Use of uoh-->SA2 hitconfirm

I played around a bit with it and what I found out is that both cr.cl.LP and st.cl.LK put you in a range where it’s rather easy to pull off, plus you’re totally safe after doing the uoh at that range.

Then I thought “shit, alex doesn’t have any good low moves to make a good mixup out of it and cr.LP doesn’t even have to be blocked low”, of course you could mix it up with 2x cr.LP, sweep, but yeah sweep setups actually don’t rule that much.

Furthermore I noticed, that you can connect SA2 after the UOH on a standing opponent, but is this a hitconfirm at all? If so it would be nice to mix it up with throwsetups.

The only time it seems to make sense is when the opponent has pretty low health so sa2 would kill him without the final throw connecting:

cl.cr.LP, cr.LKxxSA2 as the UOH-hitconfirm’s low counterpart, that’s actually what I think is a complete setup, when high an low attacks have equal damage potential.

I’ve only tried things out on the shotos and chun-li since SA2 fully connects on them after a UOH at max-range.

Well that’s just a bunch of thoughts and I’d like to know if more experienced players really use it and if so how do you set it up?

I purposely get my UOH’s blocked so I can super through retaliation! True story.

Anyway, you got the right idea, chief.

yeah, that’s true, a blocked UOH isn’t the end of days. you probably do it at a closer range than cr.LP pushback, right (depends on the opponents throw range though)?

pseudosmart players thinking they can throw you after a blocked UOH :rofl: …they get supered

You at least break even if the UOH hits and most people go for that throw. Prime time to fire off a super or press that SWEET SWEET ROUNDHOUSE.

ah, I didn’t think about the spartian option yet:rofl:

I do uoh, cl. mk xx super.

No DDT? Might beat late throws or people trying to back away.

blocked UOH into lk/mk/ex stomp is always fun.Its also not as risky as super or st.roundhouse

against me it is.

Yes, you can. And besides, the guy meant he can retaliate against the stomp.

HAHAHAHAHA It’s like a sports commentator saying he’s better than an actual player.

now back to the discussion.

I get grabbed a lot because I spend most of my time blocking. Stomp is slow as fuck, so if I’m blocking and I see a stomp I’m going to option select or jump parry. He doesn’t have the magic eye, he just knows exactly how I play, because we play together on quite often.

Speaking of which, one time I was playing adolfo and he did forward stomp on me and I started buffering super but the cross up made alex do a power bomb instead and just as adolfo’s stomp was gonna hit the power bomb grabbed him out of the stomp. This was long ago, and so we’ve been messing around with it, and came to the conclusion that Alex can be command grabbed out of his stomp with super accurate timing.

We got him with hugos 360
yangs qcb(hfb?)+k command grab
yuns " (" ?) " " " "
Ibukis Raida
Alex’s power bomb
and Makoto’s Karakusa.

I haven’t tried any of the other command grabs cause they’re stupid. I’ll bring proof soon enough, I have a capture card now and am working on hooking it up to the computer soon.

Has nothing to do with the topic but it’s an interesting little tid bit.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Earth to jackhole–We tested things out vs people that, you know, actually play this game. Where the fuck do you play besides bumfuck Timbuktu? :lol:

We also have access to a program pad(shout outs to Fagnetro Combo Video God King Lord) that lets us do things to the single frame.

Please tell me English isn’t your first language and that you’re going to EVO.

You do know you’re talking to the second best ranked ALEX at EVO?

If you’re a troll, my hats off to you, sir.

It’s more than one frame. My timing isn’t THAT great, so it couldn’t be that because when I was testing I was doing it by hand, but we do in fact usually use a program pad. Like I said I’ll keep looking for the video or just make a new one, but I know its true. If you didn’t know that maybe you should keep the technical stuff and you just stick to general trolling. :wink:

I think Don was the best ranked alex at evo. Cause he beat KSK the same round Sanchez won his. Yeah, I think that’s right.

I like:

UOH->Cr. LPx2 xs SA2

and

UOH->DEEZ NUTS ON YOUR CHIN.

-#2 American Alex in America

I didn’t even need to take english I. I always thought those were the remedial ones.

How about a face grab after a blocked UOH?

I don’t try standing attacks after I block one of those, so I wouldn’t expect anyone else too. But shit, you never know. I’ll give it a try tonight.

that’s kinda what my post implied, but I didn’t wanna be a douchebag and totally disregard his post.

i just tap forward option select to beat stomp

Fact: ARRRGH.