Upcoming Site Improvements

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2” style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Hi guys,</span></font><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”>Thanks for providing feedback on the migration.  As we all know, there have been some bumps in the road, but we’re committed to improving things.  Despite the hiccups, I’m happy to report that the migration has succeeded in it’s overall goal, which is to improve the site’s performance and reliability.  The new forums load faster than before and we’ve eliminated the pesky down times and crashes of our old setup.</div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”>Here are some of the improvements we’ll be implementing over the next two weeks or so:</div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;”><b>In Progress</b></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”><ul><li style=“font-size: 10pt;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Restore the recent/hot post header at the top of the forum.</span></font></li><li style=“font-size: 10pt;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Allow users to delete their own posts</span></font></li><li><font size=“2”>Support for [img] bbcodes</font></li><li><font size=“2”>Fixed [media=youtube] bbcodes</font></li><li><font size=“2”>Fix the ability to re-show categories that are manually hidden on the front page</font></li></ul></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;”><b>Fixed</b></div><div><ul><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>2/19/2012: Quadrupled the character limit.</span></font></li><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>2/20/2012: Fix Strategy Zone<br></span></font></li><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>2/21/2012: Allow expand/collapse of major sections of the forum front page with the - icon in the upper right of each section.</span></font></li><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>2/25/2012: Fix redirects from shoryuken.com/forums to forums.shoryuken.com.<br></span></font></li><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>2/26/2012: A dark theme, with a selector to choose between light and dark themes.  We will fix the white flash when loading the dark theme pages<br></span></font></li><li><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>2/27/2012: Bigger Avatar size, with support for animated GIFs.  We will fix the blurry scaling of the avatars.</span></font></li></ul></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”>Thanks for your patience as we continue to iron out the speedbumps.</div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”>UPDATE: I’ll use this space to keep you guys notified of everything we’re working on and check them off as they’re completed.</div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”><br></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;”><br></div>

Character limit not on the agenda? Goodbye combo threads. =(<br>

All I care about at this point is the avatar sizes, and you guys are fixing that.<div><br></div><div>Thank you Based God.</div>

Then fix notifications and basic BBC code functions. I tried posting an image and no go with the

code. 

Oh, and one thing that doesn’t seem to be working is putting images into spoilers. Just in case no one noticed. 

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/80076/The%20Martian">The Martian</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Oh, and one thing that doesn’t seem to be working is putting images into spoilers. Just in case no one noticed. </div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, that happened to me. 

delete post option?<br>

<ul><li>image notations</li><li>character limits expanded</li><li>links fixed</li></ul><br>These are much bigger concerns. Those other things are nice, but these are NEEDED now.<br>

Fix the Notification system please

<ul><li style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><span style=“font-family: ‘lucida grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;”>Notifications</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;”>the quote boxes</span></li><li><span style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;”>an archive for my great old threads.</span><br></li></ul>

Restoring the ability to disable signatures would be nice, too.<br>

Sigs?

Is Tapatalk going to be reintegrated?

woot much better priority list now<br>

So how exactly do “levels” work?<div><br></div>

plz no sigs<div><br></div><div>not image ones anyway</div>

The forum itself is way too stretched out, the header on top is not in centre. It looks weird with the rest of the page sticking out on the far right. Also, on the Forum Page, you are being squashed with the chaotic view of not only ALL the different forums but also all the SUB forums. Figured I’d be able to hide it, I clicked the cog wheel and selected hide. This actually removes the very Forum section!! How the hell do I get it back (couldn’t find anything useful in my profile/settings page)? Why not have a clickable section for each game, and when you click it stuff expands. If that’s too difficult to implement atleast hide the sub forums (we dont NEED to have ALL the characters listed on the MAIN forum page). <br><br>So for example:<br><br>Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Forums<br>-> General Discussion<br>-> Newbie Dojo<br>-> Character Discussion<br>----> All characters contained by Character Discussion above<br><br>To clean things up even more, you can have only a header for each game, and have those sub categories expand. Experiment with it. You guys have a lot of games on the forums. <br><br>If I have said anything that is already possible in some way, please tell me. I might have overlooked things, but also please understand that browsing this very site has become a nightmare for me. It’s very unintuitive and chaotic.<br><br>Also, the site is so incredibly white because there is no width limit. It simply stretches out as far as it can. Seeing as how you there’s probably a dark background, if you introduced a width limit the side borders of the site would remain solid dark. This would effectively reduce the brightness of the site, whilst at the same time making the forum nicer and easier to browse. Reading text will be nicer because it’ll be more stacked as opposed to being huge long lines. Information gets more concentrated instead of being spread out, this reduces the overall chaoticness of the website.<br><br><br>I hope this’ll help.<br><br>To sum it up:<br><ul><li>Clickable forum headers which expand to see sub forums contained. Click again to collapse.</li><li>How do you get forums hidden with the cogwheel back? (though this “functionality” might be best removed if you apply the point above)<br></li><li>Set a width limit. (hopefully this will center the SRK Header and reduce overall brightness, if not; Center header and introduce darker elements)</li><li>Show how many likes/agrees/disagrees a post has without having to hover over it.</li><li>There’s probably more, I might add things later.</li></ul><p><br></p><p>edit: I’m running Firefox 19.0<br></p>

THANK YOU!  <div><br></div><div>That’s all we needed - a little communication.  </div><div><br></div><div>Everything listed sounds great.  The only thing not in the original post that is a big concern is the notifications system which definitely isn’t working as it should or needs to have further notification options (currently I DONT get notified when my posts are quoted, liked, agreed/disagreed with).  </div>

Can we add “make sweet love” to that list?

Bring back the old button icons.<br>