Unblockable Funny Face Crusher resets: level 3 and 4/5

Did you look at the ones that I posted earlier? I have a capture device on the way and can record them, but thats what I have for now.

Oh sorry, I should have clarified. I meant the ones Noel did, neither of them struck me as terribly reliable/good. The ones you posted certainly have potential; getting a reliable consistent level 3 one would certainly help and the level 4 one might allow slightly more optimized combos/easier accessibility for solo Frank setups. As I had said I found standing M to be inconsistent in 3 (though admittedly I barely tinkered with it) and I honestly didn’t try 4 since I had already found a setup/questioned whether 4 would work with the chainsaws. I’ll tinker with standing M and see how it pans out next time I hit the lab.

If you can do some capture card work with it that’d definitely be great; I think there’s -lots- of people who could make use of this tech (including some of the “pros”) but since it’s not a video/on other sites the word isn’t out. Would love to see the tech get put to better work and give Frank more viability as a character to those who are willing to take the plunge in using him.

The more I look at it the more I just don’t know. Interesting enough though it looks like FFC auto corrects if the opponent is above you. Been testing stuff with :dp::l: into FFC so it activates below that. Its been showing unique results though.

Another idea:

Using a capture state such as Tron’s Beacon Bomb(?), Spider man’s web ball, trash peekaboo, etc and then DHC’s into Frank’s FFC as they pop out. That could have some potential to it.

Auto-correction is one of those things that to the best of my knowledge is poorly understood. My guess would be there’s some input tolerance (similar to how you can buffer links up to 4 frames) and if it registers the opponent on the other side it corrects the input direction for you, but I don’t know of a proper way to test that. That said, if there’s a way to get it to consistently auto correct even if they tech forward, you might as well call it mission accomplished, GG lol.

I like the idea of using fake roundhouse for spacing, definitely going to tinker with that next time I get a chance ( haven’t tinkered with consistent Standing M results yet either, I’ll update the thread and credit accordingly once I do).

I’m sure capture states like that would work. There’s plenty of footage on she-hulks doing similar setups. Only problem is You’d have to get Frank leveled, then get him out to even put him in a position to capitalize on such a setup whereas She-hulk can do it entirely off the bench. It no doubt has potential for solid setups, though I question the reliability given the need for leveling Frank first.

To my understanding if you input the super when you are beneath them and then press the attack buttons after they pass over you, you SHOULD turn around. Doing some experimenting with it, but I am just plain bad at execution right now. I should also have my capture device here soon and can record your above setups and make a video out of them if you like (all credit to you of course).

Just wanted to let you guys know that I have an example video posted for the Frank West standing M reset (lvl 5 in the video). I will get some more in depth stuff when I get a chance as well as show off different tech directions and the like:

[media=youtube]iF3o1bmtFuc[/media]

Thecape and I have done a lot of testing, experimenting, and discussion on various aspects of the reset, different ways to implement it, and what characters it does/doesn’t work on, among other things. I’m going to be gradually updating the first post to make it more clear/include the updated information, and we’re also going to be working on putting it into a video tutorial. Stay tuned, 'cause there’s a lot of good stuff coming your way!

Original post has gotten a massive overhaul and is up-to-date as of 3/10. A few minor tests still need to be done, and The Cape and I are working on video examples still.

Excellent work. I will do my part and start putting together these video examples here very soon as we hope that these techs can be used far more often by many of the community members. I would also like to point out that Zansam and I have also been talking methods for inescapable FFC on incoming characters as well and will hopefully have some follow up on that after we complete what we have here.

alright, the other day I did this combo which caused them to air reset inches from the ground (in the corner). When I had it set to forward tech, frank’s FFC crossed them up (e.g. he grabbed them when they were behind him). Haven’t quite got the timing down, but i figured had the right timing/hit stun decay when I had to do knee-drop instead of j.s or they would fall out of the combo:

lvl4/5 frank

j.b, j.b, cr.a, cr.b, st.b, st.c, cr.c, S, j.b xx l.tools, j.b xx m.tools, (land), S, j.b, j.b, j.c, knee drop, (land) h.tools, m.tools (reset) FFC etc.

I haven’t done a lot of testing but I did it on Hulk, so that may have skewed the results.

To the best of my knowledge, there’s a dot in a character sprite that determines left/right. The FFC reset is a window of some frames (how much I don’t know per se, but still), and so when they tech forward even though it’s inescapable, sometimes within that window their dot will pass yours and it’s considered a crossup. Makes the follow-up combo/loop a lot easier, but it’s inconsistent (and not really needed either).

Thecape and I tried different ways to change the spacing so that it’d auto-correct for a crossup, but we couldn’t find a way to get it to consistently do so.

Long and short of it, sometimes it crosses up on a forward tech, it makes the combo easier, but doesn’t change whether or not they can escape.

ahh thanks. And something that’s also probably known: you know when you relaunch after m.tools in the air and you land inside the corner, you can roll and cancel into h.tools and it’ll auto-correct so you can get the m.tools toward the corner.

edit: if you’re knocking down with knee-drop instead of S.

The proof of concept for something like this is very simple.

Record yourself doing the reset with the record/playback feature. Do the combo, and Playback the reset ending from some stationary point(Like, an OTG, which won’t be affected by discrepencies in the timing of when you push Playback, etc). Change the opponent’s tech direction to the other two options, and repeat.

If people go through the trouble to make a video, trying to demonstrate a reset that’s supposed to catch techs in various directions, why wouldn’t they do something simple like this?

Recordings are context-insensitive. They just execute the inputs and ignore spacing/how close you are to the corner, which means you need to consistently replicate the same spacing to get the same results, which in some instances can be tedious. Not to say it can’t be done, but you’re liable to run into a few kinks.

Regardless, using the three techs to show the reset working on characters without Double Jump/Air Dashing mobility has already been done. For Double jumpers/Air Dashers, TheCape had a friend stop by to help him record the options for those. Given that Frank’s options are partially dependent upon the opponent’s decisions, while it could probably be done solely with recordings it’s a lot easier to have another person.

We have video ACTION action action…

TheCape’s video of the FFC reset has been embedded in the original post. Give him some kudos people, he did a great job compiling it. Thanks again!

laughs evilly

Bwahahahahahahaha! More Frank tech to be a living horror to!

Thanks for working on this project. I’ll do my best to incorporate it into my gameplay.

@TheCape: good shit dude…very nice…

DAT RESET!
On a more serious note, does that become a reset-infinite in level 4-5? I noticed that Frank built a full bar off of one reset, which would allow him to do this indefinitely. Was it just the training mode regen, or is this seriously an “infinite”?

The Reset-infinite is dependent upon assists. Since Frank has to use his groundbounce (or OTG + assist, but that’s less useful because then he’s stuck in the corner unless the assist lasts long enough to let him cross under) to start the follow-up, he needs an assist to aid in some way to let him set it up at the end. Nova’s an easy choice since he always groundbounces.

It also depends on the level. Level 3 followups are slightly meter negative (just barely, about 1/10th of a bar or so), unless you level up during the follow up and finish with a level 4 Tools M (the 5 hits build a sickening amount of meter. If you do Nova DHC >> Frank Tools tacking on two Tools M at the end of that combo builds like 70% of a bar), whereas Level 4 follow-ups build about a bar and a half.

There’s also the practical consideration that if you get a standard BnB + the reset, the follow up combo will kill 1 mil + in level 3, and up to Thor in level 4 (though Thor can air-dash escape :frowning: ). But yes, it’s reset-infinite in 4-5 with assists. My next order of business is to find ways to force/prime players to do standard jumping in order to try to get raw FFCs, and use those to put the looping aspect to work. Or on tag ins, that’d be nice too (there’s already been some work on that front with Jumping S too!).

Does the assist have to groundbounce or does it just have to hold them in the air? I personally use Doom Rocks for camera follow ups if my point dies, so I’d be happy if that or something similar works. Also, what characters have a practical air dash? Would Hsien-Ko, Iron Man, Dorm, and/or Ammy be able to dash out? While I’m asking, how much invincibility does FFC have? In the release trailer, he went through Skrull’s Inferno, but it was beaten out in the video. Can’t wait to see the standard jump tech. My suggestion: "Act like you’ve gone full-on retard and just crouchblock mid-screen.:xeye: " I think most characters will need to jump in for that overhead.