Useful bit of info on kara-palming!

ahh I saw it!
it’s hard to do across the screen, but in corner is easier
timing is seien enbu strings-wise, so it’s just training and more training (have to train too, other than boss’ one, I can’t do any ground combo at all lol)

for boss ground GJ you can startup with 123 or cr.mk xx GJ, cr.lk (due to crouching, it’s easy to link it) and then proceed to the karas. I often end it earlier but you can repeat each rep.(cr.mk, st.mp~st.hp) 8 times for a full GJ bar.

the different aspect for the combo is that you can do it anywhere, unlike the kara st.hp across the screen (doesn’t work right on corner)

for enders, the safest is juggling with mp/hp shoulder and any ender
you can maintain opponent on ground and finish with hp lunge(GJ end), 123 and hp lunge. You can kara palm as well for juggling (but it’s hard…)

the one I most use is to get some bar, and it turns like:
123 xx GJ st.mp,st.hp, kara hp reps 6x, hp lunge, cr.mp, st.mk launcher, KO finisher
(with kara palm(ghetto)). Damage is 80ish on ryu and lose the shoulder for chars you can’t land it

but I still miss too much, and I stick to juggling, hehe

Oh and King of bums, I long for your results and blessing lol!

and a great tip I got: To prevent any error when doing kara-palms(and walking), hold own the kick used. Since lk is 4 frames fast, negative edge happens all the time (and the reason mk kara palm is easier hehe) In fact, it’s so good that I’m only palming with HCB motions now

Sorry mate, didn’t work for me. Figured it out the pryolee way. You gain no blessings :sad:.

And to those of you using the pad. This is the way i managed to do kara palm.

i have the face buttons as normal (square=jab,triangle=strong etc) but my shoulder buttons are like that of marvel super heros on the ps1 (L1=fierce, R1=RH, L2=3p, R2=3k). But since it is really hard to have your thumb slide around to hit buttons symotaniously, i improvised. I changed r2 (3k) to be another input for mp. And i set up my thumb so the middle part would hit x (lk) and the tip would hit square (lp) with a bit of delay. It works like a charm, but the trade off is that you can’t ex up kicks (dp+k) as easy.

oh…that’s unfortunate…hehe
but anyway, the thing to get kara palms is also on how you would press the mp and the kick button. For my case, I simply trained until I could get more speed pressing them with only the thumb

and King of bums, aren’t you getting whiffed throws?? I changed to hp for not getting any whiffed animation and a possible far hp combo saver

also you can use thumb and index finger to press two kicks (x and R1) it’s quite easy
good luck with your training!

and doing in matches without error is very hard…props to mester, boss and sako

I sometimes get wiffed throws, but usually they will eat palm, or I’ll screw up the timing :frowning:

I said it isn’t as easy as having one button for your ex. I do use x+r1 for my ex upkicks (sometimes o but usually x) and it works fine, but pressing buttons simultaneously doesn’t work as well on a pad as it does a stick. And pressing r2 was even easier then the other two options.
The other reason i used lp cause i wanted lp to be square, and the timing of x with l1 was too inconsistant. But im going to get a stick soon, and re-learn everything (i think it will take a month or two before i get used to it). I might be a bit of a trator to the other pad players, but at least i will beable to play in an arcade without preforming like a scrub.

This is the stick im gonig to buy, but it will be black with convex buttons http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/gamesusainc_1959_344666288

Ditto on that one!

hehe don’t think like this. It’s fundamental to get used to the stick in order to play better
When I bought my stick, I got some problems to adapt, but my main is still the pad…(have to change that ASAP)

the lousy thing for me with a stick is that even if I can nail kara palms easy(It is MUCH easier than the pad), I can’t do some basic things I can easily with the pad like super cancels and mainly 123 xx GJ… so, train basics like hell when you get your stick, and then proceed to kara palm

I’m training GJ pressure right now, my kara palm pad skills are good, but not steady at all…

and Kuroda can do it in matches too (THE Kuroda, beast Q player, plays yun as well!)

I said im going to relearn “EVERYTHING!” Im basicly going to be in training mode for two months doing basic moves in sets of 100, and going back to 1 if i screw up. Then go to advance things like the magic combo (lp,lk,mp xx gj) kara palms kara throw etc. Then im going to relearn all my other characters from cvs2 (rcs, PTF, etc) and ST the same way (everyone listed in my signature is everyone i have to relearn.) so i got my work cut out for me. (for the st section, i dont use old guys besides sagat and i need ken’s knee bash too much so i dont use o. ken.)
But at least ill be able to kick a lot of ass at the arcades!!!
(or evo north next time it comes around :sad:)

cool man! good luck
maybe we can play some mirror matches someday!

ah, got another tip on walking kara palm and HCB motions
for Guilty Gear familiar players, you can actually imagine a Jump install to fake out the hcb input and do the kara palm as the commonly known button order
so things can be done as:

walk up, input mp, JI(go from forward, to up forward, then down, down back, back)lk/mk, punch

please put more reports and experiences, to get more knowledge!

im rubbish at gg, even though i like the game. But it would be cool to have a yun v yun fight at one of the evos. oh well…

Everyone probably knows this, but i think it needs to be mentioned. The best way to end kara palm is after the last palm, do the rh up kicks, the jab shoulder, towards fierce, then the qcf +lk~lp. on characters that you can’t finish that way (dudley, urien, lee twins, etc) i do the roundhouse upkicks, jab shoulder, then cr.mp to short upkicks. If you have bad timing on the cr. mp to short upkicks, just do a fierce lunge punch (qcf+fierce).

little update, regarding how many palms you can do after common GJ situations considering a full bar on corner, or going there on the first hit:

|-any normal to f.hp…

• walking kara palm, kara palm x 4 , finisher (most damage)
  • f.mk/st.hp, kara palm x 4, finisher
  • f.mkx2, kara palm x 3, finisher
  • f.mkx2, kara palm x 4, upkicks or lunge finsher (must be done quick)
  • f.mk, walk st.mp, palm, kara palm x 3, finisher
  • f.mk, walk st.mp, palm, kara palm x 4, upkicks or lunge finsher (must be done quick)

|- mk launcher xx GJ…

• kara palm x 2, f.mk, kara palm x 4, upkicks or lunge finsher (must be done quick, most damaging)
  • kara palm x 2, f.mk, kara palm x 3, finisher
  • f.mk, kara palm x 5, finisher
  • walk, close st.hp xx palm, kara palm x 4, finisher
  • wait, st.hp, kara palm x 5, finisher

|- mk launcher, lp shoulder xx GJ…

• st.mp, palm, kara palm x 4, finisher (most damaging, st.mp timing is hard)
  • lk/mk upkicks, palm, kara palm x 4, finisher (2nd most damaging, safer)
  • any upkicks, mk launcher/close st.hp, kara palm x 4, finisher

|- mp/hp shoulder xx GJ

• palm, kara palm x 4, any normal ended GJ finisher (st.hp/st.mk to shoulder etc. most damaging)
  • close st.hp xx palm, kara palm x 4, finisher
  • mk launcher, palm, kara palm x 4, finisher

|- any normal to st.hk/palm or target combo xx GJ…

• palm, kara palm x 4, any normal ended GJ finisher (st.hp/st.mk(GJ end) to shoulder etc. most damaging, Alex and Hugo only)
  • st.hp, palm, kara palm x 4, finisher (most damaging, for everyone)
  • walk a little, cr.mp xx palm, kara palm x 4, finisher

notes:

-Q doesn’t need any kara palms after the first, just walk a bit and palm, but you can do them if you want, lol
-In any combo, you can remove the last kara palm for lunge to launcher mk, to K.O finisher attempt.
-After f.mk, big framed chars (Hugo, Q, Elena, Chun-li, Necro) can be hit by a normal palm. Use a ghetto kara palm for medium framed chars (Shotos, Makoto, Twelve, Alex, Urien/Gill). The rest can only be hit by a true kara palm.
-For the cast that is hard to land kara palm reps(Twins, Ibuki, Remy, Dudley, Oro), there is an alternate combo variant I made, that does good damage (20 points more than the most damaging corner GJ combo):

• 123xxGJ, st.mp, f.hp/st.hk, [st.hp, kara palm]x3, finisher (112 dmg on Remy)
  • mk launcher xx GJ, palm, [st.hp, kara palm]x3, finisher (128 dmg on Remy)

You may have to walk a bit to hit the st.hp. After it hits, immediately do the kara palm, as there’s no recoil from st.hp.
Used hk upkicks, mp shoulder cross up, cr.mp to lk upkicks finishers to do the combo above (as it works with every char in the group)

And, this is good GJ knowlege I just came across

Whenever you’re in corner, you can bait a parry/jump-in, use mk launcher xx GJ and you can cross up anyone with mp shoulder (a certain timing is necessary for Urien and Ibuki, and if it’s after a jump-in, hp shoulder may be necessary), directing them to corner, for nice damage

Regarding kara palms, you can hit them as soon as they cross up with five of them plus finisher, for more than 100 dmg (If hp shoulder is used, you’ll have to do walking kara palm for the hard-to-hit-kara-palm char group)

Just some stuff i noticed when trying out this far mk for the kara:

It seemed to me that it was only more lenient by about a single frame or so than the lk kara palm however 1 extra frame does make a world of difference.

This method does however require much stricter timing to juggle the smaller cast with this palm as opposed to the lk palm as it does not go as far, you are forced to cancel the mp at the furthest distance possible to hit characters like the twins with this version so people need to take this trade off into consideration.

Also I did manage to hit shotos with 6 of the mk version (although why someone would use 6???) so it is possible and i would suggest people switch to the mk palm for characters of shoto width and larger because given their size there is virtually no difference other than easier execution.

And another note (I’ll post this in my 5 karas thread since its basically the solution) while the walking kara does work after a forward hp it’s actually not necessary (sort of).

oddly enough when you hit a character into the corner with a forward hp in geneijin and hold forward until the end of the recovery of the attack Yun actually recovers MUCH closer than if you simply let go after a forward hp (I AM NOT BULLSHITTING YOU GO TEST THIS YOURSELF IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IT, ps it does not work without geneijin). So when I execute a palm after lets say a 123 xx SA3, hold towards, mp, forward hp, let go of towards right when yun finished the attack, kara kara palm. Note: he does not need to walk forward at all, you can ignore the palm afterwards and just pay attention to his relative position to the super meter underneath with or without this technique to verify it.

Now im not saying this is super easy but it does allow for a lot more time to go back to neutral before inputting the palm.

your info is very true, my friend!
but this works outside GJ as well and that’s why it is possible to hit a kara lunge in almost everyone (some players use f.hp, qcf, hold forward, lk~lp)

Walking forward or back to recover faster applies to shoulder, mk launcher and f.mk as well

even then, the walking kara palm is safer than finding the spot to walk (I wrote the metod down on your thread), and it’s a solid way to hit five in a row

Best info for kara palms… don’t do them.

MK or HK karas are dumb, seriously

The execution may be one frame sooner but the timing for button presses is THE EXACT SAME and it does not go any further. The only time you should ever use the MK one is if you are playing someone like dudley where that one extra pixel forward actually matters even then if you can’t hit foward > neutral> kara palm then you shouldn’t be doing stuff with yun that requires strict execution.

Kara palms are impractical for 99% of situations, the ONLY time you should really go for them is after a successful close s.mk in the corner otherwise it only does 4 points of damage more on average AND you have a good chance to miss an ender due to spacing… so just take the normal combo and get your meter and stay in on them and take advantage of the oppertunities that you get.

This may seem hipocritical of me because i constantly use them even if i don’t need to… but thats just my style of play.

I don’t play yun, I’m just trying to get all the techniques I can about this game down. But can someone help me on just a regular kara palm the

st. mp, qcb lk ~ lp kara

whats the timing of it? I have lks coming in and sometimes cr. lp. I think I’m doing it too slow, but going any faster almost seems impossible.

if anyone knows any videos of someones hands doing a kara palm that might help, or i’ll just ask someone at CF this weekend

edit:

this is my hand positioning

ring finger on mp, thumb on lk and index on lp

easiest way is down>downback>back>neutral>lk>lp you can do the motion slow and you can even pause for a full second after neutral but then lk>lp is done kara speed. motion>buttons think of em separately.