Ultra Bison changes in 1.4

My friends are reading through the patch notes.

• Bison throws no longer one frame easier to tech.
  • Less push back on 1st hit of mk.sk so Bison can connect RFA “easier”

The thread title is misleading. Bison remain unchanged with the new patch.
What I understand is that they fixed a problem with Bison throws that was reported a long time ago, that made his throw easier to tech, they addressed this change as a fix.

The second change is less push back on the First Hit of double knee press to make it easier for Red Focus to connect.

Therefore, Bison only received fixing changes and no nerfs.

Yeah seems like they mistranslated that bit. I’m a whole lot less angry now.

I’ve edited the OP.

Not much to say, i suppose max range cr.lk - Scissors MK will combo into Red Focus now… well, it’s something, along with the grab tech window.

Better than being a lower mid tier and getting nothing like Guy.

Bug fixes. Well better than eating unneeded nerfs

Pretty happy with the changes announced.
Only thing else I’m looking for with Bison is a fix to his LK.SK animation so Chun’s 2 frame super can no longer punish it on block.
I feel Chun is Bison’s worse match now purely because her Super completely shuts him down and I’m pretty sure Capcom didn’t intend it to do that.

really?

chun is significantly easier now that she can’t hide behind her fireball. any chun that used her fb as a crutch in the MU now auto-loses. for any chun that played proper footsies vs bison (which i only know one that does that) then there’s no change in the MU

Did you watch the match between Gagapa and Valmaster ? Ok Bison does more damage in ultra and can punish kikoken. But as you can see a good player like Valmaster does not throw fireball when Bison have his charge. Delay wake up is better for Chun li than for Bison, because now we can’t guarantee safe jumps. And now Chun super (medium kick) destroy bison’s gameplay. You can’t approach her, you can’t go for chip damage, you can’t push her in the corner, you can’t safe jump her, you can’t play lame.

Capcom should fix this 1.5 frame super. It change a lot of things :confused:

Could you guys tell me exactly what changed with her Super in USF4 for this matchup? I have yet to face a good Chun player in Ultra.

Nothing. Scissor LK being -1 on block means punishable by her super

yeah which is kinda what i was saying. if chuns used her FB has a crutch in the MU (because honestly it was pretty good) and never knew real footsies, they auto-lose now. if they never relied on the FB then nothing really changes.

safe jumps are still guaranteed. they may delay wake up but you still get your pressure all the same (block string/chip). it’s not like chuns were trying to exsbk and eating cross up attempts anyway.

you can still play lame. what is she gonna do when you’re sitting on back charge and you have a lead? throw a fireball? play footsies? both are opportunities for you to do your damage. she needs time to charge her super too so as long as you aren’t using s.mk or lk.sk when she’s charging then there’s no problem

above all else, chun isn’t starting with a super stocked and she’s still spending meter all the time on lightning legs. her super punishing lk.sk is really more of a “oh i guess that’s kind of neat” for chun players. it’s not game breaking

Wasn’t her Super 1+1, which actually means 2 frames?

Depends on version used

He has Cammy in his picture. Don’t give him info guys.

In the first round when both as no meter chun has the advantage with her superior footsies and fireball game. the only advantage bison had was the pressure game (which in fact chun can also do very well vs bison), but what is taken into account that you need to penetrate that defensive wall which is her overall movement, superior buttons, zoning game, superior air to air and weird angeled jump ins and a very fast comboable overhead. the moment she has super there is literally nothing bison can do, it punishes scissor kick and s.mk on block. if somehow bison got the lifelead with meter, chun can still throw fireballs out of ex scissor range to close the gap or throw fireballs the moment bison walks forward. she completely shuts him down. this is quite frankly bisons second hardest matchup, its almost 7-3 in chuns favour. though the only chun in the world that is good is valmaster, as every other chun i’ve seen or played has little fundamental grasp with the character compared to him.

I agree with this 100%.
I’ve had the pleasure of playing Valmaster in a tournament this year and he really understands the match up well (not surprising I think he plays often enough against Gagapa). He beat me 2-0 and only one of the rounds was anyway close. For sure he’s a better player than me no question but the match up but the match up was tough even then back in version 2012.

Now in Ultra her health buff negates Bison’s small damage buff, she has a more damaging ultra and better anti air. Combined with her ability to punish LK.SK on block the match up is pretty much 7-3 now.
If Capcom do another balance update next year they really need to address the bug that allows her super to punish LK.SK on block.

I think its tougher match up than Guile now.

I hate Chun, but I wouldn’t say harder than Guile.

This match up will never be balanced. Bison will lose to Guile and Chun for storyline reasons forever.

Well… storywise, Bison is supposed to be much stronger than both of them. I wonder how the matchup will be in Street fighter 5 if Bison is in it. If Charlie is an important character in SF5, than Bison may have a high chance to be in the game.

Guile has always stomped Bison. Storywise, they aren’t even on his radar.