unfly

how to do doctor doom unfly infinite

Doom doesn’t need unfly mode to do his infinite. His dive kick counts as a speciel move… which you are allowed to do after unflying…

ergo its more of a refly combo…

Either way…

its in the corner… launch… sj.lk, sj.mk, sj.hk xx fly. unfly… repeat… once you get them high enough you can just start doing lk, hk xx fly, unfly…

there are a few slight variations… but this is what works easiest for me.

Honestly in the corner doom has some really good options that can as much or more dmg. His normal air BnB with an air throw reset into wtver xx air photon array will net more dmg and be easier to pull off.

Unless you are talking about an infinite I have never seen that does use unfly mode with doom… I’ve never seen any combo put it to use…

actually a good sub question… anyone know of unfly combos with doom? how bout just fly combos? or airdash combos that actually extend the combo more than just mixing up?

best air dash combo i came up with was just to add 3 extra hits before canceling an aircombo to air photon… but its tricky and nets barely more dmg…

Dive kick is not considered a special first off, it’s a normal…although you can use it during an unfly keep in mind that by connecting with the Dive Kick you lose whatever Unfly you happened to have due to the hits’ recoil.

That variation of the infinite is the old version, for some smaller chars (Storm, Ryu, Cammy, Mega Man, SPiral and such) will not get hit by the second F.LK and will fall out of that said infinite. The better option is launch, sj.LK, sj.LP, Dive Kick xx Fly, [F.LK, F.LP, Dive Kick xx Fly]. While the air MK hits higher than it should, the air MP hits at that right low angle where if they seem to be too low it’ll still connect and bring them up some for the Dive Kick to combo.

While Doom has air throw reset options in the corner for mass damage, they are still techable. Although the opponent may seem as if they’re gaining an advantage, Doom (with the proper movements/execution) can guard break them and start up an infinite from there. It is also possible to relaunch them if you so happen to get an air FP throw on them (without them teching) at a very low altitude, though this may require a double FP throw (which give the opponent more chances to tech).

There are unfly corner combos with Doom, but as far as an actual infinite off of it it’s nigh impossible since (like I’ve said before) the Dive Kick nulls any saved up unfly you may have. The most recent Meikyousissui (J00) vid showcases this about 1 minute into it iirc…

As far as unfly combos there aren’t really any practical ones whereas the old school BnB air combos will do you good regardless. Flight combos are only possible with assist obviously, as Doom’s startup on Flight mode make it impossible to combo anything solo (he’s not Sentinel after all). The only air dash combo I can say besides a BnB air combo xx ad up/uf APA is a zero-meter aspect: ‘launch, /, sj.LK, sj.LP, sj.LK xx ad/up/uf, ad.LK, ad.LP, ad.LK, Photon Shot’. The photon is thrown in there because its pretty much safe on block and tacks on that extra chip damage after the combo is over.

Yea the divekick recoil would remove unfly…

fastfly doesn’t really seem to help doom recover from flying much quicker…

best airdash combo i’ve found only adds 3 non-fierce hits… so not worth the added execution required.

Only thing I can’t say I’ve looked into much is some form of unfly combo. Unfly… unlike dooms slow flight mode… should recover instantly… meaning if you could get yourself into a fly combo then some things should be possible… but I can’t find a solo fly combo that works… let alone one that sets up some type of unfly.

Doom’s sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.mp, sj.lk, sj.fk, adf xx photon array still seems like his best option.