Un-official changes to Rose in Ultra

I spoke with Peter ‘Combofiend’ at Evo just after the panel there, and he told me the most significant changes for Rose would only be improving damage on her normals, and her EX Soul Spiral will have invuln all the way until it activates. He said they weren’t planning on speeding up her Ultra 1. (I know this isn’t an official announcement and I expect people to be skeptical, but it is what it is)
Thoughts? Will this make Rose viable?

lol Rose will still be the same while most of the cast will have some matchup factor changes. Rose didn’t need a damage buff. Yes, it’s cool. But definitely not necessary when she could have other, better stuff.

all they need to do is improve the hitbox on all versions of her drill maybe increase hit stun of cr mp by 1 as well so that cr mp+drill(any versions) hits as long as cr mp hits every time…improve her fb game its god awful…increase startup of reflect slightly and finally add more stun on hit her fireball that way you can fadc into ultra 1 without burning three bars(will prob make her ultra 1 more viable) anyway just these little improvement would greatly help her imo also MAKE CLOSE STAND MK work on ibuki jeez( i hate that B&*%#@!) hopefully capcom does her justice

I don’t think you want to increase the start up of reflect may reduce the start up would be better. I’d like more active frames on her hp reflect imo. As for drill connecting maybe the start up could reduced on her spirals and add a few pixels on her hitbox on them. (sometimes it whiffs when it shouldn’t.)

Yeah, I asked him specifically about increasing hitstun (my thought to make cr.mpxx mk spiral connect w/o counterhit) but he basically laughed at me, saying she doesnt need any modification to hitstun >.<

Any specifics on how much of a damage increase she will get on her normals? Depending on how much it could be quite a substantial buff.

if its not makoto damage, it wont change much lol

As long as we can do at least 170-180 meterless i’m totally fine with it.

That’s the thing. People talk about bringing all low tier/ mid tier character to the top tier levels so that everyone is “equal” but that sort of change is nothing when paired with the other things she will get and when you compare it with what other stuff people are getting.

Why are you (or anyone) fine with that Genistar? I men 180 for a bnb is solid but its not something i would settle for especially if other things aren’t getting fixed. There a plenty of things that could and should be adjusted with rose and hopefully they intend to fix more then what vaguely listed in the initial change log.

with all the rumors going on about ultrasf4, i find myself already theorizing about ultra strategies… at first i thought rose was going to gain a HUGE advantage being able to select both ultra (big punish U1 and xfactor U2), but is the alleged damage reduction (66% max for each) going to make U1 useless ? it would be a mere 330~ damage at full power, which is less than U2+small combo at 100%…

yahoooo! as of now, the red focus seems to still be armor-breakable ! soul spiral says THANKS :smiley:

I just meant for doing average damage in general. There are other things I want changed, like having an actual reversal, a slight buff with her u1, and a better fireball.

I think Rose will be a lot better. Using w ultras is probably the best option since ultra 2 is used to control space, rather than for damage and. With the reduced dmg on u1 it will still allow you to punish things you would not have been able to punish, so even if the dmg isn’t as high it’s still better than nothing.

Red focus will help with Rose’s bad defence and people won’t really be able to use red focus on her because of soul spiral. If the final system change is some sort of roll or varied wake up timing this will also help her out A LOT. Now she won’t die after 1 knock down and if the opponent can’t take advantage of kd against Rose she’ll be very strong. A lot of the cast needs that 1 kd against Rose to win and if they can’t benefit from it as much then she has a much easier time staying alive.

Well unless u1 is improved i don’t think W will be very helpful at the moment.

if it stays like this, i guess i’ll still use 100% U2 most of the time and for the few match-ups where i m using U1, i’ll go with both ultras. but we’ll see with practice i guess.

If U2 orb duration/damage isn’t nerfed when selecting UW I will definitely use it.
I still hope U1’s startup gets decreased though.

AND, now it’s even more important her fireball game gets buffed. She can’t have such massive startup/recovery when so many characters have anti-fireball Ultras and will also be able to use their other Ultra.

You guys keep talking like U1 is getting buffed. Combofiend told me in person that it wasn’t going to happen.

The thing is that, decreasing the startup (let’s say, 2F) wouldn’t be enough.

U1 has 2 hitboxes, one that comes in front of her and another one that appears near the end of her scarf during the last 5F active frames.

If we would like U1 to become a strong AA projectile ultra, it should get at least 2F reduction and make the 2nd hitbox come 3F earlier.

smells gooooodd