Urien Tech - Illuminati Approved!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB8XREQRWIs

[quote=“Mr.X, post:41, topic:181098”]

[/quote]

What if they jump back with a button on the way down?

[quote=“HiyaMaya, post:42, topic:181098”]

The jump throw OS involves the jump and throw tech happening as they are jumping up so they’ll be in recovery on the way down from light kick or air throw whiff if they have air throw.

https://youtu.be/4VlspPv3LdY

Hey homies, I have a mixup tech question.

When you activate Aegis, and the dude’s in a combo, we all know the crhp, f+mp tackle under mixup.

But the thing is, it’s always a cross under. I don’t have a “un-crossunder” version, so once the opponent catches on to it, there’s no real mixup.

Or is there? This is a legit question I’m asking here.

For the cross under version, I usually do
fmp, hp, aegis, mp, crmp, crhp, fmp, lk tackle (whiff), and opponent lands on the aegis for a cross under. I do crmp to bring me a tiny bit closer to the aegis, in order to do the tackle cross under properly. The lk tackle can also be replaced with hp headbutt for the same effect.

For the non-cross under version, I usually do
fmp, hp, aegis, mp, mp, crhp, fmp, lp headbutt (whiff), and there’s no cross under. I land in front, and try to hit.

However, I haven’t figured out how to do the non-cross under version where the opponent LANDS ON the aegis. At high level, this is necessary, otherwise my opponent can see that I don’t crossup and block my next button.

In essence, if I can’t figure out how to do a non-cross under version where the opponent lands on the aegis, I might as well kiss this tech goodbye as it becomes a low level gimmick. Anyone who’s seen it once can block it.

Thoughts?

I use L or H headbutt since tackle doesn’t have a non-crossup set up.

Ok so I understand using lp or hp headbutt, but I don’t find it strong.

Hp headbutt makes sense, because the opponent lands on the aegis, so if he’s blocking the wrong way, the moment he lands it hits and he’s done.

But lp headbutt is too weak, because the opponent lands NEXT To the aegis, so if he’s blocking the wrong way, he has enough time to readjust and block the right away based on where you land.

Do you have any tech where you can do the lp headbutt and he lands ON the aegis?

LOL season 2 frame trap:

Cr.mk from around 75% range on block>ex tackle. It’s only 5-8 frame gap and from that range players will be using mediums or or jumps after the blocked cr.mk since they think it’s minus. Shits hitting like everyone lol.

What about c.MK to c.MP frame trap? c.MK +2 and c.MP 6f startup so only 4f moves or faster.Combos into c.MP again on CH and still leaves you +.

Will test when i get home.

Noticed that f mp x lk tackle cross under is less lenient in it’s piano timing window.

Fellow Uriens,

I find the Cr.HP into whiff Headbutt into Cr.Hp very inconsistant. I’ve tried releasing the headbutt early, late, tried different ranges for the first Cr.HP… Sometimes it works, sometimes the second Cr.Hp whiffs because I cross under, sometimes I must press it too late. Any scientific info about that? Would be really appreciated. To me it seems like max range Cr.Hp is the most reliable one, but I would love some feedback.

Other than that, the new Urien feels amazing, hope you’re all having as much fun as I do stomping those online warriors :wink:

There’s a certain range you need to be for cr.FP so the wiffed headbutt dosent put you too far under them. Too close with cr.FP and they’ll just fly over you; too far and you wiff the second hit. The ideal range is just close enough so cr.HP hits twice. I find using j.FK gives the best spacing for this setup, as j.FP tends to leave you just out of range. Works great for jump-ins over fireballs since you’re normally pretty spaced out. Hitting them with the ankle of j.FK gives the perfect spacing. It looks too far, but cr.FP moves you forward enough to put you in range. This method gives you some wiggle room on the second cr.FP juggle since it feels like you can do it a bit early.

You can actually land this while hitting the cr.FP from point-blank as well, you just need to wait REALLY late to do the cr.FP after the whiffed headbutt.

The f.MP xx headbutt and tackle cancels are a lot harder now, to the point where I can only do tackle by almost plinking it, and headbutt only comes out if I do a really weird 36987 motion to get the timing right.

welp my f throw headbutt loop setup no longer works…

Hi Shin Ein,

many thanks for the tip. I’ll try to get a precise feeling with the range with some training, until I’m confident enough using it reliably. Failing this combo after a well placed Cr.Hp is the worst thing that could happen during a match. Do some of you guys use it already in ranked reliably?

Long story short:
double cr hp x combo x CA = LESS DAMAGE, MORE STUN (466 dmg / 418 stun)

single cr hp x combo x CA = MORE DAMAGE, LESS STUN (481 dmg / 375 stun)

Damn you damage scaling.

I think the whole point of the double cr.FP is that you get a higher launch which enables you to tack an extra EX tackle at the end of your combo for some extra damage. If you’re going into Critical Art, the general idea is to either link together your most damaging normals (keeping the combo short) so you can get better scaling on the CA due to a lower combo count, or get as many hits in the combo as you can to off-set the scaling of the CA.

No problem! I play a lot with some friends of mines, and after learning it a few days ago, I’m still programming it into my muscle memory. It’s hard to break out of the habit of going straight into FP fireball ~> Tackle. Right now i can only do this combo when i have time to think about it, like on stun, crush counter, charged s.FK, or jump-in. The risk of dropping it is too high since i’m going to lose out on over 200 damage if i drop it. That can easily make the difference in any fight. The timing is going to be even worse online, so i dunno if i’d use it there unless it’s a solid 4-5 bar connection. Of course the idea is to make this optimum damage/oki setup second nature, but it’s still only week 1 with the new changes for me.

Basically the closer you are to them for the first cr.FP , the tighter the timing seems to be for the second cr.fp because of how the hit boxes are lining up. It’s easier for me to to eyeball the distance of my first cr.fp, or my jump-in, rather than adjust my timing for the second cr.fp.

A tip for urien’s doble cr.Hp: very close hit to youre oponent whit the st.Mk and you get the rignt distance

Does anyone know any good (Im talking NASTY) setups into a stunning backthrow?

Im loving that 1 bar backthrow combo for 464 dmg from the general thread and desperatly want to use it against my buddies muahahah

Micro-Walk Charge Buffering…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBpYYZ5MXjg

1. Discovered the back throw x cr mp x fierce hb setup [HEADBUTT LOOP] does not work on
    Birdie, Gief, Necalli, Rog, Laura, Chun Li, Rashid, nor Alex.

2. Double cr HP, with the lp hb whiff in the middle, works up close only on big characters: Gief, Rog, Birdie, and Alex.

3. Up close: you can double s hp from a standing mk or cr mk x Vtrigger for Rog, but not the other three big characters: Gief, Birdie, and Alex

4. Nemo Tech: Bison, Fang, Vega, Sim, Cammy, Karin, Ibuki, Juri, and Urien don’t land on the aegis for the walk behind s hk. Could be my error…perhaps hitting the ex tackle too late or f mp early/late.
    Maybe you guys can confirm?