Ultra SF4: EX Fukiage Mixups

I have still problems do this combo midscreen, but works great in the corner. I keep trying.

I think I should post this here,even though it’s old and people already know it,but it will be more usefull in ultra.
Fake crossup (corner)
Ex fuki, inmediatly jump HP, cr.HK, something

This works just like old Yang mixup, where it looks like he crosses up, but then he reapears in the other side

I’ve run a few test, and this is still spacing and character specific. Doesn’t work all the time.
Doesn’t works from the exact middle of the screen against medium characters ( Ryu ) but works against big characters ( Hawk )
As soon as you’re 1/3 from midscreen to a corner it works on Ryu again.

Went into training mode and tested, she can land ultra 2 and dash into fuki if you do fuki from st lk. It’s weird though it doesn’t land on big bodies like gief or small ones like chun. I gotta do more testing but shotos have worked constantly.

Found a meaty karakusa in the corner that can look a bit weird I guess :

Corner :
EX Fuki > instant jump back jHP > dash > LK karakusa.

I would advise everybody to hit the lab and explore the gold mine that is EX fukiage as a completely invisible instant crossup after resets such as j.hp.
Absolutely devious after cr.lk reset, as in focus crumple, whiff tsurugi/n.jump/f.jump, cr.lk, EX fukiage crossup.

I toyed around with it for a few hours, it’s crazy fast. EX fukiage kara-cancelled from f.lp is really fast and goes about half screen, nets you more damage than i.e. EX hayate as a long range punish.

Edit: I should probably mention that I’m still playing the PC mod, hope this works on PS as well.

If you’re talking about ExFukiage crossunder, like after j.hp, I’m sorry to tell you that it cant be done in usf4. They altered ExFukiage hitbox to prevent it, unlike PC Mod usf4 ExFukiage cant hit crossunder at all.

MIDSCREEN

St.HPxxEX Fuki,dash,LP Fukiage works. Tested on Ryu.

Is the LP FUki reversed like after Ultra 2 ?

No,just dash,LP Fuki in the same direction and EX Tsurugi. I’ve tried that after @Ace2aKing‌ video and I’ve noticed we don’t need st.mp to make double fuki combo work. Later I test that on other characters.

Yea you can do other normals too but some are character specific. Still working on compiling a combo guide for characters that fuki combos on midscreen. I know it doesn’t work on chun or gief which is weird.

My midscreen setup work on Ryu,Ken,Gen,Dan,Viper,Abel. I didn’t test that on the last line of characters,I did that later.

Another mindfuck: after a regular FA+fuki or st.mpxxEX Fuki we can wait a bit before j.hp. We don’t need to JC the fukiage. After that we land in front our opponent ready for a bait,meaty, karakusa or a tsurugi. Funny. Works on all the cast except Cody.

What happens against Cody ? The jHP whiff I guess ?

Yes, whiff completely because he fall to far. If you remember Cody is the only character where we can’t do fuki x2.

Yeah I know he’s weird for that, Yun can’t do EX Upkick > LP lunge on him for example.

Has anyone found some decent post HK axekick mixups if they don’t quickrise ?
From quickrise there’s a bunch of stuff pretty obvious, but non quickrise give you a lot of time and I’m not good at creating setups t_t

What are your obvioua setups aftwr Hk tsurugi? (I did some crossup tsurugi but timing is tight).

Setups after HK tsurugi arent that simple, since you can do it at different height, changing knockdown frames advantage

If they quickrise you can do dash and karakusa, timing work out pretty good for it. Or meaty oroshi. I see Misse do those a lot.

When they don’t quickrise you have a lot of time but I can’t find anything that work great.

That’s sweet. I’m totally using that. How meaty is it? Could you Dash LP or MP meaty?

It’s not exact (still playing with it) but I do:

HK tsurugi -> dash -> s.MP

and if not quickrise:

HK tsurugi -> dash -> s.MP -> dash -> jab -> s.MP