Urien Footsie's! A MUST have skill!

ok, thanks! I’ll give it a shot.

Another thing I’ve noticed, is that maybe characters go into that “taller” state right after blocking. I could be wrong, and someone please correct me on this if i am, but you can do stuff like cr.jabs, then s.strong and it will connect on crouchers I think.

Which gets me to thinking about the whole “breathing” crouch animation thing. Is the reason why you are taller on crouching wakeup, because of the whole breathing thing? Perhaps the first frame or so that you have during neutral crouch (after blocking, wakeup, landing, or just pressing down, etc) is always the part of your ducking animation that is the tallest by default? It would explain the wakeup tallness, and the after-blocking thing i described above.

Of course, it could be the whole “blocking makes you bigger” thing as well, that is in pretty much every other SF game, especially crouch blocking. Those who bravely stand at nuetral to make sweeps whiff know what I’m talking about here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, just theory, and if someone could slash it to ribbons that would be nice too. haha

You’re bigger on crouching wakeup because there’s 1 standing frame. So if you’re blocking low on wakeup, and Ken does his meaty far st.fp, you’ll block it standing, then crouch.

Unless you’re Chun.

what about f + MK, is that all good for footsies or crouching MP (no one mentions this move at all) so I begin to wonder if this move can be used for anything

i’ve seen ppl use c.mp, then when the opponent goes for a low counter poke, urien headbutts over the poke, then gets a free throw. that’s kinda a scrub tactic though.

c.mp under remy high boom, :stuck_out_tongue:

good thread, alright what about against alex??? i find keeping a charge is good for avoiding the corner traps, headbutt for def. against the corner trap. and his mp of course is a good poke. i need more though.

and lastly what about against a good ibuki, i mean fuck this is a tough match up for me, she has so many nasty tricks and is soooo fucking fast. i try to do mp spheres to slow shit down, but they can just slide or jump at the right angles, parry it etc. also her footsies are god esp her cr. lp which has retarted frame advantage, and her standing lp does too. not to mention her mp too. man she is a nasty character people always sleep on her.

haha nice. gonna remember that whenever i play a remy again.

s.mk is so good never really used it, but it’s helps big time.

One thing most ibuki players sleep on is Uriens cr. rh. After you knock ibuki down, they all love to wake up with the ex kicks, cr.rh beats that shit clean. Just take one step close and low rh, they always get baited cause they think the ex kicks are completely safe. Another thing is, be aware of her Rh kicks. that over head and fast f+rh is always being used by her. If you can see it, its a free parry into standing strong or throw. I think if you try to fierce she can counter parr, so i just use strong to knock her back or combo into shoulder. When she jumps at me, I normally dont try to parry cause they always have air dagger tricks. I find it best to just jump back and hit forward kick, counter whatever she tries to do. If she parries you, eh take the hit and be patient once you land.

Ibuki’s main drive is to overwhelm you with attacks, she can dizzy you fast so you gotta keep your cool and choose your moments of attack wisely. She rocked fast once the hits start coming in.

J-Cole

yeah that’s good advice against her in the air for real cole. i always try to parry too much. and yeah rape her after ex kicks for sure. and it’s all about momentum. she takes damage bad so if i can get one g combo i have control. yeah i need to use strong for her air stuff more too. good advice man

footsies are fun. even with mr. speedo.

this has probably been covered b/f but what is the best thing to do against akuma’s tatsu’s parry the last one, but that can be a guessing game, just wait it out. I usually pick sa2 in this matchup?? good or not.

can somone answer my question about f + MK and is c. MP all that good against a High LOV

cam: f+mk isnt like chun’s… perhaps use it once in a blue moon, like ken’s f+mk, but dont throw that shit out all day

Cole: f+hk can be punished after a parry, but f+mk can be blocked or whatever, if you parry it and try to throw her, she can even tech If I remember correctly -> SBO2, Finals, Spellmaster J vs some Ibuki? Watch that one

I would usually use throw though, because Ibuki’s tend to block or whatever, and they dont mash on throw after f+mk, especially if they think the overhead will hit, coz they will just miss their throw after hitting then. everytime i try to parry into some attack, it gets blocked =(

Great thread, Mr Cole. Danke.

N

If you wanna beat easy mode Ken you have to learn how to beat max range crouching strong. That’s Ken’s I WIN button against Urien. You can’t really outpoke it once he’s in the sweet spot range and jumping straight up just leads to getting fierced out of the air. Headbutting over it shouldn’t help Urien out if the Ken knows what he is doing. I don’t even care if you parry it, I’ll just block after and eat a stand fierce at worst. That’s all I ever really end up doing if I wanna beat a Urien, walk forward crouch and spam strong. No jumping necessary. Everything else I do, and Ken DOES have like a billion buttons to hit against Urien, is designed to lead into landing the strong into super.

So learn to beat that.

I find that you can use f+mk every now and then in certain situations. Being that it’s 4 in the morning, the only situation I can think of is to use it when they get up. I use it a lot when I play against Dudley. Basically I do a meaty f+mk when they get up which stuffs them out of most normals. Then I do d+lp, d+lk -> lp sphere xx fp aegis. This can push them back about a full screen.

Thumbs up to Ed for giving us a little insight into the Ken mentality. :wgrin:

After turning on training mode and making Ken low strong from max range, the only normal I can find that will beat it every time is Urien’s sweep lol. :rofl: A close second is standing fierce from far to max range. Any closer and it will get beat. But be careful not to whiff it because you’ll get hit.

Also, from JUST outside of Ken’s max crouching strong range, you can do standing RH.

Of course none of this might help you in the heat of battle, and this is all just training mode stuff, but hey, who knows.

EDIT: Another option that might not be so bad is to do UOH when Ken is spamming low strong. Worst case scenario is that you will get hit out of the air and bounce back (and not get hit by SA3). Best case is that you will hit him out of it clean. But if you do it from too far away you’ll get hit when you land.

Yeah, after playing A LOT of kens these past few days…iv found that it is much easier to deal with the slimey spazz happy bastard in mid screen. Fight him their as long as possible…cause you always have room to control space. St rh is good in that same range Gootechs mentioned when he doesnt have super. Otherwise u get owned for free to wise kens. St. Fierce and strong are your best friends, the UOH is new to me so i will definately try that technique out. Lot of the time St. Strong will beat out Kens dash. I found that amusing =D St. fk can do the same, but its just a little slower.

Also, my new main gameplan agaisnt ken is to bait low forward. Purposely whiff st. fk barely out of his low forward range and see if he gets baited. Its a given that ken is going to hit low forward, so the best thing is to just be aware and try to bait it best u can. The worst case scenario is u get hit by st. rh (shrug). They usually do it at the tip which can sometimes be easy to see for a free forward parry. The best solution when they jump is to dash underneath. Fuck even dealing with what they are trying to accomplish, just reset that shit.

Ken so annoying. Low rh with urien is good and can beat moves, but the problem is that ken’s low strong and forward are fast. So you pretty much have to predict when he is going to do it and then hit rh. Problem with that, is Kens are all spazzy, and 80% of the time they can still mash out low forward and hit you as your rh is coming out. Most kens can react to every slow ass move Urien does and low rh aint to fast. So id use it sparringly.

J-Cole

ps: Fuck Shotos =D

Whenever I barely whiff st. mk, I still get shoto cr. mked.

Also, if they do whiff cr. mk,
THEN WHAT? All I can get is one cr. mk back :sad: :sad: :sad:

damn shotos!

Thats pretty much all you do get hehe. It sucks but Urien is about patience and perciseness. Waiting for that one opportunity to strike. Get that 1 low mk on a Ken player enough times they will eventually do something drastic which will leave them wide open to start setting up an aegis trap or more free hits.

Sometimes when they whiff that low mk, and I punish with low mk they try to dash in all quick. They end up dashing right into my standing strong or fierce.

An impatient ken will never see random charge partition headbutt coming =D

Problem i have is i usually get frustrated before the Ken player and start being the drastic one, but im getting extremly better at keeping my cool when fighting shotos. You are pretty much forced to cause they can hit u with a million things that lead into super or uppercut combo. That shit hurts.

J-cole

hey cole, by chance are you ‘afrocole’ from the latest 2-2 FFA ranbat?

i know im a nobody still outside of hawaii, but i think you should calm down with the pokes and ‘footsies’. uriens game isnt all about pokes, and i know you know that, but you should stop spamming f.forward. just my oppinion.