit u2 combo consistently… 3rd strike makoto is back!!!: http://youtu.be/Mwt9SI7pERA

Input is qcf kkk, qcf kkk…it hits midscreen also!

• stand lk, stand mk causes knockdown o.O
  • tsurugi seems to have no height restriction but its move seems slower to recover.
  • HK tsurugi allows you to combo after if it’s low enough, but will KD if done after a full jump.
  • I cant combo focus attack into tsurugi or it will make the opponent fall. What sorcery it this ?
  • Tsurugi into smp or shp seems harder now.
  • Shikiri (new Hayate cancel) can be EX. Is it faster ? it does not armor anything :frowning:
  • The new headbut (backward srk) gives enough hitstun to combo with.
    Quote from Eventhubs :

You can go into U1 from stMP and stHP by doing the EX Cancel move, good damage too

HP Oroshi while in Super is the sickest animation ever

So far:

In super you can s.HP cancel s.HP
j.HK s.HP, cancel, s.HP, HP.fukiage, tsurugi for 450 damage 734 stun

you can also use the EX. version of the new feint to gain an extra frame on all moves thus MP, Ex.feint, HP, feint, MP… is possible. You can do stupid stuff like

s.HP, feint, s.MP, Ex.feint, s.HP, Ex.feint, Ultra 1 should be possible (just did it 436 damage)

s.MP, s.MP. Ex.feint, s.HP, Ex.fukiage, Ex.tsurugi is 402 damage. not bad for converting off of two s.MP’s. (375 damage for just s.MP, s.MP, Ex.fukiage, Ex.tsurugi so maybe the extra bars arent worth it)

Anti airing with s.LK,s.MK target combo knocks down also. Seems strange.

since s.HP has extra hit stun in TR.
j.HK, s.HP, HP hayate, TR, s.HP, feint, U1
does 530ish damage

TR = tanden renki

You only need 3 bars to enter tanden?!

You can enter tanden with 2, 3 or 4 bars, duration change

Bahahaha why did I just glaze over that in the change post! That’s huge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMvkpKavF_0ote]

From what i’ve read on the japanese PDF, her u1 changes if done during combo (as in the video someone posted).

And it says “mp+mk” as a special move during tanden renki. That should be the parry.

And her u2 wont have animation if done during her new ex “stance”

I still havent DL the update. Will try it tonight.

Edit:
does anyone know if shikiri is 16F? (Same as hayate cancel)
and how much is EX version?
after headbutt, it seems its +4?

EX headbutt is +4 but can only combo from stHP
stHP EX headbutt crLK LP hayate is a combo but I don’t see why you would do it. Damage is not great. You can’t do crLK > EX Fuki after headbutt because ex fuki doesn’t connect ( they’re not using Ultra version EX Fuki, lots of stuff prove Omega was done from AE2012 )

Better to just go for stHP feint stMP hayate and build meter to enter Tanden Renki faster.

It seems that our dash goes through fireball during tanden renki. Can someone test?

Thx noocta.
But it seems stMP is faster. fLP > stMP works. So why not using stHP > MP headbutt > fLP > stMP*N > hayate?

And EX shikiri (the new pose) has how many frames? 5?

does LP fuki (or any version) hits grounded opponent when NOT during tanden renki?

Tested the dash through fireballs on ryu. It works.
No version of Fuki hits on grounded without tanden renki.

Anybody else noticing that Ex Fukiage combo whiffs on Ryu when you do Karakusa>s.HP>Ex. Fuki?
Replace s.HP with s.MP and it works. Guess I will test other characters for that too.

fLP > stMP doesn’t work

stMP is still 5 frames, they just removed some of the recovery frames on it ( which broke stMP > EX Oroshi )

You can link cr.MP straight into U1 if you are close enough. Will test later if kara U1 can connect also, it’d be best way to land U1 in footsie scenarios.

You can also link cr.MP into st.HP, st.MP, st.LK and possibly many other normals.