Urien Tutorial: Anyone interested

Considering making a tutorial vid for Urien, wanna know if anyone would be interested. No point in making a vid if no one wants it done!

Yes plzkthxbai

Yea go for it man. It would be good to see how others look at the character, and what tactics they employ.

yes yes please do, I’d love to watch it again and again.

*try to include these chapters:

-Vs ChunLi
-Vs Ken
-Vs Yun

I guess you won’t need assistance but you can PM if you want info or ideas ^^

Ya, do that shit. And try to make the main focus on charge partioning. Been playing for like 3 years ans still can’t do it consistantly…granted I don’t practice it that much considering it isn’t essential to win a match.

If you do make one, please DONT focus on charge partitioning. Just maybe go over what is needed for midscreen unblockables. It is not needed for a tutorial and will only confuse people and make then lead to the “I HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO PARTITION TO PLAY URIEN” syndrome.

I would suggest focusing more on footsies with urien, punishment, and playing safe. Maybe also focus on what characters pokes just completely out prioritize uriens. Going over key match ups would also be good.

pm if you need help with anything, i can try to help.

I really like that point, cause it is so important. Don’t know how you’d go about it, but def worth covering in detail.

Ok everyone thanks for feedback. I’ll get on it now, might take me a while, due to school and what not.

doooo it

do it

but publish it only if it’s good

thats what i think

haha funny :slight_smile:
of course it’ll be good, Urien’s in it

[media=youtube]OlWKUOLkXYs[/media]

Bit of a trailer/teaser for the upcoming vid

Just watched it; I’m sure the video will be nice.
Don’t forget to raise the sound FX volume ^^

Why bother with SA 1/2?

I’m not bothering, its just for the intro! Like how the official 3rd strike japanese tutorials on youtube ared one. You really think I’d include SA1/2 in the finished product? No way my man!

I wouldn’t even bother adding charge partitioning in the vid, if you’re gonna make a basic tutorial. It’s like you’re trying to pick up Hugo and go straight to trying to Tachi Gigas.

P.S.- If you’re going to add SA1 and SA2 in the vid, why not explain why you SHOULDN’T use those Supers instead of Aegis? I’m sure beginning Urien players wonder about that as they actually are great Supers themselves.

I’m into the process of recording and editing. I’m splitting the tutorial into sections. I don’t mean like separate vids, like separate chapters of a book, if you will.Section 1 is nearly complete. Each section will have sub-sections in the form 1.a,1.b,1.c etc.Part 1 is basics, 1.a is normals and focuses on Urien’s best pokes,footsies,the importance of c.jab(IMO,very) and to what effect his normals can be applied. 1.b is specials and goes into detail about Urien’s specials and what ones are worth using. i am not going to elaborate too much on section 1 on how to efficiently use specials, like how to do tackle,tackle,headbutt. that will be for the advanced section. Part 3 will be supers, and what oens are/aren’t worth using and why. Obviously, the importance and advanced use/discussion of Aegis reflector is for advanced section. I’m pretty much into section one, the basics part. I’ll be starting into section 2 very soon.

It will be done by next week, the latest, next weekend. The video is a decent quality, good sound and small file size. It will be hosted on Youtube and combovideos.com

Again, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sweet. Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

Friday night’s always give me loads of free time so I can get a lot of it done tonight and this evening!

I have a history assignment to do tho :frowning:
I’ll just the assignment off till sunday :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome.Can’t wait to see what’s in your head.I wanted to make one too, but focusing more on how to freestyle aegis setups with Urien.Specific instances when risk/reward plays an important role.