UPDATED (3/10/2012) "This will be over in a nanosecond" - UMvC3 QuickQuestion/QuickAnswer

Alternate Costumes/Themes you would love to see?

Falling slightly outside the “General Discussion” on Zero, as this has nothing to do with gameplay, I thought it’d be worth checking out what you guys would like to see for different looks or themes for our favorite Red Robot.

Costumes:

Mega Man Zero - Even though I wasn’t a fan of the art-style, I loved the slimmed-down, sleek design of the armor. It would make a perfect contrast to his current, bulkier armor.

Absolute Zero - Even though this would have to be toned-down dramatically to work in a fighting game, this “Ultimate Armor” from Command Mission was absolutely awesome. It basically made Zero into Wily’s wetdream, sporting huge bat wings, claws, and vampire-like fangs. Bass would be proud.

Edward Falcon - The Power Stone series never gets any love, and it doesn’t look like it will any time soon. So, given how incredibly similar Zero and Falcon look (even beyond clothes and hair color), who wouldn’t love this WW2-inspred outfit? Captain America would approve.

And finally, additional Themes (hopefully bundled with costumes, maybe? :P)

Armored Armadillo - I can’t speak for anyone else, but this is far-and-away my favorite track in the entire Mega Man franchise. Sure, it’s not really related to Zero, but it’s awesome, and would be made even moreso with a proper, guitar-heavy rendition.

X3 Zero Theme - Admit it; the first time you play X3, it’s a good game. Then, X gets jumped like a little bitch, and gets kidnapped. Just when all hope is lost for the Blue Bomber, Zero busts through the muthafuckin CEILING, and the moment you here his theme, you know “This shit is about to get real”.

Can’t agree more with Absolute zeto.

For those who haven’t seen Absolute Zero before (which wouldn’t surprise me), here’s the official concept art (or so I believe):

The in-game counterpart has vampire-like fangs and grey, straighter hair. Like I said, it would have to be toned-down a bit to work in MvC3, as his animations would be totally unchanged, but I think it would really work as a DLC Costume. Maybe couple it with a Purple-colored Saber, as well, to add a bit more variation.

I love that Absolute Zero costume, it’s absolutely amazing! I was just given massive inspiration for a new fightstick design.

How about that X4 armor that never was? The Mega Man Network ? The Ultimate Uncovering I think that would be an awesome alt.

Speaking of Alts, I doubt MMZ would be used, despite how similar the two may seem or play. MMZ Zero is literally in his own league. Future DLC instead of X perhaps? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, needs moar departure.

I would like to see MMZ

What r the best pad configs for Zero, making it easy to charge buster for combos?

Believe it or not, that concept is actually the inspiration for Absolute Zero, they simply evolve it, to bring more homage to Wily’s “Treble/Gospel Boost” design. You can actually compare the two, and see most of the same concepts in place; both have talons of some sort, both sport “wings”, et cetera.

Also… I also have my reservations about the MMZ costume. Not in that he would play any differently, but simply that it looks so similar to the default costume, simply much more streamlines and slimmed-down (which I’ll admit, would look very cool on X-series Zero’s frame).

Watching some matches from Team Sp00ky, the guy who’s running the stream kept mentioning zero’s glitch… Something when Zero comes in after a character is knocked out.

Anyone know what this is?

If you spam C after doing the dash, you’ll pretty much hit exactly where you want j.C to hit. It’s also pretty fast; perfect for a high/low mixup, and crosses up in the corner. I feel like TK heavy command dash would be preferable to ground heavy command dash.

Going down is a noticeable bit faster than going up.

You can not cancel the launcher into command dash unless you tiger knee it.

His DP assist doesn’t have ridiculous invincibility frames or anything, but it comes out pretty much a character length ahead of the character calling the assist. I’d rate its functionality as pretty standard.

j.C. It does not cross up, however, it just hits on all sides of him so it’s useful for crossups. It also looks like it could make for a pretty convincing fake crossup. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.
EDIT: j.2C is the cross up. It spins the other direction from j.C

TK light raikousen does not hit high. I can’t tell if mid hits high or not because capcom didn’t seem to see fit for training dummies to be able to block both mid and low attacks at the same time? It’s my humble opinion that Zero has some really good options with TK medium raikousen or command dash and an assist like Cold Star for crossup/high/low mixups.

I’ll also point out that rekkoha stays on the screen even if Zero DHCs as long as you make it past the super flash animation. I thought pretty poorly of Zero’s DHC options until I found this out.

I’d say if MMZ were to be represented somehow, I would vote for the Omega Zero color scheme. Darker shade of red, different color saber, etc.

Or a Colonel-themed color scheme. That would be awesome.

Put the dummy on crouch and all block. If the dummy stands to block then it hits overhead. (Guess I can just wait 12.5 hours at this point though).

None of them hit high.

I’d love it if he had the Black Armor alternate look, would be pretty rad. As for a theme, the MMX5 X vs. Zero theme is pretty badass

Lame. Oh well guess I will stick to S for overheads.

Good D-Pad Set ups and other stuff with Zero

Hey guys. Im new to Marvel and so far, Zero is one of the characters that is growing on me hard. It seems that he is very good with zoning and air shenanigans because he has a lot of resourceful projectiles and aerial special attacks. Ive been trying to find ways that can make it easier to charge his charge-projectile and do combos and stuff at the same time with ease on a d-pad. Any suggestions on some good button mappings and/or aerial tactics with him? Please give legitimate answers and no “blasting”. Just tryna figure out some good stuff and get some good ideas going for the community in reference to gameplay for Zero. Post away.

Okay Zero-fans, we gotta step it up! Capcom is obviously planning more DLC Costumes, so maybe we can give em some ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

MMZ hands down

i switched my left trigger to L atk so i can charge the buster easily while doing bnbs

if you want the 3 team hyper just press all the buttons you dont really need 1 button for that imo

so i switched that out

also they have a thread for quick questions just delete this