Uses of Negative Edge

All I can think of is Ken’s Mid-Screen double-uppercut thing.

DP -> NE-DP

Are there any other practical uses for this?

super cancelling…

exampe… with ken…

:mp: :hp: :qcf: :p: :qcf: :k: will give you the two punches, hadoken, xx super…

some people have a tendacy to mess up the super cancel… (more so in yun’s GJ charge up)…

if you slide and go…

:lp: neutral, :mp: neutral :hp: neutral… after you do the :qcf:x2… you have 6 chances to have sucessfully entered in the triggering command…

im’ not sure if that makes sense, but it’s basically giving you more chances to enter it in.

Well, yes, it helps there, but it’s more like a bonus. Drumming your fingers across the punches or kicks would normally give you 3 entries, either way. Negative edge just doubles that, provided you let go of the button. It’s not an intentional thing.

Personally, with Yun, I find that negative edge screws me up more often than not. I used to have problems /w cr.lk->palm during GJ, becuase a command grab would come out. But that’s probably just me & my Yun.

strakka: loads of ppl get a grab out, but just hold down c.lk and you’ll just see the palm :wink:

i use it for yun’s c.mk,twin kicks i do forward, down, kick , df, release

I mess up c.lk to any Yun’s punches, always get stupid lunge punch.

no that happens to me as well as a friend of mine…
if u want c.lk > palm then jsut hold down the lk button as u do the palm so there is no negative edge

You can use it as a “trigger” for Ken/Chun super.

Get a good zoning game going, then poke with c.mk and hold it. While this happens, input qcfx2. If by this time they get hit, negative edge release mk and unleash your (cheap) fury. If they block, parry, jump whatever–then stop everything, including your qcfx2 while you’re midway.

:lame:

Past tense, people! Past tense! I was using that as a example of of where negative edge screws people up! I’m not nearly that scrubbish. :stuck_out_tongue:

i was just about to post this :smiley: