Ultra El Fuerte

These changes are all meh the only one that actually changes anything is if they have expanded the downward hitbox on ex guac soIit hits grounded opponents. And if they gave short guac more invincibility so we can anti air jump ins.

Was actually gonna ask the consensus on these changes because I kind of looked at them with a “=/” expression on my face.

Increase hitbox on c.MP? OK… can it anti-air now or is it now viable as a poking tool? Odd buff to me

cl.HK is faster but does it allow for new combo possibilities? If not then who cares?

Aren’t far s.LK and cl.LK the same thing? They made far s.LK 3f but it’s not cancellable. Why?

I suppose I like how they increased the reward for landing Fajita Buster. 180 damage a little unnecessary but I’ll take it. Everything else is like Q.Bomb gimmicks and very slight adjustments on his frames

Any word on him getting airborne frames on his overhead? Q.Bomb getting changed to an input command? Hitbox increase on close Fierce to make RSF hit better vs awkward reelback animations? Any word on glitches being removed like the input dead zone where you Run back into a corner and EX Guac trade?

*El Fuerte

• Far Standing Light Punch start up is now 6f.

Lol

• Crouching Light Kick is now 4f.
    Nice change, helps with RS pressure and punishe**s.

• Crouching Medium Punch’s hitbox has been improved.

I think Elf players only use this move my mistake

• Far Standing Light Kick start up is 3f, not cancellable.

It’s +2 on hit (so lot linkable), and it’s now not cancellable, so it’s fucking useless.

• Tostada Press active frames increased by 1.

Would’ve preferred less recovery, but this is okay. Hopefully they’ve fixed the ‘whiffs though crouching moves’ glitch

• Fajita Buster damage increased to 180.

Can’t argue with more damage.

• Quesadilla Bomb connects from Crouching Medium Kick.

Unless you’ve managed to charge a lvl2 Q-bomb and have hit confirmed into it, there’s no point in using this. Well, unless you’re cancelling super, or FADCing.

• Close Standing Heavy Kick start up now 10f.

Cool, we may be able to RSF into it now. Or RSR, should I say.

• Light and Heavy Kick Guacamole Leg Throw invincibility increased.

Awesome. Great change.

• Normal Quesadilla Bomb start up now 14f, recovery reduced by 4f.

Great, so it’s still -9 on hit. Lol.

• EX Quesadilla Bomb now throw invincible.

I’m still not holding down two kick buttons for that long.

• Gordita Sobat recovery reduced by 1f.

We’ll be +2 on block now. Great RSF ender for more mix-ups.

• EX Guacamole Leg Throw downward hitbox increased. Apparently his RSF loop can now be canceled into EX Guacamole Leg Throw and hit.*

No idea what this means or how it would even work.

Honestly, for me, most of the changes are completely meaningless. Nothing on the list really makes up for the fact that delayed wake-up is going to really hurt Elf.

Why do people think delayed wake up is going to hurt elf so much smh.

It’s +5 on hit actually. +2 on block. And if that last change means you can combo into EX GLT on grounded opponents, Elf’s damage output from lights just went through the roof.

I just went into this forum, as I felt delayed wake up would hurt El fuerte’s game the most.

Depending on how its implemented, whether delayed wake up is “risk free” it will stop you from using and committing to moves that put you into recovery. Thereby nullifying some of your pressuring tools. I’m not exactly sure what the minimum move frame is for jumping attacks, but a ground light attack would be about 13 frames. And if they go into delayed wake-up and you commit, you may be at risk.

Eg. If delayed wake-up is 4 frames, and you time your attack, say cr.lp [4-3-7] that has 7 frames of recovery. You can see, that if delayed wake-up allows for immediate reversals, afterwards, you would be in trouble.

Although, I suspect it could be used to nullify cross-ups.

But people are chalking it up as “no big” deal, as you could just re-time setups and plan for delayed wake-ups. But I don’t think its that easy, minimum moves are 13 frames and to re-jump, you need about 30 frames.

If they make delayed Wake-up too good, without penalty, then they have effectively broken the game, in favor of defense over offense. No option should always be safe in SF. The attacker has too many options to cover, and too much risk - a delayed wake-up shoryuken and they are toast.

They just showed Elf on stream, and it seems like he could combo f.MK into EX GLT (said 4 hits). If this is true, then they must’ve made it faster as well.

Stream archive?

I don’t remember. But I got to try the game myself on DH, and the ground-hitting part of EX GLT comes out really fast, and you could easily link it after f.MK. Thing is though, Dawgtanian said that ground-hit EX GLT is removed in the next build anyways.

Combofiend said he wanted to keep it. he told spab and I this at NEC

- EX Guacamole Leg Throw downward hit box increased. Apparently his RSF loop can now be cancelled into EX Guacamole Leg Throw and hit.

Would be great if they kept this in, seems like a great ender to RSF.

- Crouching Medium Punch’s hit box has been improved.

If this means this can be used as a reliable anti air, then I’m sure you could Cr.MP anti air then cross under with run xx tortilla or other shenanigans.

Latest from Japan Loketest:

• Close Standing LP hitbox expanded downward
    Far Standing LK start-up reduced from 5F to 3F; can no longer be cancelled
    Close Standing MK start-up reduced from 14F to 11F; recovery reduced from 14F to 13F
    Far Standing MK recovery reduced from 15F to 14F
    Close Standing HK start-up reduced from 12F to 10F
    M Guacamole Leg Throw invincibility time increased from 1-5F to 1-10F
    H Guacamole Leg Throw invincibility time increased from 1-7F to 1-16F

EX Guacamole Leg Throw recovery reduced from 10F to 6F; now hits grounded opponents
    Lv1, Lv2, Lv3 and EX Quesadilla Bomb start-up reduced from 17F to 14F, recovery reduced from 18F to 14F
    EX Quesadilla Bomb throw invincible from 1-7F
    Fajita Buster damage increased from 150 to 180
    Tostada Press active frames increased from 7F to 8F
    Gordita Sobat recovery reduced from 18F to 17F*

depends on the final balance change to it, since we have no wakeup and this negates mixup options fuerte got hit

The change is final to dwu it will say technical and they will stay on the ground for 11 frames which opens up corpse hopping multiple times, running them to the corner further I think its awesome.

RESURRECTION, anyone test him out?

I downloaded the mod. Is the mod worth discussing?

I’ve been testing damage totals on EX Red Focus stuff. Not looking like a ton of promise. :confused:

If y’all want me to test something let me know.

Iori has got a couple of matches up on youtube atm.

Q-Bomb combos from c.mk now, which means we can get a bit more damage off of f.mk or c.lk confirms. Moreover, you can combo f.mk -> c.lk -> c.mk -> Q-bomb -> Red FADC -> RSF. (1:23 in the video above) Costs 3 meters, but that shit is going to be racking up stun like nobodies business.

Final changelist:

*Close Standing LP hitbox expanded downward
Close Standing MK start-up reduced by 3 frames (14F → 11F); recovery reduced by 1 frame (14F → 13F)
Far Stand LK active frames increased by 1 (1F → 2F); advantage on hit increased (+5F → +6)
Far Standing MK recovery reduced by 1F (15F → 14F)
Close Standing HK start-up reduced by 2 frames (12F → 10F)
EX Guacamole Leg Throw recovery reduced by 4 frames (10F → 6F)
Lv1, Lv2, Lv3 and EX Quesadilla Bomb start-up reduced by 3 frames (17F → 14F); recovery reduced by 4 frames (18F → 14F)
Quesadilla Bomb Lvl 1 damage increased by 30 (50 → 80); charge time reduced by 60 frames (120F → 60F)
Quesadilla Bomb Lvl 2 damage increased by 20 (100 → 120); charge time reduced by 110 frames (210F → 120F); keeps the opponent standing on hit
Quesadilla Bomb Lvl 3 charge time reduced by 120 frames (300F → 180F)
EX Quesadilla Bomb now fully invincible from frames 1 - 15
Fajita Buster damage increased by 30 (150 → 180)
Tostada Press start-up reduced by 1 frame (20F → 19F); active frames increased by 1 frame (7F → 8F)
Gordita Sobat recovery reduced by 1 frame (18F → 17F)*

& this

Does EX Bomb still give a wallbounce on counterhit?

Also, yay a reversal!

I’m a little sad they removed the 3f s.LK :confused: