USF4 Location Test in Paris

Hey there,

This saturday, I’ll be there for the location test in Paris.

If you want me to try some specific stuffs with Dudley, feel free to ask in this thread.

I’ll do my best but it’s not going to be easy with 10 xbox for 80 people.

I’d like to know about the f.HP knockdown. Is quickrise possible afterward or not.
If you have the chance to test the rose, is recovery the same or did they change it along with hitstun.
And last, if you fight against grapplers, with ssb and l.mgb changes, do you feel the matchups are way easier or not that much of an improvement.

Thanks

So, here are my thoughts about Dudley.

I’ve been able to test him for the entire day.

f.HP knockdown: The characters are floating a little, I think we can juggle with U2 or EX duck upper/straight. It looks like it’s a hard knockdown but I cannot confirm.

About the rose, The recovery is the same, we still need to FADC in order to perform a followup.

I’ve fought several grapplers: Gief, Hugo if I remember correctly. The lp.mgb is a great help for those matchups when they have no Ultras, definitely. About the ssb, it can be useful if you can fadc on block because it’s still unsafe.

Dudley’s normals are said to have a bigger hitboxes, but I don’t feel a huge difference a least for cr.lp, cr.mp, st.mp.
f.mk > st.mp is still character specific unfortunately.

st.hp is better now, the hitbox is bigger so you can touch further and can touch low pokes but not at max max range. I was able to whiff punish ryu’s cr.mk, maybe it was luck, I don’t know.

Best buff is his cr.mk. It can touch further and comes quicker. It’s a really good tool for footsies.

The other two things I’ve seen is his hp.mgb that has a smaller pushback on hit which is really good for keeping pressure and CH.hk with a smaller pushback as well. It is possible to perform on some characters (I’ve done it on Makoto and Claw):
f.mk on block > CH.hk > hk > ex mgb. It seems it’s not working on Shotos.

Something that has bothered me is that all knockdowns, without delay wakeups, have changed. It means that setups are not working anymore. But I was able to find some new easy setups to safe jumps, and are easier for 4f reversals.

About delay wakeups, most if not all of the players think that it’s not a good mecanic. The turtle characters like Guile, honda are overpowered with it and the metagame has changed with it. We are not rewarded for knocking down the opponent. Some characters get punished with old setups like Seth or Akuma du to Delay wakeups. I don’t really like those characters but it is sad to watch a match where a character is knocked down and nothing happened. There is no momentum anymore, it’s more about footsies. I was surprise to finished my combos with regular mgb, not with JU in order to keep pressure.

Red focus is something nobody know how to use at the beginning but I think it is a lethal tool against Dudley and cr.mp > lp.mgb combined with regular focus against dudley’s st.hp and cr.mk but it helps for some matchups.

At last, I like how USF4 is in the current build. Dudley is a better footsie character. you can whiff punish with cr.mk or st.hp, you can reduce distance with lp.mgb. I think in order to play him, you need to rush down less and be more careful about footsies.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts man. Really appreciated.
I wounder if DWU is really that big of a deal for Dudley though. And with generaly weaker footsies, dont you think it’s still better to capitalise on damage than pressure ? Dunno

I don’t know yet but what I’m sure is DWU is not a big deal like other characters. Dudley’s footsies are a lot better in this version and it is easier to play against Rose or Chun-Li now but, because of DWU, you cannot OS their back dashes when they are waking up, that’s why I’d rather keep pressure.

DWU removes all Option Selects on Knockdown. You cannot OS Ultra Rose for example in order to punish backdash or reversal EX Spiral. You cannot Safe Jump with an option select neither. That’s why Honda is such a mess to play against for example, because if he is knocked down, you cannot safe jump with an OS. He can just DWU.