Ultra SF2 General Discussion - We need the CPS1 music!

Any bets on when the following characters are banned in tournaments:

Akuma
Evil Ryu
Violent Ken

look like Violent Ken.

Mode Suggestion
1.) ST Classic Mode -for the purist and the hardcore.
2.) Tournament Mode -Bringing back the nostalgic classic SNES mode now with options to skip CPU-vs -CPU Matches with a settings that can adjust the match/battle and round count for the whole tournament playthrough.
3.) Group Battle - Same with the nostalgic classic SNES mode.
4.) Buddy Mode - That has 2v1 and 1v2 options
5.) Extra Survival - The best new mode from GBA revival

6.) Extra Arcade - With Enchanced CPU Shadaloo 4 Bosses = with unlimited super or max super in a beginning of a round.

Final Bison - with SF4/SFA Teleport, WW Scissors and WW Psycho Crusher (SFA tribute)
Angry Scar Sagat - with WW Uppercut and Faster Tiger Shots (SF4 tribute)
Revenging/Fallen Vega - with WW Wall crawl (Cannon Spike)
Uber Balrog - Invincible WW Turn Punch and has better damage in normals

Ahhh the good old levels of damageā€¦ so far.

Iā€™m not actually against low damage provided the game is offensive like SFA3. But after SFV where attack options are scarce and a full meterless combo does the damage of a SF2 mid, it is kind of refreshing.

That said, how much difference does it make a new ST rehash? Canā€™t people just get MAME, Fightcade or any other emulator and play the original for free? Doesnā€™t sound like a good deal even if you own a Switch, much less a reason to jump in.

Thatā€™s why weā€™re asking for an mode with original ST in it.

ST Mode should definitely be a thing here.

That was really detailedā€¦ :s

I watched this on stream the other night and Boxerā€™s dash straight didnā€™t hit crouchers.
GGs Capcom

ā€¦I thought thatā€™s how it worked in ST as well?

I hope there is an arcade release on Nesica or some other platform. That way Round1 in Japan/America will have it in some capacity

Ughā€¦ brain fart. for a second I confused him with HF Boxer.

This.

Arcade release might save it from going the way of HDRā€¦ if the questionable changes donā€™t kill it first.

Who are the other 2 new characters? Akuma and Hyper Zangief?

Sawada and Jean Claude Van Guile.

Slightly Sexier Cammy.
Bodacious Chun-li.

People keep talking about this being ST when its SF2.

They should just release ST but they arenā€™t doing that. No point in releasing a new game if youā€™re gonna add in the old one.

Really just release ST and call it a day.

Canā€™t fault people when even Capcom talks about it as if it were ST.

hmmā€¦ Havenā€™t really seen too much but hereā€™s my first impressions so far:
What I like:
-The fact that itā€™s SF2, so many things I love/hate about that game heh
-I like how thereā€™s throw techs instead of randomly choosing who getā€™s thrown. This also getā€™s rid of the dumb meta of taking a jump attack to get a free throw. You had to do a deep jump attack because of how low the hitstun was so low.

What I dislike
-The speedā€¦ Why is it so slow? STā€™s fast paced gameplay made it super fun.
-Violent Ken dashing through fireballs. Capcom just hates fireballs donā€™t they?
-40 dollars for this? Wow lol

Iā€™m still looking forward to it, hopefully capcom fixes some of the issues (ah who am I kidding? PFFT)

Thatā€™s one of the things that killed HDR. People can talk about it having wack balance but so does ST. Only difference is that we already understand the strats, tools and tech for things. ST is fully developed and still very much engaging to play.

More importantly it is still played in arcades in Japan which means that all of the FG world is on the same page. Man, I could do a good 1,000 words on why USF2 being exclusive to the switch is a bad idea.

You just need to say:

USF2 is an updated version of HDR for the Nintendo Switch

Just 11 words and you can pretty much see how this is a terrible idea