Usage for Shocking Pink (the Bomb)

Joe definitely seems like a character that requires dedication to use… but I can’t say that I’m a fan of his moveset. Especially Shocking Pink, his bomb attack. I find it almost completely useless, and to be one of the worst assists in the game. Do you guys have any ideas on how best to use the bomb?

I don’t have the game yet but I’ve played it quite a bit. Just off the bat, if you KO an opponent you can have a B bomb ready for the second opponent to come out. I would throw out the B bomb and then an A voomerang to push the bomb as well as hit the oppoonent. They’ll have to block the voomerang and the bomb explosion and then you can come in for mixup.

Agreed, the bombs are best used for mixups. It’s hard to specify any certain situation for them, but they have their uses.

As for his assist, I can combo long enough in the corner with mega man to have the bomb hit, then launch as they fall from the bomb blast. I’d bet other characters can too.

I guess using it as a mixup is the obvious answer… but other than just a mixup, does it have any uses? Do you guys use one timer more than the others?

Personally, I’ve been experimenting with kicking out 2 C bombs and then an A bomb to detonate all of them.

yea, I haven’t tried combining bombs like that. sounds like something to try. But his mixup with it can be great because if you’re throwing them out all the time, it’s harder for someone to try and rush you down cause you’ll break their combo without a burst. I say when you’re being rushed buffer out some shocking pink bombs, they can save you in a pinch.

[media=youtube]CT2dxpwmfGo[/media]

HURR…and the sad thing is, it should have been pretty obvious, but nobody thought of it until now it seems.

I’m not exactly sure how useful that is. It requires that you Mega Crush after the explosion, which takes 2 bars and takes some life, too. But hey, at least its another option.

the bars don’t mean anything. it’s ryu. he fills up a single super gauge with a single combo.

Only problem is, luckily, Burst. They can still Burst out of the combo itself… The one thing I want to see is how their super meter fills when being hit with this combo, cause maybe if they’re at 0 super you can hit them with this.

Ignoring the actual combo itself, what we see here is that you can use Joe’s bombs to cancel your character’s super animations this way. I’m sure that other characters could make use of it too.