University of Texas at Arlington

anyone play any fighting games around here? maybe just marvel because that’s all I can really play hah

TTT2 was pretty popular at the gaming station set up in the pool hall, but the pool hall is gone now. I’m sure a lot of the guys are still around, but I don’t know if there’s anywhere to regularly play. If anyone knows more, I’d appreciate the info.

Those of us at the pool hall have all basically left (most have graduated or are about to. The others who have left, like me, changed schools). Before we played a wide range of games but they closed down the old pool hall because it wasn’t active enough, despite it being full and the only decent place to hang out at UTA. Currently we have not found a new place to set up other then the MAC which most of the group was against as some of us were not students at UTA any more and we’d have to pay $10 for parking ontop of the 5-10 MAC fee. Then at the MAC there was no guaranteed TV for us to hook our PS3s (we were PS3 only) upto. Some of the people go to the new pool hall at the MAC because they play pool but no fighting games are there. The rest who are there I hear lounge around near the old pool hall and just talk and play Monster Hunter. At most in the MAC you’ll find a TV room where people play Smash.

Also UTA denied us becoming an official fighting game club for some weird reason, but then established a SCII, LoL, and esports club. Which the esports club has no FGC from what I remember.

And to throw in TCC SE since it’s also a bit down the street from UTA. It seems to entire FGC here turned into LoL. Every now and then one guy brings his PS3 turning into either Divekick, MvC3, Chaos Code, or SFIV. There is a strong smash scene at TCC SE too, if you’re into that.

If you guys would like to set up a local event or something I’d be willing to try and get some of the others from the old UTA FGC to join up, but that might be a bit hard to do. If it’s somewhere on campus it’d be easier to help you guys out. However if we’d have to set up one off campus it makes things a bit tricky.

I go to UTA and am getting into Tekken again. I remember that Poolhall when I was a freshman and regret not going there enough to play Tekken. What all gaming organizations are there on campus? I’ve only heard of GOC (Gamers on Campus) and didn’t know about any others. Besides Tekken me and some of my friends play Smash a lot. This semester is pretty busy for me since I’m a senior however I would not mind meeting up.

If you want someone who is good at Tekken to play against go to the new pool hall. Ask some of the people if they play Tekken ( I refuse to post names of my friends online) and some will say yes. A black guy and a Vietnamese guy (not much help with the description there) are who you should be looking for. They are both good at Tekken and can give you a run for your money.