Universal Rule Set

What’s up everyone?! New here to Shoryuken.com and just wanted to show my appreciation for being here. I wanted to see if anyone, that plays Super Smash Bros. Brawl for tournaments, that know of the Universal Rule set. I’m trying to figure out if there has been a rule made, along the lines similar to that game, set for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal. I know it might be a bit different in comparison to Super Smash Bros, but I’m hoping to set my sites for anyone who can give me an insight on a proper rule set, so as to get this tournament rolling. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time everyone!

Hi Vorlord. Welcome to SRK!

At the moment none of the Seattle-area FGC events have held a PSASBR tournament. Two events this Saturday are willing to (provided enough players respond beforehand) The Beatdown 18 at Best Bout in Portland, OR and Battle for Seattle at Gamebreakerz in Auburn, WA. The ruleset for both these events is TBD.

I can tell you what I am looking at for BFS which I am involved in. For 1v1, 2 stock is looking to be the best choice due to character inbalance at 3 stock (lv3s) and the length of 4 stock. For 2v2, we would likely use the same ruleset Wednesday Night Fights is currently using. Kill Limit: 5, items on, stage hazards on, teams must be composed of different characters. In all formats, matches would be 2/3.

I hope this helps!

EDIT: Last week, WNF changed 2v2 to Kill Limit: 3. It seemed to work well, if a bit fast.

Thanks for the information. I’ll be sure to keep that in mind. Guess the kill limits would be faster, but depending on rounds they provide I assume that will be the better method.