UOH corner crossups and kara-flash kick

Howdy all.

Inspired by Pierrot’s Chun setup vid (linked below), I’ve tested some corner crossover setups on all the characters. The kara-UOH is MP~MK. To stay in front, reverse-kara UOH with close HK as seen in the Pierrot video. (cl.HK~MP+MK). Do whatever you’d like after the crossover, but I use it primarly for cl.mk SA2 confirms.

Against shotos and Makoto, pause just for a little bit after the dash, so that the UOH coincides with the roll.

Alex
N throw > HK RRF, dash dash, crossover.
N throw > kara-LK RRF, dash, kara-UOH, crossover.
D-throw > dash crossover. Pause for a split second to stay in front.

Chun
Pierrot’s video.

Dudley
N throw > kara-LK RRF, dash, pause, kara-UOH.
D-throw > dash crossover. Pause for a split second to stay in front.

Elena
D-throw > dash crossover.
N throw > HK RRF > dash crossover. Normal UOH and even reverse-kara RH UOH goes over her, you have to take a small step back to stay in front.

Hugo
N throw > HK RRF flash, immediate kara-MK CBK (qcb+MP~MK) fake crossup. Delay to go behind.

Ibuki
Can’t be crossed up :<

Makoto
N throw > kara-LK RRF, dash.

Necro
Same as Elena.

Oro
N throw > kara-MK RRF, dash, kara-UOH.

Q
Can’t be crossed up

Remy
Can’t be crossed up. N throw > kara-MK RRF, dash, kara-UOH looks like a decent fakeout, though.

Shotos
N throw > HK RRF, dash, kara-UOH.
N throw > kara-LK RRF, dash, kara-UOH, crossover. (easier timing)

Twelve
N throw > HK RRF, dash kara-UOH.
N throw > HK RRF, dash, pause, dash.
D throw > dash. To stay in front, quickly tap back just before dashing.

Twins
Can’t be crossed up.

Urien
N throw > HK RRF, walk up kara-UOH.
D throw > dash (Vanao does it all the time, it must be good =P)

There are probably loads more, but these are some basic ones I found after about an hour of testing. The D throw dash through is quite good if you’re cornered and back throw them.

You’ll see kara RRF is listed a few times there. As you know, Remy’s neutral throw juggle doesn’t work on a lot of characters. However, it’s quite easy to make it work as all you have to do is kara the flash kick. The easier method I’ve found is QCF+MP, U/F+LK/MK.

I have absolutely no trouble doing this offline in actual matches. It’s required against Dudley, Ibuki, Oro, Remy and the Twins. If you’re not confident in the execution, it’s safe to attempt LK flash as you’ll recover long before they do, even if they quick roll. MK flash is safe to attempt against Ibuki and Oro quick rolls. Substituting HK RRF for kara-LK RRF in the above juggles will also make the timing easier for the UOH crossover, as noted a few times. I feel it’s essential in getting out a little extra damage in Remy’s corner game, especially as it works against 3 of the top characters.

The only thing to remember about kara-RRF is to charge down, not down-back, during the throw animation as using my method will get you a low LOV. Oh, and make sure the person you’re playing actually quick rolls before trying it. You’ll look a bit of a wally for cornering yourself and losing your mixup.

Hope that helps!

Great job.
Interesting idea with the kara flash doing qcf. I just let the stick go to neutral, tap mp, then up and kick. that timing was really helpful to get the feel of other stuff for me but everyone is different. i’ll try your method too. because online in any kind of lag i seem to miss it 90% of the time. maybe qcf works better.